Lush lovers unite

fustmuffin

Re: Lush lovers unite

Post by fustmuffin » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:56 pm

I used to use fresh farmacy in my teens and found it really dried out my skin so I stopped. I just went out and bought some more today along with some tea tree water and a good moisturiser.
I hope it works better this time as I would like to get into using more lush products ( i currently only use their bath products) fingers crossed!

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:59 pm

fustmuffin wrote:I used to use fresh farmacy in my teens and found it really dried out my skin so I stopped. I just went out and bought some more today along with some tea tree water and a good moisturiser.
I hope it works better this time as I would like to get into using more lush products ( i currently only use their bath products) fingers crossed!
If fresh farmacy doesn't work for you I really would recommend trying herbalism. I know it's a bit weird looking, and it is a bit strange washing your face with a weird green gunge (which my mum thought looked like something out of needful things by stephen king, I think she was thinking of the necklace thing, but it's ages since I read it) but it really is very good, and not at all drying. For me it works far better than fresh farmacy, and I love that really earthy, herby, fresh smell
telling it like it is!

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:32 pm

I would use it if it worked without fading colour, but at some point I am going to henna my hair and then I will use lush's henna shampoo
telling it like it is!

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:25 pm

I would be such a plan, especially as a reasonable percentage of us working at Lush have coloured hair & stuffs.
The dusting powders are actually pretty good as dry shampoos though, obviously they aren't amazing on the grease, but they do make some difference.
I wish that time would stand still,
if this was part of a film
we would watch the clip all day,
like a portrait of you and I...

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:20 pm

I actually prefer my Candy Fluff powder to normal dry shampoo. I find it clears up the grease but it brushes out more easily. Batiste tends to stick in my hair and make it look dull.
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

bingeandpurge

Post by bingeandpurge » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:24 pm

I finally popped my Lush cherry! After hearing so many rave reviews and lamenting the fact that I don't have a Lush store near me, you can imagine my excitement when I walked past one when I was in Las Vegas this weekend for a wedding!
I didn't have very much money so I only bought two things: a Waving not Drowning bath bomb, and a Witches' Ball bubble bar. I haven't used them yet, and I almost don't want to because they're so pretty!
I know with the bath bombs you just chuck the whole thing in, but do you have to use the entire bubble bars? I guess what I'm asking is, would half the bar or so provide sufficient bubbles or would I really need the whole thing for the full experience?
There are no rules anywhere. The Goddess prevails.
Hail Eris!

http://bingeandpurge.deviantart.com

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:15 am

binge&purge: you only need to use about 1/3 - 1/2 yes :) & I'd use up your witches ball & see if you like it, as they're being discontinued soon!

iamtheparty: I agree with what you say about Batiste giving the hair a dull look. I need to get some Candy Fluff powder, I am so bored with the smell of Silky Underwear.. it's far too subtle.. plus I don't like Jasmine AT ALL! Blergh

Hollie

Post by Hollie » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:14 am

Ive got an interview there on saturday!
Because its halloween we can dress up if we want lol!
I dont think i fancy getting the bus and walking around the shopping centre on my own dressed up though LOL

but EXCITED EXCITED EXCITED *fingers crossed*
Fake hair, piercings and fries with that?

cyberwench

Post by cyberwench » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:44 pm

Well I was a Lush virgin until Saturday, when I decided to get some stuff for my skin after hearing such rave reviews on here, as I have a lot of blackheads and I'm prone to spots.

I bought fresh farmacy, herbalism, and tea tree water. I've tried the herbalism but I'm going to stick with the fresh farmacy for a couple of weeks to see how I get on.

I've been using it morning and night with the tea tree water and my normal moisturiser (just some cheap Asda brand but I quite like it!). I don't know if this is too much, or if I should only use it in the mornings.

So far, my skin is feeling nicer, really tight but soft and not too dry. I have had a major breakout of spots but I'm putting that down to the new products actually clearing out my skin, so hopefully they'll clear up soon. After a few weeks of the fresh farmacy, I'll go onto the herbalism for a few weeks and see how that compares.

The tea tree water is lovely, my only previous experience with toners have been really harsh astringent alcohol-based ones, but this is so mild and nice. Plus it smells of gin and tonic!

Heiaken

Post by Heiaken » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:15 pm

I'm a total Lush newbie, but I'd like to try their deodorant so what would you recomend?

fustmuffin

Post by fustmuffin » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:01 am

MissAnthropik wrote:
fustmuffin wrote:I used to use fresh farmacy in my teens and found it really dried out my skin so I stopped. I just went out and bought some more today along with some tea tree water and a good moisturiser.
If fresh farmacy doesn't work for you I really would recommend trying herbalism. I know it's a bit weird looking, and it is a bit strange washing your face with a weird green gunge (which my mum thought looked like something out of needful things by stephen king, I think she was thinking of the necklace thing, but it's ages since I read it) but it really is very good, and not at all drying. For me it works far better than fresh farmacy, and I love that really earthy, herby, fresh smell
I think it was the smell that put me off herbalism before, but if its good, I'm definitely willing to try it! I think I'm going to pick some up next time I'm there

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:54 pm

Heiaken wrote:I'm a total Lush newbie, but I'd like to try their deodorant so what would you recomend?
Aromaco for sure :)
telling it like it is!

