eyeliner pens, pencil and liquid

Miss_Panda

eyeliner pens, pencil and liquid

Post by Miss_Panda » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:46 pm

which one do you prefere using? and has any one used a eyeliner pen before and tell me if there better than liquid eyeliner? cause all the liquid eyeliners i've used such as rimmel, stargazer, n07 seem to crack, smudge and flake off -_- so was wondering if the pen would be a better option, which one would you suggest me using?
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

LittlePinkFaery

Re: eyeliner pens, pencil and liquid

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:12 pm

I like collection 2000 liquid liner- cheap and does a good job!

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:28 pm

I agree with the Collection 2000 one. Although I'd prefer it a bit more matte but that's a minor niggle really!!

I've used the Bourjois eyeliner pen and the 17 one. It's like a fine felt tip and it is much much easier than using liquid eyeliner but I found it to be a 'stepping stone' to liquid. They seem to dry up quite quickly and never seem as black as liquid but I'd say they're definitely worth trying! The Bourjois one was better than the 17 one but if you just wanna give it a try I'd get the 17 one since it's cheaper.
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

Gorey

Post by Gorey » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:11 am

i use prestige liquid eyeliner, i quite like it, goes on so nice and dark, and its the only thing i can wear on my top eye lid that wont smudge away. My waterline is what i cant seem to find a good eyeliner for :(
formaly known as GoreyGlamour
known as GoreyFashionFaggot on vf.com
known as Sushi. on Specktra.net

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:57 pm

I use MAC's fluidlines pretty much exclusively for eyeliner. They go on easy (with a brush) and don't smudge or come off at all until I take them off with makeup remover. They've lasted through rain and long nights of sweaty dancing. Until I found them I was comepletly hopeless with eyeliner.
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:00 pm

Gorey wrote:i use prestige liquid eyeliner, i quite like it, goes on so nice and dark, and its the only thing i can wear on my top eye lid that wont smudge away. My waterline is what i cant seem to find a good eyeliner for :(
i'll have a look for there brand cause i need one that goes on atcually black and not like a faded black -_- lol
CherryLex wrote:I use MAC's fluidlines pretty much exclusively for eyeliner. They go on easy (with a brush) and don't smudge or come off at all until I take them off with makeup remover. They've lasted through rain and long nights of sweaty dancing. Until I found them I was comepletly hopeless with eyeliner.
i'll have to check out some were that sells mac, cause we don't have a mac counter were we live :( any good websites you know that sell the real stuff and not the fake mac?

<<Miss_Sami>>

Post by <<Miss_Sami>> » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:15 pm

littlepinkfaery wrote:I like collection 2000 liquid liner- cheap and does a good job!
This
Plus they do it in a waterproof version, which stays on quite well if you have funny eyes!
CherryLex wrote:I use MAC's fluidlines pretty much exclusively for eyeliner
And this.
Although Avon do a version in black called Daring Definition Gel Liner, and it's only about £4? (where as MAC is £11)
I've found the Avon one to have good staying power, especially for the price.

EDIT: I dont think Avon do it anymore! :(
Sam-I-Am || Flickr || Tumblr

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:46 pm

Miss_Panda wrote:
i'll have to check out some were that sells mac, cause we don't have a mac counter were we live :( any good websites you know that sell the real stuff and not the fake mac?
The only place I would reccomend is maccosmetics.com.
I've tried some copes of the fluidline by some mineral companies as well as a few of the drugstore brands and none of them have the same staying power or are as smudgeproof as MAC.
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:13 pm

ah thanks for that will check it out ^^

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:46 pm

I use cheap eyeliner pencils and then go over them with black Kryolan pressed powder eyeshadow. It prevents smudging and it looks a lot darker and more vibrant that way. The pressed powder is actually black with silver glitter, but the glitter never shows up and it always comes out solid black.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

CJB

Post by CJB » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:06 am

I've got so fed up buying and discarding liquid eyeliners, I know just use a small damp brush dipped into my mascara wand and use that, lasts for ages, doesn't flake. :D

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:21 pm

I use L'Oreal's superliner, although I would like to find a non-animal tested one as I feel guilty everytime I use it. It is by far the best liquid liner I have tried though. I tried a pen one and hated it. Really hard to use.
telling it like it is!

V15U4L 3RR0R

Post by V15U4L 3RR0R » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:05 pm

Barry M intense black Eyeliner is the bomb. I'm never going to use anything else ever again. It goes on so black and it doesn't budge all day. It's damn good stuff and not very much money either.

