From Canada, and I need help!

Edea

From Canada, and I need help!

Post by Edea » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:46 pm

I am an Ontarian. I have recently started making synthetic dreads again. Unfortunately, I have moved, and I have been unable to find a store in London (Ontario, where I currently reside) that sells Kanekalon synthetic Jumbo braids for dreading. The stors that I originally bought from don't have any websites or order details. The only method I can find right now is importing from America, because the few prices that I have seen in Canadian sites (that's about the only place I have found Kanekalon) are in the $20+ area. On the American sites, they're about $2.99 and less.
Also, are there any affordable and quality steamers around here? I'm beginning to think that using a squirt-bottle and a straightening iron, may not be the best method.

sammu

Re: From Canada, and I need help!

Post by sammu » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:01 pm

Hi and welcome. :)

I'm sure if you look around the site, and use the search feature you'll find everything you're looking for and then some. We have an extensive topic on steamers, and while there may not be many KK sellers in Canada that I know of (a Plastikhaar is based in Canada I think), you'll have to go to US places such as Doctored Locks.

SyNNy+SuKKupyre

Post by SyNNy+SuKKupyre » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:02 pm

Ello and welcome from the Torontonian Kitten ^^ mEOW

As for KK suppliers I only buy small amounts from a local store in downtown Toronto.
I used to buy PlastikHaar from Neko in Toronto but if you are buying in bulk ordering from Ikickshins is cheapest.

If you have any other questions feel free to drop me a PM ^^
Psylita Sukkubus
Keeping things uniquely odd since '91

brandalynn

Post by brandalynn » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:39 am

Hi,
saw the help request for steamers. I got mine from the American Ebay. It was $40.00 total and has worked for 3 years so far. When you search, be sure to put in steam cleaner rather than steamer. Hope that helps! :D
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes" --- bumper sticker---

SyNNy+SuKKupyre

Post by SyNNy+SuKKupyre » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:00 pm

Canadian Tire sells a few different steamers in different price ranges, so does Zellars and Walmart.
Currently I am using a ghetto kettle so I cannot comment too much on steamers
Psylita Sukkubus
Keeping things uniquely odd since '91

Return to “New to Hair Extensions Forum-archive”