Make-up *Positive Reviews*

MissAnthropik

Re: Make-up *Positive Reviews*

Post by MissAnthropik » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:48 am

BNevertoobusytobebeautiful cream eyeshadows

I am not normally a fan of cream eyeshadow as the ones I have tried previously have smudged my liquid liner and creased after a small time of wearing. I was hesitant to try BNever's cream shadows (despite liking their powder shadows), but was shown how to use them in one of the stores and so bought one to try. You can apply them like a liner or all over your lid, you can blend them in with your fingers, and they dry dry! And they don't crease! You can also add glitter and things on top of them while they are still damp before they dry.

The one I bought as a trial was Baxter a deep teal. I was very impressed with the intensity of the colour and the staying power. I decided as they are soon to cease trading to treat myself and buy "Ding Dong" which is a tub of 21 of the cream eyeshadows in half size. It is £49.50 (plus postage, ouch!) so I thought long and hard before purchasing, but I think they are normally 13.50GBP in full size, so it is a fair saving, even if you take into account the one or 2 in there that you will probably never wear (let's be honest, we don't all wear *every* colour! But they would make great stocking fillers so even the ones you won't use yourself could be useful).

So far I have been wearing a different one each day and have been very impressed with all of them, and had lots of compliments on my make-up. The other ones I have tried so far are:
bodicea which is a red cream with gold glitter in, this one has got the most comments from the biggest range of people!
beezer a shimmery olivey greeny colour, looks great on, a colour I probably wouldn't have chosen if it hadn't been in the tub, but one i will definitely wear a lot, not too outlandish for work, but interesting too
bossy which is bright pink with shimmery pink glitter. This was too vivid for me on it's own so i wore it layered over boosh which is a bright purple. It still looked very bright but not so neon. Every time I went to the toilets i kept looking at my eyes cause I was so intrigued by the colour and glitteryness!!
bolder this is a bright pink glitter in a clear cream, so it is just like a glitter liner and this is how I have used it.

I will edit this with the other colours as I try them out, but as I say I have been very impressed with all the ones I have tried so far. I think I am now a cream eyeshadow convert!
telling it like it is!

AdrenaLynny

Post by AdrenaLynny » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:53 pm

Ohhhh I am so excited. I just got my package of samples from Sassy minerals and good lord, Im in love.

First off...for 10 samples with shipping it was STILL less than 10 bucks.
Second...her samples are awesome. They are in actual jars, not bags, not clamshells...jars. Well labeled jars I might add. Plus she sent me two extra samples free.

Her colors are just beautiful. Im not normally a glittery eyeshadow girl, but these are awesome. The glitter is so fine that you cant feel it. Also you can tell that the colors arent cut with anything yucky, no muddyness.
I ordered these:
Gasoline Rainbow, Its kind of grayish with rainbow sparkles...
Bling, dark black with red and orange and gold sparkles
Fatal Beauty, shimmery plum that almost seems like it has a red duochrome with a hint of pinkish sparkles
Sorceress, kind of a cross between moss and teal, really shimmery and pretty
Tattletale, almost like fatal beauty, but with way more pink sparkles
Exhibitionist, dark blackish green with green sparkles
Crown Jewels, (free sample) its kinda gray blue with greeny sparkles
Ruby Slippers, deep reddish pink with red and pink sparkles
Fierce, grayish purple with red and blue sparkles
Lyrical, deep greeny teal, shimmery goodness
Jinx, (free sample) sooooo pretty. Its kind of like a shimmery periwinkle blue with a soft iridescent green sheen.
Break the Silence, deep greypurpleblue with super purple sparkles

Everything blends and foils well and I am sooooo ordering again soon. There are another 10 or so shadows Ive got my eye on.
Cunning Stunt.

faticeira

Post by faticeira » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:14 pm

Estee Lauder Automatic Eyebrow Pencil with refill

For eyebrows that wont come off, rub off or wear off. Great application too.

