Eyebrows!

Xavialune

Eyebrows!

Post by Xavialune » Mon May 11, 2009 6:32 am

So, I consider myself fairly good at drawing on eyebrows. But, I see a lot of you lovely ladies having SUPER thin ones. And they look great! Problem is, my clunky hands can never ever get them that tiny and thin. Does anyone have some tips for this? As time goes on, my eyebrows just seem to be getting thicker and thicker.

Or maybe Im just getting lazier. lol!

Oh and my right eyebrow is never the same as the left one. Ugh!
I <3 The Chameleons

harlequin

Re: Eyebrows!

Post by harlequin » Mon May 11, 2009 8:09 am

i would also like to know the secret to thin eyebrows.

ive now resorted to letting mine grow back and going to the waxers to let them shape my eyebrows for me as i cannot get them to look nice if i draw them on.

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Mon May 11, 2009 2:50 pm

I know its kind of hard to see from this pic, but this is what I use for my brows.

https://www.wegmans.com/prodimg/335/200 ... 525335.jpg

Its got a VERY narrow tip that I find lets me get quite thin with my brows. I don't typically do my whole brow thin, but the outer end I do. By the time I reach the outer tip of my brow it's pretty much just one single stroke's worth, if that makes sense.

I find the stuff stays on well too, and its affordable.

Xavialune

Post by Xavialune » Mon May 11, 2009 5:31 pm

I use maybelline liquid liner. Waterproof...thats the thing..is this stuff waterproof? I have VERY oily skin and it just wipes right off if it isnt. Smudgy..how does it perform on your face?

The liquid liner has a felt tip thats very pointy but for some reason I still cant get it thin. I sorta used to be able to..but not as thin as some of you girls get it.
I <3 The Chameleons

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Mon May 11, 2009 6:17 pm

This is more of a crayon, and it gets very thin.

As far as the staying power, I don't have quite the same problem you describe, but it does last for me. I need make up remover or a real good scrub in the shower to take it all off.

I have smeared it once or twice while wearing it, but I was really rubbing my face vigorously. I'm not sure if anything would have held up to the kind of abuse I put to it then.

The advantage is that its not too expensive. I pay about 6.99 for mine. So, you could always just use it as an eyeliner/lip liner if it doesn't work out for your brows. Its really suppose to be an eyeliner anyway.

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Mon May 11, 2009 7:45 pm

i use rimmel eyebrow pencil if i'm drawing mine on, its quite a 'dry' pencil if that makes sense, so it can be sharpened up to do one thin line
/emmy x

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Tue May 12, 2009 2:18 am

Lilinth wrote:i use rimmel eyebrow pencil if i'm drawing mine on, its quite a 'dry' pencil if that makes sense, so it can be sharpened up to do one thin line
I used to use that one too, it's a good one that lasted me the whole day.

DoomBot

Post by DoomBot » Tue May 12, 2009 3:06 am

I have had my eyebrows both thick and thin. What I find helps is drawing it out first.

I use elizabeth arden eyebrow filler (which comes with a great brush) to draw down a general outline for my eyebrows. Then I go overtop with whatever I happen to be using to match my hair at the time. Right now I use gosh liquid eyeliner in green. This works in the same way MAC Liquidlast works.

Like this!

Xavialune

Post by Xavialune » Tue May 12, 2009 3:56 am

whoa thats a cool green! do they have a website? Rimmel I will have to try that. I dont know abut this maybelline stuff, I think they may have changed their formula. because before it would never smudge but now all it does is smudge on my eyelids! I dont know if it is my eyelids or what...they seem to be excessively droopy these days :( I have a lot of skin on them or something. But yeah smudge smudge smudge...pisses me off! Maybe putting urban decay primer on first would help?
I <3 The Chameleons

DoomBot

Post by DoomBot » Tue May 12, 2009 8:32 am

http://www.goshcosmetics.com

They have alot of unique colors, and they stay on very VERY well. You can go swimming with this stuff and it will stay on.

A primer will help most anything stay on better. But even with eyeliners like the Gosh and Mac liquidlast a bit of pressed poweder even will help.

Couture_Coiffure

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Tue May 12, 2009 7:12 pm

Am a fan of Rimmel as well, but I have also used an angle brush with eyeshadow for more 'odd' colors such as red.

Q-tips will be your best friend. Pull some of the cotton off the end so it's not so bulky, and you will have a nice soft edge with which you can get up into the drawn on brow to thin it out or shape it in the desired areas. It helps if the cotton is a bit damp as well.

Have had plenty of people ask me if my brows are tattooed on, which tells me I've done a good job. The thing is, ever since I started wearing 'dots' [am getting myself used to them since they may become permanent this year], it's hard for me to draw on arches without feeling silly. :lol:
Angel de'Vil Designs | Website | Shop | Blog | Facebook

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Wed May 13, 2009 8:47 pm

Miss Liberty wrote:I know its kind of hard to see from this pic, but this is what I use for my brows.

https://www.wegmans.com/prodimg/335/200 ... 525335.jpg

Its got a VERY narrow tip that I find lets me get quite thin with my brows. I don't typically do my whole brow thin, but the outer end I do. By the time I reach the outer tip of my brow it's pretty much just one single stroke's worth, if that makes sense.

I find the stuff stays on well too, and its affordable.

oo i no what that is. A rectracable eyebrow pencil! you twist it to make the crayon bit come out?
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Wed May 13, 2009 9:03 pm

thats the one :)

dreadfullydivine

Post by dreadfullydivine » Thu May 14, 2009 3:31 pm

Xavialune wrote:I use maybelline liquid liner. Waterproof...thats the thing..is this stuff waterproof? I have VERY oily skin and it just wipes right off if it isnt. Smudgy..how does it perform on your face?

