Neck Corset Pattern..Blargh!

MaliceInWonderland

Neck Corset Pattern..Blargh!

Post by MaliceInWonderland » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:34 pm

Soooo..Anyone know where to find a neck corset pattern? I'm going nuts trying to find one...and honestly I'm not real good at coming up with patterns on my own. :(
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.

Vanilla Trash

Re: Neck Corset Pattern..Blargh!

Post by Vanilla Trash » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:29 pm

I know one but it is in german. This one.
Hope it helps you a bit.

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:12 am

Vanilla Trash wrote:I know one but it is in german. This one.
Hope it helps you a bit.
Ooh, thank you!
You can use babelfish to translate it. It's not perfect but you can piece it together :)
More human than human

ANNloses

Post by ANNloses » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:58 am

This is great, i just wish i could understand the majority of it...It's so difficult for me to use the context haha

kyandii

Post by kyandii » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:09 pm

ANNloses wrote:This is great, i just wish i could understand the majority of it...It's so difficult for me to use the context haha
I was thinking the same D:

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:16 pm

i was going to suggest a translations page but there never accurate really :(
im gonna try and work this out
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:15 pm

i did a translation through word, this is what i got:

Thus, first you look you times the pattern (it click for originalgrösse ), there on are down on the right of a graphic explanation with drauf thereby are also clear, which where must. The expression *sollte* A4 format have, as a check I with the part of 4 a measure to it-wrote. The pattern still is without NZ.

Then ' s gives up to now times in principle two variants for the Halskorsett.
V1: The simple variant (from leather) is tied in the neck and
V2: the aufwändigere with Zier Schnürung in front, those is in the back closed with pushbuttons.

V1
For the simple variant you need:

· A remaining piece leather,

· two Stäbchen approx. 8 cm (I spiral spring used, because I otherwise no other dahatte, in addition, plastics should go)

· a volume for tying and

· 8 eyes.

Here one gets along with a neck extent of ~29 cm also only with the parts of 1-3, since by the Schnürung in the back can be a little open also.

So, the parts must to it logical-proves rum and once mirror-wrongly to once correctly cut out (if their material used: to the thread direction pay attention!) together-sew correctly and directly. With leather that can be done completely well if one the parts with the beautiful sides puts one on the other, with paper clips fixed and then through-sewn. Then you need the Schnürung on the rear side where should tunnels for the Stäbchen. In addition simply the seam addition (one should leave there somewhat more NZ) to turn down and the Stäbchen in it insert. With material it recommends the good piece now above and down to seams/umzunähen themselves and/or. Schrägband draufzunähen, with leather does not have that to not be (I habs me anyhow saved *g*)
Then you still the eyes knock pure and finished isses!

V2
With the aufwändigeren variant with the Schnürung you need in front:

· A remaining piece material (I had only T-Shirt material),

· Handle fleece LINE (I three layers used, damits steiff is),

· 2-3 pushbuttons,

· a volume for tying and

· 12 eyes.

You cut times all parts once correctly rum, once mirror-wrongly out (please to the thread direction pay attention), säumt it thereby nix more fray and treat it times with the necessary handle fleece LINE.
Then you sew the parts of 1 above and down and the parts of 1a on the side where the Schnürung should, above and down either over or she sets in with Schrägband , so that the edges are beautiful. Because on the 1er parts are draufgenäht now times the 1a of parts. In addition simply both with the beautiful sides feststecken and at the edge where they with 2 collide later downward one above the other through-sew. Then the two 1+1a combinations with the beautiful sides one on the other plug together and at the front together-sew. Then you put the front part times away and dedicate you to the remaining parts.
2,3 and 4 is together-sewn now simply in sequence and set in above and down with Schrägband. Now must you the 2,3,4er combination to the correct side of the 1+1a part sew. The part surrounds times and marks in the back as far it to be must. Then you sew in the back still the edge around depending on as long ihrs need and depending upon need 2-3 Druckknöpfchen purely.
Thus, now in front parts come only more the eyes clean and a cord to tying through and finished into the 1a!

Back to the style category
Back to the Klamottenübersicht
Back to N&S

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feedback

Around the quality of the guidances on our side to improve/received we need your feedback. If after this guidance already a Klamotte sewed it, are like that dear and goes through in this short inquiry. Ihr könnt bewerten wir gut ihr die Anleitung findet und wenn ihr wollt noch einen kurzen(!) Kommentar hinterlassen. Dort könnt ihr schreiben was ihr besonders gut/schlecht findet (zB "Der Teil mit dem Reißverschluß könnte ausführlicher erklärt sein"), was zu verbessern wäre und welche Erfahrungen ihr gemacht habt. Above all if it problems had ask we you in the comment to explain where it hooked. Only then we can also meaningfully which improve. Please write there no understanding questions (thus sowas as “as do not sew on does I the Schrägband? ”), which are/wrote can you those that the guidance to arrange directly.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

