Lush lovers unite

MissAnthropik

Re: Lush lovers unite

Post by MissAnthropik » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:58 am

I have irridescent glitterbug too, I forgot about that, it's great!

I also have american cream solid perfume, which is yummy.

Madii, good tip about the shower water. I shall have to try that.

Also, I am a crazy cataloguer (I even have an excel file for things I sell on ebay, works out postage and keeps track of how much money I have made and things, I am sad!) so I would love a copy of your soap cataloguer, could you email it (miss.anthropik@gmail.com) or link me to it online?

As for soaps, my favourite, although i don't have any at the moment is "I should coco"

My husband uses the anti-dandruff shampoo bar, i forget the name, the one that smells like tar, and he uses ambrosia shaving stuff which has pretty much eliminated the shaving rash he used to have.

I don't think Nottingham were offering the moisturisers on the free with £20 purchase offer. I am going in at the weekend though to get my friend a present so if they are I will treat myself to a few more bits too and get a free moisturiser. i currently use gorgeous and love it, but it is a bit expensive, so would like to find a different one that I like as much for less money
telling it like it is!

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:10 pm

I adore their Rock Star soap but I'm a sucker for things which smell sugary and sweet.

I've been wondering about Lush's cleansers in comparision to normal cleansers. Do you find them better or not?

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:16 pm

I wouldn't mind having that list as well Madii if you don't mind? I can take it with me when I go then for future reference for online orders / presents for me from other people :P I can't seem to find it on that link you posted, maybe I'm just being thick :D
Kanadeta senritsusae, Mou todokanai yumeno ato
Facebook

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:32 pm

Phoenix wrote:I've been wondering about Lush's cleansers in comparision to normal cleansers. Do you find them better or not?
Cleansers for washing or for removing make-up?

I find their cleansers for washing (I currently use herbalism) to be far superior to anything I have ever used before, and cheaper than most main stream brands, and less packaging, and not tesred on animals etc Basically I would use them even if they weren't as good for all those reasons, but since they are it's all a bonus!

As make-up removers, you can't necessarily use the one you wash with as a make-up remover. Herbalism would really get in your eyes if you tried to take your make-up off with it! I use ultrabland as a make-up remover. It takes a bit of getting used to as it isn't really like using somehting out of a bottle. I think it is worth getting used to as it is as good as anything out of a bottle, and then there are all those other reasons as before! But you do need to get used to it. You rub it all over your skin, and then use somehting to wipe it and your make up remnants off. I use a hot muslin cloth, but you can use cotton wool if you prefer.

If you talk to the assistants they will help you choose one that is suitable for your skin type and needs. They will show you how to use it as well
telling it like it is!

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:25 pm

I find Babyface to be AMAZING for removing eyemakeup. And I use Herbalism to wash my face with, Fresh Farmacy occasionally. Both of them are great for oily skin. I actually find the Fresh Farmacy does slightly too good a job of that at times and my skin feels kinda tight and dry afterwards.
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

~*Zombie Candycane~*

Post by ~*Zombie Candycane~* » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:21 am

CancerHybrid wrote:i so want to try lush, i just have to wait till i have some extra pocket money
has anyone tried the wiccy magic muscles massage bar? because my boy hates when i use bengay on my achey spots
i am also interested in the squeaky green shampoo bar, glitter bug bar and the candy fluff dusting powder

Ive got it! i like it to me it smells nice :D.

And it works! its got a little heat to it and it helps you relax :D id try it :D

Also really do try candy fluff its one of my faves always makes me feel happy after a long day!
**Zombie <^/._.\^> Kitty**

http://twitter.com/JayJayCuppycake

CancerHybrid

Post by CancerHybrid » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:43 pm

thanks ~*Zombie Candycane~*!!!!!!!!!
*Manda*

neonpixie

Post by neonpixie » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:33 pm

I keep the Potion and Honey I washed the kids soild perufumes with me all the time- Potion is a great pick me up, Honey is really calming and mixing them up is lovely!
Oscail mo shúile, Nìos mò, Èist è sin, Ar an tsáile snámha, Fol lol the doh fol the day...

MistressH

Post by MistressH » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:25 pm

i heart lush!

today i have used....

skin nanny as i thought it would be sunny but then it wasnt!

i regularly use

soakn float shampoo
veganese conditioner :mrgreen:
babyface
breath of fresh air
skin nanny or skin drink
afterlife or cosmetic lad
rock star soap
ceridwens cauldron
minty foot cream stuff
fever solid perfume
whipstick or lip service balms
greench powder deo
ocean salt
you snap the whip
coalface
aquamirabliss
countless bath bombs

i have also used aromaco but i had a reaction to it, the only thing in mylife i have had a reaction too apart from a certain brandof clingfilm!

i DONT like

prince shaving cream
the emotibombs

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:53 pm

I went in today to get my friend a birthday pressie - got her the "Wild Child" gift box, and a new bottle of ambrosia shaving stuff for the hubby. Thought I would try one of the new moisturisers as I was spending over £20, but they didn't have any left :( In fact they had hardly any of the new things left, no moisturisers, shower gels or emotibombs, and only a few of the other things.