Hollie

Post by Hollie » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:03 pm

Today I went shopping with my birthday moneys and i got :

-snow showers, solid perfume
-Lip service, lip balm
-candy fluff, body powder
-tea tree water, toner
-Baby face, cleanser
-Jungle, solid conditioner
and got my mum Honey i washed the kids, soap too.

oooh and i got a free sample of Rock Star soap :)

What other stuff do people like ? :)

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:58 pm

so, how long does a lush soap last? Random question I know, and I use their soaps all the time, but have never really thought about it, so you probably haven't either.

Thing is my "rockstar" is coming to an end, and I have a christmas one and some godiva (I think that's what it's called) and I obviously want the christmas one for christmas. If I start it now will it still be around at xmas, or will it be finished?

There's 2 of us, and we only use it for washing hands
telling it like it is!

fustmuffin

Post by fustmuffin » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:11 am

I think it depends on the soap.... I find that 'honey I washed the kids' lasts longer than 'rock star' and 'snowcake' doesn't last very long at all! (but that could be down to the fact that its my favourite and so I use it more!)
What I tend to do to make it last a bit longer is, buy a big bar and then cut it into smaller bars. I don't know if that actually works, but it definitely feels like it lasts longer

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:22 am

I wondered about cutting it in half, and using half the non-xmas one, then switching to the xmas one nearer the time, but I hate small soaps, and it seems you would get twice the amount of small soap if you cut it in half. Maybe I will just start the non-xmas one as it isn't xmas yet, and if the other one hasn't run out then I can maybe just put it away near xmas and swap over
telling it like it is!

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:37 pm

I think the Christmas Cake would last a while seeing as it's a harder soap, & we have to sell it in big pieces. It depends on the size & firmness really.

°«Belle»°

Post by °«Belle»° » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:48 pm

I went into Lush today with the excuse that I needed to buy some soap for my mum for her birthday (everyone looks at me with a puzzled expression when I say I'm buying soap for her birthday pressie!) I couldn't decide which one to get so ended up buying; Porridge - this smells sooooo good! Miranda - really fruity and colourful and Lily Savon - because Lillies are her favourite flowers. My daughter took her pocket money and bought the twinkle bath bomb. I picked up some celestial moisturiser. I also got a sample of fresh farmacy and paradise regained moisturiser and because I spent over £15 I got a free witches bath bomb. Excellent! Celestial moisturiser is brilliant. I just used some after a little of the fresh farmacy and now I smell like I've rubbed vanilla haagen daaz on my face! Yumm :P
'Because I'm way more HARDCORE!'
Mummy to Kodi Michelle Autumn and Erin Rose

Hollie

Post by Hollie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:41 pm

I HAVE A CHRISTMAS JOB IN LUSH!!

Went to an interview yesterday,and they gave it to me straight away :) yay!!!

Hollie

Post by Hollie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:58 pm

I gave a CV, and they contacted me and arranged an interview. Then i think i must have done well at the interview because then i had a shop floor trial, and then they offered me it straight after, and i found out my hours today.

I am so supprised. I have been looking for a job for soooo long, and to finally get one. IN LUSH. oh em gee :) hahahah

Good luck with your search! Im sure you'll find something!

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:26 pm

Paul brought me "Helping Hands" hand cream and "Squeaky Green" Shampoo Bar [and a tin :P] I love the hand cream! It leaves me hands all pretty :D

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:08 pm

Madii wrote:
Hollie wrote:I gave a CV, and they contacted me and arranged an interview. Then i think i must have done well at the interview because then i had a shop floor trial, and then they offered me it straight after, and i found out my hours today.
That sounds a bit nerve-wracking, being put on the shop floor. What did you have to do?
It's really not! I have to say, if you're not an extroverted person with confidence who likes approaching people & chatting with strangers, the job isn't really for you.

You have to do lots of demos on & for people & find out lots about the customers & their lifestyle.
It's really fun, I love chatting to randoms :)

Hollie

Post by Hollie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:14 pm

its nerve racking when its your trial and your being watched yeah! haha

i disagree there. Im usually really shy, but if you try your best, i think you can overcome it and get used to it.
Worked for me

jennytree

Post by jennytree » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:14 am

Any tips for using Lemslip or Snow Shower with a shower puff? I tried last night and failed miserably :(
I can't get a bloody avatar to fit!

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:38 am

I wouldn't really think lemslip would work with a shower puff as it doesn't foam. I just cut mine into bar size pieces and use it like you would a soap
telling it like it is!

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”