Eyebrows!

SyNNy+SuKKupyre

Re: Eyebrows!

Post by SyNNy+SuKKupyre » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:19 am

I can only seem to draw decent brows with a rectractable purple liner that I paid a pretty penny for.

not that I am good at drawing my brows and have once or twice only put one on and hid that fact but still get my best results with my Bonnebell Eye style Presice liner in plum.

Think it was like $4 CAD

But there are a few YT tuts that have helped me make better eyebrows than before.

And believe me I had some HORRIBLE chunky bad colored brows when I first started shaving them off 4 years ago.

and yes I shave.

I want laser hair removal to permanent take them off though.

NOTE

I searched and searched YT for the tuts I was talking about with no luck but pretty much I use the 3 dot method and usually extend my own with a funky design on the end
Psylita Sukkubus
Keeping things uniquely odd since '91

Cerkitboard

Post by Cerkitboard » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:07 pm

I know this post is quite old but I've been drawing my eyebrows on for 7 years now, and I switch between shaving and plucking. My eyebrows are very thick, and the hairs are very stiff, so shaving doesn't quite get rid of the disgusting "5 oclock shadow" above my bloody eyes, and as I NEVER intend to grow my own eyebrows back, I have no problems with plucking.

I pluck as much of the black hairs out as I can and shave the rest, giving me a nice smooth finish to work on.

I used Rimmel Liquid Liner for mine. I don't pencil in first as I find the liquid doesn't set properly and even one hair that runs across it will rub it off. The brush on the Liner is about 6mm long and very flexible, so you have to have a pretty steady hand, but it's such a thin brush that it gives wonderful thin lines. However, if you're looking for good colours, I've sworn by it for about 5 years now.

I don't rate StarGazer for much as their products are usually shoddy, but I've bought their Liquid Liner colours, for my eyebrows because they are so vivid and use the same thin Brush as the Rimmel Liner. The red is an absolutely fantastic blood red, and I used this with my red dreads.

Overall though, it really takes ALOT of practice to get them perfect. I have been doing mine with liquid liner every single day for 7 years, and I STILL get it wrong. Occasionally I'll get an eyebrow off centre, or one will come out thicker, or the shape isn't right, or the brush has slid and given me a crap line. I ALSO use a wetwipe, wrapped tightly round the end of my finger to wipe away any unwanted areas, using my nail for precision!
Rajanadooagolawookienipplepinchy!

rivet-kitty

Post by rivet-kitty » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:07 pm

I've seen alot of "brand names" in here and I don't think brand has anything to do with it.
I do mine with gel liner, using an angled liner brush. I sometimes also do them with liquid liner. Gel and liquid liner stay on for longer than pencil.
It's just a matter of steadying your hand. Maybe try holding the brush/pencil differently and going at it from a different angle?

ViktoriaKimber

Post by ViktoriaKimber » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:15 am

What I find helpful for my eyebrows is a baby wipe & long fingernails. I fold the baby wipe over my nail and re-trace the underneath of my eyebrow, which leaves it perfectly shapely and thin!

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:52 am

i use barry m liquid liner, best stuff ive ever used for staying power went away over easterfor 4 daysdrew them on in the pink one before we left and didnt need to do them again the whole time we were there!!

i usually pluck my eyebrows but know its not always good to do that, sometimes very occasionally i do shave them but i dont like the look of it when its been shaved whereas plucking you dont have the stubbly bits and shaving leaves me with red marks and dry skin and when they are growing back its looks horrid
to get the shape i either dig my nail in and 'draw' the outline and go over it or i bought this really nifty thing off ebay that cost me 99pence with shipping from japan lol its an eyebrow shaper hat goes over your nose and your spose to pluck in the hole bit thats there but i just use top bit of it and use that as i guide its great
x
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:53 am

I shave mine and it turns out very well, which is quite surprising as if I shave anywhere else I get the shadow or awful red bumps! I use stencils for every day as I quite enjoy my sleep ins, and then on week ends or nights out I go to town with elaborate designs :lol: I use anything from eyeshadow to pencil eyeliner to liquid eyeliner in a huge variety of brands and colours... I love drawing on my eyebrows, it's so versatile, and I no longer have to deal with my stupid patchy natural eyebrows! I spent more time trying to tame my natural ones than I do drawing mine in.