Spooki

Post by Spooki » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:59 pm

blistex lip massage lip balm
it's not so much the applicator "massage" that makes me like this, it's the actual balm. it's thick and very moisturizing and tastes like berries. it's a lip balm that i can put on when i go to bed and wake up with out chapped lips. the applicator is pretty good for exfoliating, but the rest of the tube is kinda crap. it really should be a squeeze tube and not a twist up because in order to get any product out i have to turn it upside down while i twist and too much always comes out. i end up applying it with my finger instead of the lip massager.

i was using their moisturizing balm before i got this in my xmas stocking and lip massage makes the moisture balm seem like crap. it lasts so much longer, which is great because i hate having to apply lip balm a million times a day.

AdrenaLynny

Post by AdrenaLynny » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:08 pm

Oooh Im happy! I bought a L'Oreal Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner today. It is a very close dupe to UD 24/7 pencil in zero. It glides amazingly and doesnt tug. It was also BLACK black, and only needed one swipe to look great. It was 7.50$, so its a bit more as drug store liners go, but the quality is very good.
Cunning Stunt.

Shay Wynter

Post by Shay Wynter » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:57 pm

I just bought MAC fluidline eyeliner last week and I must say, it is so far THE BEST eyeliner I have ever used. its just so expensive, so hopfully it will last me a long time. Im not really a MAC byer only because of the price so I hope to be able to treat myself every so often.
xShayxWynterx
Have Facebook? Add my little buisness as a friend.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/D.Obsession?ref=ts

ZombieChickadee

Post by ZombieChickadee » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:21 am

Coastal Scents 88 shimmer palette.
Lovely colors, highly pigmented, and last a really long time. Also shipping was very fast and cheap! 5 out of 5!

Coastal Scents HD foundation.
For me I have very light skin, and I really can never find a foundation that fits my skin tone. well this does! Its light not oily at all! Also you think it may be a little yellow/copper but it turns out perfect. 5 out of 5

Spooki

Post by Spooki » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

fryrinnae pixie epoxy
Please note that this is not an eye shadow primer, or really a base. It is to keep sparkles on or to make shimmery shadows appear "glossy" / a foiled look without foiling.
Originally developed and formulated for a friend/pro artist, this unique "glue" is designed to hold the sparkliest, most shimmery eye shadows in place and minimize "fallout". Can also be used to retain a "wet" or "glossy" look to loose shadows. Don't worry, it's easily washed off, and while keeps shadows in a water-resistant state, the product itself is water-soluble (no silicones or oils).
when i first tried it i found it very frustrating as it made my shadows gum up and get patchy, but i realized i just didn't let it dry enough. you really need to let it dry, they say to wait several seconds but imo, you need to wait a good half minute. but once you get the hang of this stuff you'll never want to stop using it! it really makes eyeshadows pop and stay put.

Spooki

Post by Spooki » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:58 pm

meow cosmetics
only complaint is i did not receive a shipping notice. processing time wasn't bad even though they were busy catching up after taking a break. i did get a paper invoice, a personal thank you note and two samples with my order.

pampered puss foundation
i ordered a ton of samples to find the right color because they have so many options. the color that seems to be right for me is inquisitive himalayan. it doesn't make me look yellow or orange, yay! the formula is nice too, smooth and easy to blend. haven't been real active today but 4 hours after applying it still looks just as fresh.

blue color corrector
green correctors tend to make me look sickly so i gave this a go. covered my redness nicely and gives me a nice glow. it unintentionally brought out my cheekbones.

