Lush lovers unite

MistressH

Re: Lush lovers unite

Post by MistressH » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:34 am

MissAnthropik wrote:
Madii wrote:Has anyone here actually used the shower jellies to wash? They seem like such a peculiar idea, not to mention cold! Oh, and I have PM'd you Azaezl.
I bought one for my husband and I think he liked it but found it a bit of a pain to use, and lost quite a bit of it down the plug hole :(
my husband hated it too, said it was like blood clots :shock:

MistressH

Post by MistressH » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:35 am

coalface is yummy

spice curls is vile! reminds me of something alcoholic!

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:22 pm

really ? I love the smell, especially the cinnamon ! I was practically dribbling over the slab when I smelt it
I wish that time would stand still,
if this was part of a film
we would watch the clip all day,
like a portrait of you and I...

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:28 pm

I really want to try the Okra shampoo and conditioner and one of the buttercreams. Regular soap and bodywash makes my skin really itchy...buttercream for my skin sounds nice!

The shipping to here is killer though and is a big reason why I really can't buy much from them. But they make up for it with free samples! I love free samples, lol! I'm going to Boston soon and there is a Lush store there, I'm saving up a whole bunch of money so that I can go on a mini-spree there. It will be my first time in a Lush shop and not buying it from online.
Last edited by Mischief on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:33 pm

iamtheparty wrote:Does anyone here use Fresh Farmacy? I want to know what the layer of hard stuff is along one edge? It isn't getting used up with the soap and I was wondering if I could use it for something....seems like a kind of hard wax.
I use Fresh Farmacy and I don't have a hard layer of anything on mine. The whole thing is just the cleanser. Though, I'm almost out of it and I forget what it looked like when I first got it.

supervixxen

Post by supervixxen » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:02 pm

~Azaezl~ wrote:Am I the only one who thinks coalface smells fantastic? My husband nearly puked when he smelled it and he loves liquorice which is what i think it smells of.
I lovelovelove how Coalface smells. It makes me sad that I can't use it every time I shower, but if I do my skin will dry out pretty badly. ;_;

Breath of Fresh Air toner is a new favourite of mine...I wash with Coalface, tone with BFA, then moisturize.

Oh, and I'm a complete Potion lotion addict. Since it comes and goes in the shops, I have two bottles in the back of my fridge as my "emergency stash" :oops:

- supervixxen

punicorn

Post by punicorn » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:21 am

I want to try washing my (real) dreads with lush (hand)soap (or a shampoo bar).
Does anyone have any experience with this? Or even used it to wash hair with extensions in, when you took the extensions out, was there residue left?
Preferably nothing with conditioner in it, even soap that has left your hair dry-ish would work well for my hair. Anyone have any suggestions?
I know I should just go in and ask for samples, but I'd like to have an idea of what not to get.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:55 am

Oooh, lush is the best!!!

I don't however, own anywhere near as much as you guys. most of the stuff i get lasts for one bath. however i have stuff that i stick to:

Rockstar soap - awesomely awesome
honey i washed the kids - for my little boy, but last time i got it i think he'd used it all within about a week!!!
Karma soap, infact he whole karma range!
the lemon exfoliater one
razorantium

i love the bath bombs - i like to try different one all the time, but my faves are always packed with glitter - drives my other half crazy!!!

i got a soap recently - called godmother & it lives in my kitchen, cos the label said that 80% of us wash our hands with washing up liquid & to use godmother instead. so that's where she lives!

Oooh, & whenever christmas in upon us the selld an awesome one, i htink it's called tutti frutti or something - i wanna but the whole thing - it's bright pink with moons, stars & glitter in it!!! :mrgreen:
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:12 pm

has anyone got/tried the Yummy Yummy Yummy shower gel ? I am ever so tempted, it sounds lovely !
I really want to get some Vanilla Fountains too. mmm.

& everyone should support the Sea Shepherds by buying a £2.50 Shark's Fin Soap. they do amazing work :) (plus the soap smells so lovely)

starlight

Post by starlight » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:34 pm

I'm tempted to try yummy, yummy, yummy too..

they've stopped doing happy soap :( :( :( i managed to get some by buying the stack with karma and honey I washed the kids though :D

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:11 am

screw it, I'm going to get it. :p I'll let you know

KamiKowaku

Post by KamiKowaku » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:13 pm

i love lush product... but after working in there they loose theyr shine heh I LOVE MY JOB lol
KamiKowaku- Taking custom orders for extensions and falls.

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:19 am

my friend works in Lush & he always smells so lovely ! bit of a bint though, he always gets me to spend stupid amounts of money in there. :roll:

& as I thought, Yummy Yummy Yummy is gorgeous !