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:28 pm

yeai was thinking about the barry M brand..but dunno how long it would last me cause i use black eyeliner all the time so was looking for something that would last longer :P
might try the mac fluid line

cybernetikdreams

Post by cybernetikdreams » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:15 pm

CherryLex wrote:I use MAC's fluidlines pretty much exclusively for eyeliner. They go on easy (with a brush) and don't smudge or come off at all until I take them off with makeup remover. They've lasted through rain and long nights of sweaty dancing. Until I found them I was comepletly hopeless with eyeliner.
Agreed! I live by the stuff. It has amazing staying power and nothing seems to come close to me. Before I found it my eyeliner would look nice when I first put it on but then hours later I looked like I had two huge black eyes! :shock: It is definately worth the money which makes me think I need to go to the MAC counter to get some more I am running low!
Honestly I should be working...

dead_vamp

Post by dead_vamp » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:15 pm

Miss Panda i know some debenhams have a mac counter and the avon stuff is really good, i can sent you one if you wish, if i can find it that is or i can try n order you one when i send my next order in 2 weeks.

Bijou_Venus

Post by Bijou_Venus » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:17 am

I've started using Kryolan aquacolour with a dab of water and a fine brush - i find it much easier to use and stays just as well. I will eventually get the Ben Nye sealer for water based liner to give it extra staying power.

I tested the Gosh liners on the back of my hand and they seem practically indestructible - so i think i will probably keep buying the aquacolours as they are fantastic value for money, but use some of the brightly coloured gosh ones, and they are quite a sort of vinyl finish rather than the matte of the aquacolour.

~*Zombie Candycane~*

Post by ~*Zombie Candycane~* » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:58 pm

littlepinkfaery wrote:I like collection 2000 liquid liner- cheap and does a good job!

I second that wholeheartedly! ive used MILLIONS of eyeliners in my time and once id found collection 2000 liquid liner ive never looked back! since i use tonnes of it i thought it would run out quick with it being such a tiny bottle... but it lasts me about 4months and i use LOTS everyday!
**Zombie <^/._.\^> Kitty**

http://twitter.com/JayJayCuppycake

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:23 pm

Bijou_Venus wrote:I've started using Kryolan aquacolour with a dab of water and a fine brush - i find it much easier to use and stays just as well. I will eventually get the Ben Nye sealer for water based liner to give it extra staying power.

I tested the Gosh liners on the back of my hand and they seem practically indestructible - so i think i will probably keep buying the aquacolours as they are fantastic value for money, but use some of the brightly coloured gosh ones, and they are quite a sort of vinyl finish rather than the matte of the aquacolour.
i use kryolan aqua colour now and it's oki for a lil while then goes all smudged and looks awful -_-
i need a eyeliner that'll last all day lol
dead_vamp wrote:Miss Panda i know some debenhams have a mac counter and the avon stuff is really good, i can sent you one if you wish, if i can find it that is or i can try n order you one when i send my next order in 2 weeks.
thanks hun ^^
~*Zombie Candycane~* wrote:

I second that wholeheartedly! ive used MILLIONS of eyeliners in my time and once id found collection 2000 liquid liner ive never looked back! since i use tonnes of it i thought it would run out quick with it being such a tiny bottle... but it lasts me about 4months and i use LOTS everyday!
im tempted to use collection 2000 lol i no that there lipglosses are good ^^

faticeira

Post by faticeira » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:26 pm

I love the L'Oreal superliner, can never use another... hope they keep making it.

Bijou_Venus

Post by Bijou_Venus » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:04 pm

Miss_Panda wrote:
Bijou_Venus wrote:I've started using Kryolan aquacolour with a dab of water and a fine brush - i find it much easier to use and stays just as well. I will eventually get the Ben Nye sealer for water based liner to give it extra staying power.

i use kryolan aqua colour now and it's oki for a lil while then goes all smudged and looks awful -_-
i need a eyeliner that'll last all day lol
Wow, i'm surprised about that! What do you do with it?! It stays really well on me - doesn't smudge at all.

As i say, you could try the Ben Nye sealer for extra staying power.

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:38 pm

i use a small thin brush add a small amount of water and it goes on fine, then through the day it just smudges :/ like at the corners of my eyes no idea why either cause i never touch my eyes after i've put eyeliner on lol i've tryed a primer and powder to see if they made it stay n better but it made no diference :(

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”