AdrenaLynny

Post by AdrenaLynny » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:28 pm

Spooki wrote:fryrinnae pixie epoxy
Please note that this is not an eye shadow primer, or really a base. It is to keep sparkles on or to make shimmery shadows appear "glossy" / a foiled look without foiling.
Originally developed and formulated for a friend/pro artist, this unique "glue" is designed to hold the sparkliest, most shimmery eye shadows in place and minimize "fallout". Can also be used to retain a "wet" or "glossy" look to loose shadows. Don't worry, it's easily washed off, and while keeps shadows in a water-resistant state, the product itself is water-soluble (no silicones or oils).
when i first tried it i found it very frustrating as it made my shadows gum up and get patchy, but i realized i just didn't let it dry enough. you really need to let it dry, they say to wait several seconds but imo, you need to wait a good half minute. but once you get the hang of this stuff you'll never want to stop using it! it really makes eyeshadows pop and stay put.
It took me a few times with the Pixie Epoxy to get it right but it makes all the world of difference. Also My Fyrinnae order came in a bit ago and Im addicted and obsessed. Freya and Still breathing and Digital angel make me a very very happy girl
Cunning Stunt.

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:18 am

Coastal Scents HD foundation.
For me I have very light skin, and I really can never find a foundation that fits my skin tone. well this does! Its light not oily at all! Also you think it may be a little yellow/copper but it turns out perfect. 5 out of 5[/quote]
I second this review. Only downsides are that the packaging makes it easy for the bottom bits to have to be scooped out instead of pumped out and the foundation smells a bit funny. Otherwise a great buy and my favorite foundation to date. :)

DrPino

Post by DrPino » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:21 pm

Hard Candy Ginormous Lash- Volumizing Mascara

Love love love this mascara! Not only because it's available at Walmart, but because I have extremely long lower lashes and mascara often clumps on them and makes them look very chunky. While I do like my top lashes to be chunky sometimes, this mascara is perfect for layering to achieve a thicker look! It doesn't coat your lashes too much and lengthens them to the extreme!

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:51 pm

Everyday Minerals - Aussie Perk Me Up.

This is an amazing highlighter. I don't think I will ever use another. I am still using a sample pot from last year.

Spooki

Post by Spooki » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:52 pm

covergirl clean foundation
just a tad lighter than the lightest shade of maybelline pure makeup, also stays on better since it's made for oily skin. the coverage is also better. however, it comes in a glass bottle while pure comes in a squeezable tube. the foundation is quite thick and i haven't been able to shake any out! i'm fortunate to have small enough fingers to stick into the little opening. i'm going to use a q-tip next time to scrape some out...

guest123

Post by guest123 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:46 pm

*deleted*
Last edited by guest123 on Sat May 09, 2015 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snicky

Post by Snicky » Thu May 13, 2010 6:32 pm

For me, the best makeup product ever invented is the dream matte mousse foundation.
My skin is really pale and I have quite a lot of freckles, and this foundation is the only one that covers my acne scars, leaves some freckles visible and is the same tone as my skin. I use 'ivory' btw.
a little bottle goes a really long way too! :D
Nothing feels better than walking down a busy street in bright pink hair.

dA
Myspace

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:41 pm

Boots 17 Mono Eyeshadows in Darkness

I was distraught that Make Up Enigma closed just as I ran out of Black Lipstick, as I was certain I'd never find a matte black eyeshadow that was even nearly as good. Regardless, I'm a fan of 17 Cosmetics anyway and they had an offer where you get some free stuff if you spent over £6, so on a whim I picked up this.

I am thrilled I didn't fork out the £11 for MAC's Carbon. Darkness is pitch pitch black, wonderfully easy to apply and does not budge if used with UDPP. And it has no sparkle or shimmer whatsoever. This is easily a staple now, I don't think I'll ever bother with more expensive brands of black eyeshadow. This is near enough perfect.

cherrystarlet

Post by cherrystarlet » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:28 pm

Estee Lauder Double Wear Range

Estee Lauder would never automatically jump to mind when it comes to getting make up, but I was so desperate to get a foundation that was the right shade & coverage & had tried everywhere else, so went to Estee Lauder & am now addicted to their double wear range! Its fantastic, does what it says on the tin - vibrant, long wearing makeup!