For eyeshadows, I haven't had any bad luck with them fading regardless of the brand. I have an Australis pencil in blue that I love because it's soft, but I need to be careful because soft pencils can turn out clumpy. Maybelline have something called "define-a-line" which is great if you prefer crayon type eyeliners. For liquid eyeliners, I have a metallic blue Avon one with a felt tip that is great, and a little Revlon one... It has a flexible felt tip. No issues with cracking or anything like that. I prime them by using concealer (Estee Lauder Double Wear). Honestly I think priming the skin first is the most important part of getting eyebrows to last.
More human than human

cherrybombdreads

Post by cherrybombdreads » Mon May 10, 2010 2:15 pm

I have extreemmeellyy thin natural eyebrows, but only up to the 'arch'.
I prefere the look of drawn on eyebrows, but im hopeless at doing so! I also find that keeping part of my eyebrow helps not make them look to fake because I just cannot pull it off!

I'm currently using No 7 black eyeliner pencil. Ontop of pressed powder and i think that it works wonders!
I've never found it smudges, or dissappears! I put it on at about half 7 in the morning and its still there at 11 oclock at night!
http://www.cherrybombdreads.webs.com High Quality Roving and Synthetic Dreads!

whorror

Post by whorror » Fri May 28, 2010 8:28 am

I'm a chunky eyebrow lady myself ;D I've been shaving and drawing for eight years, and only in the past year have I found that growing back a little bit of brow makes it sooo much easier to draw on every morning, not only this but they suite me so much more than just pencilled on brows. c:
ⓑⓞⓝⓔⓢ ⓞⓕ ⓑⓐⓑⓨ ⓓⓞⓛⓛⓢ

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:21 am

PrettyDreadful wrote:This is an awesome technique for removing or shaping eyebrows .

Eyebrow Threading ....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVmbHB2p4WM

Its a little tricky at first , but easy to get the hang of :)

Its removes ALL the hair , even the tiny / super light hairs that you can barely see ! lol :D
ive always wondered how that worked! thanks for posting that!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:00 pm

Ha! AMAZING!!!

I NEED to try threading!!
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:41 pm

rather than start a new thread..

anyone got any good tutorials for Siouxsie Sioux style brows? Preferably for people who already have brows and don't intend on getting rid of them any time soon?

justapuppetonastring

Post by justapuppetonastring » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:45 pm

Maybe you could try it and make one? Put a picture of siouxsie on your mirror and practice, practice, practice =) Im sure youd get there in the end. I wouldnlt mind seeing one either but i think I saw one of you in the make up thread and you pretty close? xx

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:47 pm

This is the only tutorial anyone should ever need. EVER.

:D

http://www.biorequiem.com/blush-respons ... -tutorial/
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

justapuppetonastring

Post by justapuppetonastring » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:52 pm

I remember reading that tut a while back, or osmehtign very similar. It is right thoughas soon as you know how you like it where your arches ad edges are etc it gets so easy.

I use the medium shade body shop eyebrw pencil and it is actually very nice (and resonably priced too =) )

xx

Katedra-Obscura

Post by Katedra-Obscura » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Zoe is amazing!
DreadstarMonstar wrote:This is the only tutorial anyone should ever need. EVER.

:D

http://www.biorequiem.com/blush-respons ... -tutorial/
Lakisha
Implexus Hair Modification : http://www.implexus.co.uk
Morbid * Nostri * Obscura * Nocti * Esoteric
Now on Tumblr http://occultobscura.tumblr.com/

Xavialune

Post by Xavialune » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:32 am

Wow my eyebrows thread is still kicking??? :D

I had to switch to revlon colour stay because maybelline did the unthinkable and discontinued their waterproof liner! ugh!

Then they replaced it with that AWFUL stiletto crap!

But this stuff works pretty well too. Still licking q-tips but I do want to try the fingernail/baby wipe technique..
I <3 The Chameleons

Return to “Tutorials - Everything Else”