MaliceInWonderland

Post by MaliceInWonderland » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:03 pm

Thanks for the pattern! Yeah the instructions are total gibberish to me but with a little playing around with it, hopefully I can figure it out! :)
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.

snapaxle

Post by snapaxle » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:51 pm

I did a very quick translation of the first version so hopefully it'll make a little more sense. Unfortunately, I am neither a native German speaker nor a seamstress, so some of this made no sense to me o_O I have no idea what "NZ" stands for, or what an A4 format is. It was frustrating me off by the end of the first one, so I didn't do the second >.>

Anyway, like I said, this was quick, so if there are some things that don't quite make sense, don't kill me XD

So, first of all, look at the pattern (click on it for the original size) There on the bottom is a diagram to explain what has to go where. The printout *should* have an A4 Format, for the test I wrote a length/dimension by piece 4. The pattern still doesn't have NZ.

Now, there are basically two different variations of the neck corset.
V1. The simple variation, out of leather, that laces in the back
V2. The more complicated one with decorative lacing, that closes in the back with buttons/snaps

V1. For the simple one, you need
- A piece of leather
- Two bones/rods about 8 centimeters long (I used spiral springs because I didn't have anything else, but plastic should also work)
- Something for the laces
- 8 eyelets

With this one, you'll get a one that's about 29 centimeters, but that's only with pieces 1-3. You can open it a little more with the laces in the back.

So, logically, you have to cut out the pieces one time right-ways, and one time backwards / like you're looking in a mirror (when you use cloth, pay attention to the direction of the fabric!) and appropriately sew them together. With leather, it's best if you put the pretty sides together, fix it together with paperclips, and then sew it together. Then, you need the eyelets for the laces on the back where the hole for the boning will go. Then simply turn down the seams and (where you should leave a bit more NZ) and sew the boning in. With cloth, make sure the good piece is now top and bottom to hem/sew onto, respectively, a hemming tape... With leather it doesn't have to be that way (I've saved myself anyhow *g*) Then stick the eyelets in and it's all finished!

charlottedidntsaveya

Post by charlottedidntsaveya » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:32 am

Ooops. Now thats funny. Natronundsoda is my project. *smile*

Im so sorry there are no english translations. There is just so much..content.
Still, please dont hesistate to ask me if you need help with the patterns. i will always be more than happy to translate passages to you or give you a summary of what you need to do.

NZ by the way is seam allowance and A4 is a paper format of roughly 11,5 by 8 inches. :i2:
But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.

MaliceInWonderland

Post by MaliceInWonderland » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:22 am

Hey..could you send me an explanation please? I tried just fiddling with the pattern and apparently did something wrong..-_- It would help me out a ton!

charlottedidntsaveya

Post by charlottedidntsaveya » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:41 pm

This is a quick walkthrough, not a translation. If you got questions please feel free to ask and i will go into more detail.

There are two versions of the corset, i'll give you the simple one (the one the girl with the mohawk on the picture is wearing). I guess once you got that you will be able to alter the pattern yourself.

First you need to print the pattern so that it measures 29.6 by 21 cm (that is 11.65 by 8.268 inches). There is a little drawing that shows how the pieces fit together.
However, this drawing illustrates the second version with front lacing. The corset i describe here laces in the back, the front is plain. For this version you will not need piece 1a. Note that "oben" on piece 4 means "top".

You'll need:
leather, two pieces of boning (plastic boning should be good enough) measuring about 3.15 inch, 8 eyelets, string for lacing

Use the paper pattern to cut all pieces as they are. Then flip the pattern and cut the pieces mirrored. Note that the pattern has no seam allowance, that needs to be added by you (be more generous on piece 4)!

To sew you can put the pieces together with the nice sides facing each other, fix with paper clips and then sew. Pins leave tiny holes in the leather that will show later so try to avoid using them.

Now you need to make a tunnel for the boning. You use the seam allowance on piece 4, fold it under and stitch a tunnel wide enough for your boning. Some plastic boning you can stitch through, others you'll need to fix by closing the tunnel top and bottom. If you like you can attach bias tape to the edges but normally leather requires no finishing.
Set the eyelets and you're done.

Hope that helps!
But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.

cupcate

Post by cupcate » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:07 pm

Go on cut out and keep . net

type into search bar for neck corset, I saw one the other week. It was really good :)

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:19 pm

i just saw somewhere online that one lady wrapped her neck in a few layers of clingfilm and drew on with a pen where panels would go, then cut it off along one of these lines, and made a pattern. obviously a bit dangerous using scissors along the neck but a possible method?
/emmy x

mrs. mole

Post by mrs. mole » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:29 pm

i've got a friend that does that to make patterns for corsets, clingfilm and gaffer tape, works a treat, but yeah, you gotta go carefully and use scissors with rounded ends.

Return to “Tutorials - Everything Else”