I have the foundation, the liquid eyeliner, the kohl eyeliner pencil in black & black plum! They have the kohl liner in lots of colours aswell which for some reason I just didnt expect! Oh I have their Magnascopic mascara which is fantastic too!

cherrybombdreads

Post by cherrybombdreads » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:47 pm

Eyeko Again <3

So I'm am ambassador for eyeko makeup, so naturally I suppose I should be raving about their makeup :p

But after being an Avon rep, and not really actually wearing many of the products myself, I am extremely proud to say I ALWAYS wear eyeko makeup and I love it.

I have;

Graffic eyeliner pen - AMAZING. Liquid liner in a pen. Comes out dark and easily. Doesn't smudge and takes a while to budge when removing it.

Mascara - I have both. My faveourite is the one in the silver tube. I get compliments every time i go out about my eyelashes. It can leave lashes a little lumpy, so little thin coats are all you need. It makes your lashes look HUGE and does crumble, or come off!

Tinted cream - Perfect for a glow! I am extremely pale but this doesn't tango me and mosturises my skin!

Mosturising cream - Sinks in lovely, leaves my skin feeling gorge, and you don't need to use alot. BARGIN!

Nail varnishes - Need a few coats to get the full on colour, but lasts well, drys quickly and they have some gorge colours!

Lip balms - Now discountined but if you can get your hands on one DO! They last ages, and give a tiny amount of colour!
http://www.cherrybombdreads.webs.com High Quality Roving and Synthetic Dreads!

blackmetal_mosher

Post by blackmetal_mosher » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:02 am

Hiya everyone.
I received my Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland Make up box today! I'm so pleased with it. I think it's limited edition, but there are quite a few going on ebay, and I urge you to try for one. It really is pretty and the colours are really good too.
I love it =)

This link is just to show you what it looks like, if you don't know already, but I got mine from ebay and I know there were quite a few left. What i did though, I emailed the seller and asked if they could put one aside for me as I always tend to lose the bidding! Anyway, she did put one aside and I bought it separately and for less than she was auctioning them for.

http://www.sassisamblog.com/2009/12/22/ ... y-palette/
Hello, I am in right now, but there is someone I dont want to speak to. If you are leaving a message and I don't answer the phone, then that person is you...

MissPlastik

Post by MissPlastik » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:38 am

benefit
lemon aid

its a yellow colour correcting cream, it works well and the packagings really cute ^_^
5*****

and

miss sporty
studio colour mono eye shadow

they have minerals an aloe vera in them, very nice to use :)

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:17 pm

Gosh Lift Me Up! Make Up

This is... the absolute best foundation I have ever used. It goes on smoothly and evenly, it gives very full coverage with the absolute minimum amount needed and it leaves your skin feeling so soft and looking so perfect. It's kind of like moisturiser, primer and foundation in one and I don't think I'll ever use any other foundation again

ContortedAngel

Post by ContortedAngel » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:23 pm

I've always found it so hard to get a foundation that is light enough for me but I've just got Gosh X-Ceptional Wear Make Up and its a pretty good match. Its the lightest I have found in a chemists. I'm still wanting to get some MAC or Illamasqua but it will be hard to persuade my boy to let me spend so much on makeup :P

paran0ir

Post by paran0ir » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:59 am

L'Oreal Infallible Foundation

I've not been able to afford MAC StudioFix for a while, and been trying to find a cheaper substitute - at £11 this isn't exactly the cheapest option, but it's bloody brilliant. Glides over my uneven skin tone and stays put. Very impressed :)

starlotus

Post by starlotus » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:36 pm

Urban Decay De-slick Mattifying Gel

Ok, so I have ridiculously oily skin and am on a life-long quest/battle to stay not-shiney (I know some of you other ladies feel me on this one) and this stuff doesn't keep me oil-free all day, but it does give me an extra couple of hours before I start to get shiney, and then I'm only a bit oily instead of really gross with my makeup sliding all over the place. The tube seems to be lasting quite a long time, and that extra couple of hours of looking nice is valuable to me anyway, especially on a date or something. The directions say you can put it on over makeup to de-slick as well, but I use it as a base layer and then just use the blotter sheets as needed. Good stuff, until I find that magical product that banishes my shine for a full day.

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”