MAC Newbie!!!

LizSherman

MAC Newbie!!!

Post by LizSherman » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:50 pm

As some of you may know, I made the decision earlier this year to go 100% animal friendly.
I did this in phases, most to least important. First came household goods, then came hair products, then came body products, then sanitary items, and now to fully convert myself, I need to overhaul my make-up bag!
I'm good already, As most of my make-up is Barry M. But I've actually stopped wearing make-up on a day to day basis entirely ever since I made the switch as while Barry M is good for going out, it's a bit OMG SPARKLY for daily wear!
So, I'm looking to switch EVERYTHING over to M.A.C.
I'm completely new to M.A.C, and everything that goes with it, so I need advice from you lovely ladies about what I'll need as a basic toolkit to get me started. Daily, I would normally wear a concealer, a foundation, eyeshadow (white, tan, light brown and mid/dark brown), eyeliner (khol and liquid), blush, gloss, brow fixer and mascara.
So, teach me all you know! =D
Should I get pigments or shadows, do I need primers, what sort do I need, which lines are most fun for going out, etc etc.
Any help is very much appreciated! =D

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Re: MAC Newbie!!!

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:58 pm

Halocaustic made a great post here regarding the kinds of MAC basics you'll need. worth a look. it'll also be worth your while just going up to the MAC counter and asking. they're usually very good with getting you what you're looking for.

sorry im not being more specific but without knowing what colours you're looking for and there's soooooo many different ranges etc it's hard!
"I have had many troubles, most of which never happened." - Mark Twain
"Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

In the ranks of the Indecisive Army..

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:15 pm

just want to ask a quick question
which eyeshadow has a better outcome?
the pigments or these ones?
http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/templates ... =PROD66120

sorri for posting in your thread! just thats there quite a few mac threads now :P
maybe we could make a sticky thread for all mac questions as it's quite popular! lol
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:20 am

Miss_Panda, both the eyeshadows & pigments are great. it depends what you're looking to use really.
the pigments, obviously are a dust. they are a more intense colour (hence 'pigment') than the eyeshadows, & they last longer. I'd also say they are better for blending.
but there is a wider colour range available in the eyeshadows & I find they are more opaque when applied.
both last fantastically well on the lids, though I'd recommend using a primer to ensure they stay put even longer !
I wish that time would stand still,
if this was part of a film
we would watch the clip all day,
like a portrait of you and I...

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:05 pm

oki then ^^
thanks for the help
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:46 am

LizSherman wrote:As some of you may know, I made the decision earlier this year to go 100% animal friendly.
I did this in phases, most to least important. First came household goods, then came hair products, then came body products, then sanitary items, and now to fully convert myself, I need to overhaul my make-up bag!
I'm good already, As most of my make-up is Barry M. But I've actually stopped wearing make-up on a day to day basis entirely ever since I made the switch as while Barry M is good for going out, it's a bit OMG SPARKLY for daily wear!
I'm completely new to M.A.C, and everything that goes with it, so I need advice from you lovely ladies about what I'll need as a basic toolkit to get me started. Daily, I would normally wear a concealer, a foundation, eyeshadow (white, tan, light brown and mid/dark brown), eyeliner (khol and liquid), blush, gloss, brow fixer and mascara.
Should I get pigments or shadows, do I need primers, what sort do I need, which lines are most fun for going out, etc etc.
out of intrest (sorry to hijack) but what house hold cleaning products did you switch to,. or do you make your own---vinegar, lemon juice??
I bent my wookie!!

LizSherman

Post by LizSherman » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:31 pm

Acorn wrote:
LizSherman wrote:As some of you may know, I made the decision earlier this year to go 100% animal friendly.
out of intrest (sorry to hijack) but what house hold cleaning products did you switch to,. or do you make your own---vinegar, lemon juice??
Hehee, no worries! I either make my own, or buy from Marks n' Spencers! All their products are BUAV approved, and often the packaging is fully recylable too! =D

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”