Forbiddance

Re: REQUEST TUTORIALS HERE

Post by Forbiddance » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:24 am

brandalynn wrote:Wrapped yarn dreads: viewtopic.php?f=65&t=9791
thank you!! :i2:

cherubicsinner

Post by cherubicsinner » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:08 am

I didn't quite know where to put this, because I don't really need a tutorial, I just have a simple question. Where can I find good fur to make my own furry boot covers online?
I've been dying to attempt making them myself and the crafts stores around me don't sell the kind of fur that I need. I'm also kind of weary about giving my credit card number to sites that don't look professional enough, so it would be nice to have advice from someone who has personal experience with a certain site.

Love Bunny

Post by Love Bunny » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:20 pm

cherubicsinner wrote:I didn't quite know where to put this, because I don't really need a tutorial, I just have a simple question. Where can I find good fur to make my own furry boot covers online?
I've been dying to attempt making them myself and the crafts stores around me don't sell the kind of fur that I need. I'm also kind of weary about giving my credit card number to sites that don't look professional enough, so it would be nice to have advice from someone who has personal experience with a certain site.
To be quite honest you'd be much better off buying them ready made, from what I've come accross, long pile fabric is expensive and it costs about the same to buy pre-mades or custom mades :) x
~Jess ♥

International Secret Sweet & Savoury Swap! Sign Up HERE!

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:43 pm

Does anyone have a relatively easy mini military hat tutorial?
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

abby_carnage

Post by abby_carnage » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:33 am

Love Bunny wrote:
cherubicsinner wrote:I didn't quite know where to put this, because I don't really need a tutorial, I just have a simple question. Where can I find good fur to make my own furry boot covers online?
To be quite honest you'd be much better off buying them ready made, from what I've come accross, long pile fabric is expensive and it costs about the same to buy pre-mades or custom mades :) x
I agree. Buying unusual furs like jacquards and mixes are about 15-20 pounds in the UK and it ends up half the price to buy them ready made as they can buy in bulk. xx

Asia

Post by Asia » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:13 pm

Id like a simple SEWN tutu tutorial.
Ive tried no sew and didnt like them and Ive tried my own methods but nothing works right

And also a petticoat tutorial

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:21 pm

Asia wrote:And also a petticoat tutorial
Here's a good one for petticoats:
http://www.theanticraft.com/projects/im ... ticoat.pdf
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

Leanna Moore

Wanted: How to make bottle cap images with CS2

Post by Leanna Moore » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:20 am

I'm really computer illiterate, and can't figure out how to make bottle cap images on my own, I need directions.

So if anyone has ANY idea how to make them, please let me know (:
I can't find any Pokemon bottlecap images on etsy anywhere, and also can't find anyone who would be willing to do a custom order for under 15 dollars with the images I want/have.

Asia

Post by Asia » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:19 pm

ikickshins wrote:
Asia wrote:And also a petticoat tutorial
Here's a good one for petticoats:
http://www.theanticraft.com/projects/im ... ticoat.pdf
Perfect, its a simple explanation. Just what I've been looking for. Thanks!!

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:05 am

Duct tape clothing? i've always had interest in it but im horrible unless i have the process shown to me lol.

Love Bunny

Post by Love Bunny » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:22 pm

Asia wrote:Id like a simple SEWN tutu tutorial.
Ive tried no sew and didnt like them and Ive tried my own methods but nothing works right

And also a petticoat tutorial

What kind of style are you after :) I know how to make all kinds of tutu's !
~Jess ♥

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:09 pm

I'm not sure if this would be a tutorial per se, but I'm looking for a method to naturally repel spiders from my flower and vegetable garden (i realize this may be a stretch on this forum.) I would normally keep spiders around, as they eat the bad bugs, but lately I have noticed quite a few brown widows. While not typically deadly to adult humans, their bites do hurt and can become infected, and i worry about my dogs being bit.

The exterminator wants $300 to come back out, so I am after some type of home concoction I can maybe spray around the garden that will not harm my flowers and peppers until I can spare the cash. I have looked around online, but have not found anything yet. Any methods, recipes, or mini tutes would be helpful. thanks!