KamiKowaku

Post by KamiKowaku » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:01 pm

Madii wrote:
KamiKowaku wrote:i love lush product... but after working in there they loose theyr shine heh I LOVE MY JOB lol
What what whaaat? Didn't they get voted one of the top 100 best companies to work for or something? If you wanna trade I will have your job gladly! Smelling of Lush all day. Ahhhh.
wasnt saying i didnt like it. just after doing a 8 hour shift you just come home like "if i see one more bar of soap today ill scream" but im in love with it by the next day haha.
Last edited by KamiKowaku on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KamiKowaku- Taking custom orders for extensions and falls.

KamiKowaku

Post by KamiKowaku » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:03 pm

starlight wrote:I'm tempted to try yummy, yummy, yummy too..

they've stopped doing happy soap :( :( :( i managed to get some by buying the stack with karma and honey I washed the kids though :D
our shop still does happy soap ?

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:07 pm

Madii wrote:On a side note, Ross Noble's Fairy Jasmine Story is Lush-related and hilarious.

Haha I LOVE that man.
Are you going to see him on his spring tour??

Oh yeah, what's this about a free £100 gift box from Lush?! Sounds too good to be true!

I will list my very small Lush collection (I don't have the cash and mostly buy stuff for presents) but I have got a long list of essentials to buy when my student loan comes in!
"Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

starlight

Post by starlight » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:37 pm

KamiKowaku wrote:
starlight wrote:I'm tempted to try yummy, yummy, yummy too..

our shop still does happy soap ?
I asked them in covent garden when they had none on display, and she said they weren't doing it any more... I suspect once your one gets through the current batch it won't be back.. hopefully I misunderstood and they were just out of stock??

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:50 pm

Has anyone here ever tried the temple balms? What did you think of them?
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

Bettedaviseyes

Post by Bettedaviseyes » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:03 am

My cousin brought home the Breath of Fresh Air toner, I never use toner but this one smelled nice so I tried it and it's changed my whole skin routine, I used to use Dermalogica anti-bac cleanser am/pm and now I use Dermalogica pm and am I splash with H2o and use BFA and my skin is awesome! never been to a store but I'm going to Boston next month to see Jason Mraz and am planning on going to Lush and MAC

Pixie_Junk

Post by Pixie_Junk » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:49 am

iamtheparty wrote:Has anyone here ever tried the temple balms? What did you think of them?
I really like them =) Never use them on my temples though....

I tend to use them just on my neck/wrists as perfume when I don't want to waste my actual perfume day-to-day.

I have 'flying fox' [like the shower gel] which is quite sweet and sexy smelling, and 'woosh' [like the shower jelly] which is lovely and refreshing ^^

The scents stay for ages so you don't need much.
Thrillseeker, heartbreaker, shapeshifter

www.myspace.com/programmed_to_derail

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:29 pm

I bought the Whoosh one today :) It smells gorgeous, I'll have to check out the shower jelly when my Sweetie Pie runs out.

I also bought today:

Herbalism
Breath of Fresh Air toner (Oh my God, it smells like Gin & Tonic!!)
Shark Fin soap
Love Lettuce

and I got a free sample of the Therapy massage bar and H'suan Wen Hua conditioner :)
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

MistressH

Post by MistressH » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:34 am

does everyone with kids like the new ickly angel and devil bathbombs? we have one ickle baby baff left and my son is too sad to use it (he cried when i said no more IBB)

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:53 pm

I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed with the 'Vanishing Cream' as people on here really convinced me it would work on oil control.
yes, it has made my skin SO soft & shrunk my blackheads on my nose slightly, but I still get pretty oily :(

Pixie_Junk

Post by Pixie_Junk » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:50 pm

candycovered wrote:I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed with the 'Vanishing Cream' as people on here really convinced me it would work on oil control.
yes, it has made my skin SO soft & shrunk my blackheads on my nose slightly, but I still get pretty oily :(
Give it time doll. it took about a week and a half - two weeks on mine. & I've really noticed a difference now that I'm not using it [due to lack of funds].
Thrillseeker, heartbreaker, shapeshifter

www.myspace.com/programmed_to_derail

CancerHybrid

Post by CancerHybrid » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:32 pm

oh i have another question for all you lush lovers
my bf has scalp problems (major dryness and itching, a little dandruff from all the scratching) and psoriasis
he has tried different medicated shampoos and oil treatments which havent done a whole lot to help so i thought of giving the soak and float solid shampoo bar a try
does anyone have any experience with this item or know anyone who has used it? does it work? is it worth giving it a whirl?
thanks in advance
*Manda*

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”