Using combs plus elastic on dread falls

Librarynerd

Using combs plus elastic on dread falls

Post by Librarynerd » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:32 am

Hi All,

Lately I've been wiring the elastic lace to a comb and then wiring the dreads to the fall. Seems to work really well for keeping a heavy fall from slipping and is more comfortable because the pressure is split between the comb and the elastic tied to the pigtail and if you give the dread a few twists on the wire it makes it stand up real nice if you want a spiky look. It's still easy to remove the dreads by cutting the wire along the comb to wear them installed. The combs I've been using are made for bridal veils, they seem to grab well when pushed under the pigtail.

Is anyone else doing this? Have you found any pitfalls or tips for this method?

Dreads in this pic are an early attempt, I now use a much longer piece of elastic.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanween23

XXXX I used to be disgusted. Now I try to be amused. XXXX

IKickShins

Re: Using combs plus elastic on dread falls

Post by IKickShins » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:15 am

The only pitfall I can think of is some people find combs uncomfortable. I'm one of them; the comb holding up my very lightweight shoulder length veil at my wedding drove me NUTS. I felt like the teeth were digging into my head the whole time, even though they really weren't.

But if they're easy to remove, you've already covered that :)
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

UrbanHairDesigns

Re: Using combs plus elastic on dread falls

Post by UrbanHairDesigns » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:35 am

I agree, I have worn combs on lightweight hair pieces and i felt the same way. I think the plastic combs are more comfortable though.
http://www.ModernSophistication.com
Tailor made hair additions

Return to “Synthetic Dreadlocks”