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Miss Liberty wrote:I'm not sure if this would be a tutorial per se, but I'm looking for a method to naturally repel spiders from my flower and vegetable garden (i realize this may be a stretch on this forum.) I would normally keep spiders around, as they eat the bad bugs, but lately I have noticed quite a few brown widows. While not typically deadly to adult humans, their bites do hurt and can become infected, and i worry about my dogs being bit.

The exterminator wants $300 to come back out, so I am after some type of home concoction I can maybe spray around the garden that will not harm my flowers and peppers until I can spare the cash. I have looked around online, but have not found anything yet. Any methods, recipes, or mini tutes would be helpful. thanks!

i was watching an infomercial a while ago that this guy wrote a book ontons of simple home remedies for bugs and such.... i'll have to look it up but im sure theres something in there for that i know moth balls keep lots of bugs away but idk if your dogs would leave thos alone to try it

edit: yes moth balls is what i found on the search but like i said if your dogs might try to eat them that mightbe a bad idea. :?

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:45 pm

Miss Liberty wrote:I'm not sure if this would be a tutorial per se, but I'm looking for a method to naturally repel spiders from my flower and vegetable garden (i realize this may be a stretch on this forum.) I would normally keep spiders around, as they eat the bad bugs, but lately I have noticed quite a few brown widows. While not typically deadly to adult humans, their bites do hurt and can become infected, and i worry about my dogs being bit.

I'll get my dad to sen me the gardening forum link for you :)

SuperCollider

Post by SuperCollider » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:10 am

Crochet flowers? Im pretty new to crochet, not really with the whole term thing... I know the basics though :D

Video tutorials are horrible :( they all go way to fast or constantly obstruct the camera with hands! Anyone got any good ones?

Love Bunny

Post by Love Bunny » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:33 am

SuperCollider wrote:Crochet flowers? Im pretty new to crochet, not really with the whole term thing... I know the basics though :D

Video tutorials are horrible :( they all go way to fast or constantly obstruct the camera with hands! Anyone got any good ones?
Ask NaturalistDesigns, she's a crochet whizz :) and might be able to give you a few tips :D x
~Jess ♥

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:52 pm

Love Bunny wrote:
SuperCollider wrote:Crochet flowers? Im pretty new to crochet, not really with the whole term thing... I know the basics though :D

Ask NaturalistDesigns, she's a crochet whizz :) and might be able to give you a few tips :D x
:oops: :lol:

http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/croch ... eaves.html

:D This tutorial!!

Flower In Furs

Post by Flower In Furs » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:54 pm

I would like a tut on how to make pants and jackets. i can also make a tut on bloomers if anyones interested :)
unicorn unity

abby_carnage

Post by abby_carnage » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:57 pm

Flower In Furs wrote:I would like a tut on how to make pants and jackets. i can also make a tut on bloomers if anyones interested :)
What kind of pants and jackets?

Flower In Furs

Post by Flower In Furs » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:24 am

Just a pair of comfy knit yoga pants/starchy/legging thingys with ruffles at the bottom. I have seen them around and i will try to find a picture, but I saw someone wearing a pair around town the other day and i fell in love with them, I can usually re-create something if i already have it and make my own pattern, but i have nothing like them so i am confused haha.
And I just want to make a zip up hoodie with a long pointed hood. :)
Hope that made sense, thanks!
unicorn unity

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:46 am

i'm currently teaching myself how to make a latex bra, when i finally succeed in making something wearable, would anyone be interested in a tut?
/emmy x

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:08 pm

Lilinth wrote:i'm currently teaching myself how to make a latex bra, when i finally succeed in making something wearable, would anyone be interested in a tut?
yus :D

starlotus

Post by starlotus » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:52 pm

I'm looking for either a tut or a sewing pattern for how to make wide-leg cargo pants with both a button/zipper fly AND a drawstring waist. I can find patterns/tutorials online for one or the other (either drawstring OR button/zipper) but not pants with both.

I'm trying to make some rave-y pants (like UFO style) as a gift for a friend, and that's how he wanted them, but am at a loss for how to do it, and I don't have enough faith in my skills sewing to just wing it or even try to modify a pattern on my own. Help?

PinkMinx

Post by PinkMinx » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:02 am

id love a tut on how to make tutus similar the ones i saw love bunny make in the 'what i wore today' thread.
Anyone got any links?
thanks in advance!
**...PiXiE of the Hills...**

Return to “Tutorials - Everything Else”