No votes
Yeay ..but only on legs!!
43%

Total votes: 7

candycovered

Re: epilators >_<

Post by candycovered » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:15 am

Miss_Panda wrote:
iamtheparty wrote:Shaving just cuts the hair off at the skin level, epilating removes the entire hair. Hence the difference in the time it takes to grow back.
yea i did use a epilator lol and it started growing back 2 days later! when it says it shouldn't start until 4 weeks
same actually.. my hair's quite dark & thick & it was always visible after 2-3 days.
but I do have some patches on my legs now where no hair grows.. which is good I guess.
I wish that time would stand still,
if this was part of a film
we would watch the clip all day,
like a portrait of you and I...

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:33 pm

yea but it's annoying still lol they shouldn't write stuff like that if it's not true -_-
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

GirlFromTheAudience

Post by GirlFromTheAudience » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:32 pm

Epilators should have the same sort of regrowth as waxing - normally about 4 weeks, but you may see some growth in 2-3 for the first few times, or find hairs you missed. Depilators - creams like Nair and Veet - will last about as long as shaving (just in case folks are getting them mixed up).
I used an Epilator on my legs for a while. Worked great, especially on short hair. Didn't find the pain too bad at all, as long as you held the skin taught. It is a bit prickier around the knees and ankles.
I did try my arm pits and bikini line several times. I was never able to complete either it because it hurt so damn bad! So bad! Waxing or tweezing my girl bits hurts so much less...
-- Girl From The Audience --

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:01 pm

GirlFromTheAudience wrote: I did try my arm pits and bikini line several times. I was never able to complete either it because it hurt so damn bad! So bad! Waxing or tweezing my girl bits hurts so much less...
uggh im even squeamish about that, good old razor is about as much as i can handle, im such a chicken haha
I bent my wookie!!

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:41 pm

GirlFromTheAudience wrote:Epilators should have the same sort of regrowth as waxing - normally about 4 weeks, but you may see some growth in 2-3 for the first few times, or find hairs you missed. Depilators - creams like Nair and Veet - will last about as long as shaving (just in case folks are getting them mixed up).
I used an Epilator on my legs for a while. Worked great, especially on short hair. Didn't find the pain too bad at all, as long as you held the skin taught. It is a bit prickier around the knees and ankles.
I did try my arm pits and bikini line several times. I was never able to complete either it because it hurt so damn bad! So bad! Waxing or tweezing my girl bits hurts so much less...
blegh, I wouldn't use Nair or Veet, they test on animals :(

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:43 pm

candycovered wrote:
GirlFromTheAudience wrote:Epilators should have the same sort of regrowth as waxing - normally about 4 weeks, but you may see some growth in 2-3 for the first few times, or find hairs you missed. Depilators - creams like Nair and Veet - will last about as long as shaving (just in case folks are getting them mixed up).
blegh, I wouldn't use Nair or Veet, they test on animals :(
you could make your own, something like this http://www.simplyhairremoval.com/Make-Y ... g-Kit.html
I bent my wookie!!

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:31 am

oooh, thankies :)

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”