I got the godmother soap instead, which does smell yummy so it's not all bad!

Porridge soap smells good too, but i have a stack of soaps waiting to be used so I couldn't get that as well really. I think we are good for soap for at least a year :lol:
telling it like it is!

MistressH

Post by MistressH » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:48 am

MissAnthropik would you like to be my sale buddy?

i NEED to get there on boxing day when it opens to try and get one of those Lush Legends boxes for free they are over £100 normally!)

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:10 am

i like lush stuff but i find i never have enough money for what i want :( so far the only ones i regularly use are:

ultra bland
tea tree water
eau roma (although i tend to just use this when i run out of tee tree water)
celestial

in the past i've also used a few massage bars and the shampoo bar that's blue and has sea weed in it. i tend to get my non-staple items through friends as presents
"I have had many troubles, most of which never happened." - Mark Twain
"Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

In the ranks of the Indecisive Army..

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:46 pm

I'll take them madii :D how much would you like?
Facebook

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:50 pm

So now that I've splurged in lush I have the following;

blackberry bomb
tea tree water
toner tabs(some of each one)
silky underwear dusting powder
coalface cleanser
fresh farmacy
herbalism sample(why oh why couldn't it be in stock!)
2 pots of vanishing cream
enzymion

my husband really wanted the sweetie pie shower jelly but changed his mind when he saw the price :roll: silly man :lol:
Facebook

starlight

Post by starlight » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:12 pm

Madii wrote:Has anyone here actually used the shower jellies to wash? They seem like such a peculiar idea, not to mention cold! Oh, and I have PM'd you Azaezl.
I just tear off a small chunk of jelly and squash it into one of those shower puff things ^_^ it's kinda slippery otherwise, and you'd end up wasting it I reckon.. the big calm smells lovely, i recommend that one!

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:19 pm

MistressH wrote:MissAnthropik would you like to be my sale buddy?

i NEED to get there on boxing day when it opens to try and get one of those Lush Legends boxes for free they are over £100 normally!)
I would love to be your sale buddy! I didn't know about that boxing day thing, do they do that every boxing day? That's amazing. I am never at home on boxing day though :( We are always either at my mum and dad's or at my mother-in-law's. This year I think we are actually going to be properly away anyway though
telling it like it is!

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:19 pm

Madii wrote:Has anyone here actually used the shower jellies to wash? They seem like such a peculiar idea, not to mention cold! Oh, and I have PM'd you Azaezl.
I bought one for my husband and I think he liked it but found it a bit of a pain to use, and lost quite a bit of it down the plug hole :(
telling it like it is!

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:14 am

Does anyone here use Fresh Farmacy? I want to know what the layer of hard stuff is along one edge? It isn't getting used up with the soap and I was wondering if I could use it for something....seems like a kind of hard wax.
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

kezerb

Post by kezerb » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:54 pm

Does anyone know how I can locate a store? I've been on the site but to no avail :(

starlight

Post by starlight » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:39 pm

it's under 'lush life' on the site

http://lush.co.uk/LushLife/Stores.aspx

:)

kezerb

Post by kezerb » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:05 am

Woo Brum or Telford! Takes me ages to get there though :(
The boys just got back from Cheltnam and if I was still in Highschool I could go to Merry Hill :cry:

downinahole

Post by downinahole » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:50 pm

Just used the english countryside bath bomb and i hugly recommend it to you all! x

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:37 am

Am I the only one who thinks coalface smells fantastic? My husband nearly puked when he smelled it and he loves liquorice which is what i think it smells of. I also adore the enzymion cream, it smells soooo fruity a real lemon zingyness to it, gotta say after all the good things I've heard about the vanishing cream I haven't found it to be very good. My skin still looked very oily with it on but when I put the enzymion cream on my skin looks matte or only slightly oily, guess it's just my skin and what it likes / doesn't like :lol:
Facebook

starlight

Post by starlight » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:31 pm

I'm gonna try enzymion next.. I have 1/3 of a pot of imperialis left, and nearly a full pot of vanishing cream to get through first though! haha.. I love citrus smelling things.. happy soap smells lovely, but I find it hard to get it to lather properly

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:55 am

has anyone smelt/got their soap 'Spice Curls' ? it is GORGEOUS !
I wish that time would stand still,
if this was part of a film
we would watch the clip all day,
like a portrait of you and I...

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”