The liquid liner has a felt tip thats very pointy but for some reason I still cant get it thin. I sorta used to be able to..but not as thin as some of you girls get it.
I just use a regular eyebrow pencil that I sharpen down to a very fine point for my eyebrows however I am in the same situation as you since I have oily skin and it will wipe off. I have found that the Benefit makeup sealer She-Laq is the best thing ever for eyebrows. My eyebrows never smudge anymore and I can go swimming and have them stay on.
Raising the next generation of future warlords..

Xavialune

Post by Xavialune » Fri May 15, 2009 6:37 pm

whoa I gotta get some of that!

See the 'crayons' or retractable pencils or even just regular pencils I get always break off on me lol..And I have to pick up the broken off piece and then smear it back onto the pencil and try to shape it into something vaguely resembling a point lol..So yeah its never really worked for me.
I <3 The Chameleons

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Sun May 17, 2009 8:40 am

I cheat with my eyebrows (and eyeliner too...). I try to get it as thin or neat as I can, but of course I never do because I'm so clumsy. I lightly wet a q-tip and use that to neaten everything up.
More human than human

Xavialune

Post by Xavialune » Sun May 17, 2009 4:31 pm

tazzyface wrote:I cheat with my eyebrows (and eyeliner too...). I try to get it as thin or neat as I can, but of course I never do because I'm so clumsy. I lightly wet a q-tip and use that to neaten everything up.
same here..only with spit LOL I know its gross but its the only thing that takes off the waterproof stuff well enough..but even then its usually darker in the spots I fixed.

It seems I can only get very thin eyebrows when my liner is relatively new. the maybelline felt tip becomes flimsy after a while.
I <3 The Chameleons

Cait Annihilate

Post by Cait Annihilate » Sun May 17, 2009 5:01 pm

i too draw my brows on with maybelines waterproof liquid liner.
ive been able to get them pretty thin using the q-tip method..... and i use almay's oil free makeup remover (it's a liquid in a bottle, not the wipes) to make it damp and i have achieved some fairly thin eyebrows with it.
i also have an oily skin issue and my brows will "bleed" a little bit if i get a good sweat going.
i found out the best solution for this is to shave your brows (it works best for me if they are a fresh clean shave), do your daily cleansing and moisturizing routine, wait at least 10 minutes for the moisturizer to soak in, and draw on my brows.
if im wearing a full face of makeup i do my whole liquid routine after the brows are on (being very careful of course) and then powder OVER my brows or if im just doing a quick "get my face together" then i make sure to get a nice layer of powder on, even OVER my brows.
i swear if you use a layer of powder over this liquid maybeline stuff it works wonders for it ending up greasy!
you may lose some of that super dramatic dark black look but i think it fools people even more into thinking theyre tattooed on, people ask me if mine are on almost a daily basis. well, i work for a wawa (if you know what that is) so i see hundreds of people a day lol.

i edited to add that i use coty airspun loose powder, i haven't tried other powders over my brows so i don't know if they will worsen/lessen the toning down of the eyebrow color. and all of the items i use can conveniently be found at walmart! :D

Xavialune

Post by Xavialune » Sun May 17, 2009 5:16 pm

Nice Im going to have to try that. Do you think redrawing the brows over the powder would still make it oily?
I <3 The Chameleons

Cait Annihilate

Post by Cait Annihilate » Fri May 22, 2009 4:57 am

that is a good question.... i really don't konw but i would doubt it.
i can say the original reason why i draw the brows on before the powder is if i make a boo boo and have to start over i dont want to be taking the powder off in the process and make a blotchy effect.... but in time i realized when i use the powder versus not i have no issues with "bleeding" eyebrows due to oil.
if i remember correctly there was one time when i went a little heavy handed with the powder in the eyebrow area and it was very very obvious that there was ivory powder over my brows and i believe i just gave them a light touch up to darken them again and had no problems.
i will have to experiment a little and see what happens but i don't think it would start up an oil issue.... i just like the fact that the little bit of powder over makes them look a little more natural and makes them a little less likely to rub off if they make contact with something lol!
i am forever rubbing them off on my arm or hand, my boyfriends face, and the other day a friend shoved my face in her cleavage and she had a perfect left eyebrow imprint on her boob hahahaha!
but these were all times when i skipped the powder and had worked up a sweat at some point in the day.

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:18 am

Boujorous (How ever the heck it's spelt) they have a liquid liner with a thin brush for thin brows. They come in a few nice colours too. This stuff stays on so much it actually stains your skin where the brow was drawn for a day or so, which I found really handy the next day to use the stain as a guide. If you cake it on thick with thick brows it dries and can crack!! that is the bad thing about it :[ but if you put it on in a thin layer it will last all night..! it's pretty good. Drawing them on with a pencil was much easier. I could get them nice and thin that way.

Jennilox

Post by Jennilox » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:21 pm

felt tip pen! the thin ones.

i wouldnt reccomend this if you have sensitive skin though. it works fine for me.

skymistress

Post by skymistress » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:00 pm

Kind of the same topic - Eyebrows - what's the favorable method for removing? Plucking or shaving? I heard that plucking damages the hair folicles and shaving will allow growing back, but will be sharp and pointy at first...

Any suggestions?

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:18 am

If you want to draw on your eyebrows, I'd recommend shaving over tweezing or waxing because you don't want to end up with bald spots anywhere should you ever choose to grow them back! If you just want to shape them, waxing is best because it gets rid of the little hairs that tweezers can't pick up.
More human than human

DoomBot

Post by DoomBot » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:33 pm

I go back and forth between shaving and plucking. I prefer plucking since my hair is naturally very dark.

But right now I am growing them back in or a camping trip and I can see the patterns of where I have been continuosley plucking starting to thin out.

Return to “Tutorials - Everything Else”