Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

User avatar
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:32 pm

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by Marine » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:51 pm

faticeira wrote:Any Pantene product.

I know a lot of people love this brand, however, when I have tried it which was several times, it only seems to work for me for 2 washes and condition, then it is just horrible and my hair gets all frizzy and in bad condition.
The same problem! My friend adores their shampoos & conditioners, i tried to use it a couple of times but my hair was awful! It was too dry but at the same time became dirty too fast :i2: definitely not my products.

User avatar
Posts: 4561
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:54 am
Location: Sydney AU

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by rivetlicker_ » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:18 am

Directions Neon Blue. Misleading colour and poor staying power. This dye is very purple. Even after putting it over blue it was still purple and it faded within 3 or 4 washes to reveal the blonde hair at my roots (looks like over-toned with violet blonde).

User avatar
Posts: 1584
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:34 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by tazzyface » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:59 pm

Directions - Flamingo Pink

Are you kidding me? This lasted THREE washes. I only used it because I ran out of my other dye (Fudge Pink Moon) half way and wanted something to at least match. My hair was a light yellow with no hint of ginger or orange and it was not that damaged either. First wash, it faded to suit Pink Moon perfectly (which is a highlighter pink sort of colour). Second wash, I had salmon coloured hair. Third wash, it was gone. What a waste! And normally I LOVE Directions.
More human than human

User avatar
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:34 am
Location: Kansas City, Missouri (USA)

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by brandalynn » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:13 pm

I just tried the Ion Intense colors that were recently released at Sally's. I used two colors, magenta and teal. The magenta came out very close to neon violet or cyclamen. The teal wasn't even close. My hair is an exact match to the swatch for sky blue. Both colors seriously failed. My hair has been colored for 2 weeks and the magenta has faded into a pinkish lavender. The blue isn't going anywhere. It hasn't faded or changed and water rinses clear. If the blue is the shade you want, I guess it would be a win. All in all, I am very disappointed in these products.

*edited to add* my hair was almost white before I put these colors on :|
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes" --- bumper sticker---

User avatar
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:42 am
Location: Space

Re: Hair Products *Bad Reviews*

Post by BeastThumper » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:05 pm

Garnier Fructis - Pure Clean 92% Biodegradable Shampoo & Conditioner

This was originaly my mom's purchase, but I had to resort to it when my Redken shampoo and conditioner ran out and I had no moneys for more for about a week. It was horrifically awful. It left my hair brittle, stiff, and overall super oily directly after the shower. I also got terrible dandruff for two weeks after I stopped using it. I couldn't comb my hair because it was so stiff and dry that I was ripping it out just trying to get my knots out. But at the same time it was oily and disgusting. The best way to describe my hair would be dry and oily. So I gave it another chance, and tried to shampoo my hair three times instead of my usual two (I hate oily hair, probably not very good for my hair but I like it very clean) and only condition it once. It got oilier and stiff as a plank. I'm guessing the 92% biodegradable stuff rotted in my hair, and the other 8% stuck to my scalp like gum. It took me about two weeks to get my hair back to normal with my usual shampoo. I'm all for the enviroment, but seriously, never again.
For lack of a better word, Squack.

Post Reply

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest