Hair Products *Positive Reviews*

blackmetal_mosher

Re: Hair Products *Positive Reviews*

Post by blackmetal_mosher » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:45 pm

Vosene! Old, but it works!!
Hello, I am in right now, but there is someone I dont want to speak to. If you are leaving a message and I don't answer the phone, then that person is you...

Spooki

Post by Spooki » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:34 pm

pure coconut oil
it's not exactly a hair product but it really does wonders for fried, dried and frizzified hair. my hair was a hot mess after months of dying, straightening, curling and teasing; just all around hair abuse. i tried every conditioner and frizz killing product i could get my hands on and nothing really worked. i've known forever that coconut oil is the best conditioner for hair so i don't know why it took me so long to try it. i got a huge jug of it for like $5 at walmart, while i have probably stupidly spent hundreds on all the products i tried the past few months. after using it just once my hair felt like it was back to its original condition! been using it for a week now and not a hint of frizz either. my hair is super, super soft and shiny and doesn't knot up and break any more. i haven't really needed to straighten it as much either, it seems to have killed the obnoxious waves and ear dents i would get from sleeping on my hair.

it leaves almost no scent, not smelling like a deep fryer is a def plus.

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:17 pm

Fudge Dynamite hair treatment.
POSITIVE
Really gets into those split ends and softens them immensely. Very thick stuff, so needs a decent comb out when put in.

cyberloxshop

Post by cyberloxshop » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:21 am

Aussie Three Minute Miracle Awesome stuff - I like many others have used bleach a little more than I should have over the years. I think that the sachets seems to work better than the bottles, but maybe that's just a Placebo effect perhaps! :lol: Or maybe I am actually on to something...
http://www.Cyberloxshop.co.uk - Hair supplies & Cyberlox galore!
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cyberloxshop - come say hi!
We love fake hair, bright colours and everything cyber! :D Oh and, lots of creating!

Pixie_Junk

Post by Pixie_Junk » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:37 pm

Lush Karma Comba solid shampoo bar.

It's just hardcore sexy! It smells amazing, it's lovely and moisturising, it cleans without stripping all of the natural oils out of my hair and it's way less expensive than liquid shampoo. Also wicked on tangles and my unruly curls do like to get in a mess. ;) (Plus is lasts for ages!)
Thrillseeker, heartbreaker, shapeshifter

www.myspace.com/programmed_to_derail

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:36 am

Lush Hair Doctor!

This is a prewash hair mask from Lush with a pepperminty base to it. I've been using this about 18 months, and my scalp has been alot better!! I recommend this to anyone who has itchy scalp or dandruff!

kaned_ferret

Post by kaned_ferret » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:17 am

Jungle solid conditioner by Lush

I have wavy, frizzy, thick ginger hair that I have been dying for years. And never before had any product made much of a difference to the overall appearance of this - until I discovered jungle a year ago :) Whenever I try a new product I see immediate positive effects, just because of the change I think, but this is the first and only product that a year down the line is making me smile! My hair is tamed and softer and after I straighten it stays that way, even if I get a bit of wind and rain on it, which previously would re-induce the frizz. I think it would be too heavy for most hair types, but for me it is perfect, and I shall never look back! there's definitely a trick to using it though - I find that smooshing it into a paste in my palm works best, then I just smooth it on my hair. I also use it as a conditioning mask every now and then on my dry hair for an extra moisture boost!

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:23 am

Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Creme

This is one of the best products I've ever used, it stops frizz completely. I have relaxed afro hair and frizz is a major problem for me, not anymore with this stuff. It's not just for afro hair though I've used it on my daughter who has wavy hair and my OH who has very straight hair and it's made their hair shine just a little bit more and stay looking smooth.

Also;

Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Pak

Smells amazing, it smells just like you've been mangoed from lush and makes my hair soooo soft and smooth, it's 90p a pack( which is 1 application) but it is so worth it!
Kanadeta senritsusae, Mou todokanai yumeno ato
Facebook

Dystopatica

Post by Dystopatica » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:17 am

Umberto Giannini’s Backcomb in a Bottle

Does pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. Is a styling/thickening product which gives fabulous body and texture to hair. Spray it on your roots and tousel your hair for instant lift. I am using this in combination with Massive Mouse from the same range and I'm able to create ridiclous bouffants should I want to. And let's face it, who doesn't? It also smells really good and brushes out really easily without leaving your hair feeling all gunked up.

Miss Cydonia

Post by Miss Cydonia » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:22 pm

Joico- K-Pak Shampoo, Conditioner and Reconstructor.

I use all of the above on my bleached hair and it really does turn the condition around. When my hair is dry Id say it feels/looks in better condition than it ever has been!

Lee Stafford Hot Shots 4 Blondes

brilliant little pots of concentrated purple toner that really make bleached hair a "cool" white tone. Smells lovely too

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:18 pm

L'Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Silver Shampoo for Grey or White Hair

This stuff is amazing. I recently used it as toner after bleaching my roots, just left it on a while longer. Now I use it once a week to tone. It also gives my hair grey/silver tones if I use it a few times in a row, and gives my hair shine. Wouldn't be without this now.

Highly recommended if you're in the white hair brigade :P

kaned_ferret

Post by kaned_ferret » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:26 pm

Not sure whether this should be a hair or skincare review to be honest, as the produce can be used for either. Elemis Frangipani monoi moisture melt is an amazing oil that smells heavenly - I'm not joking, it's like how you'd expect angelina jolie to smell - and is absolutely the BEST moisturiser I have ever used. It also works as a massage oil and intensive treatment for the cuticles AND a soak-in hair oil / scalp massage oil that makes your hair super soft and shiny and scrummy. I first had it used on me when I treated myself to a massage at a spa on holiday, and it was so amazing that I have bought some now I'm back and I'm hooked! Absolute LUXURY in a bottle. A fairly expensive bottle, but oh my is it worth it! (and not SO expensive if you go on ebay ;) )

kaned_ferret

Post by kaned_ferret » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:23 am

*doing a little dance*

After reading what some of you ladies have had to say on here, I have decided to go sls free and tried out the Naked haircare range. Utter win! Soft, shiny hair, much better conditioned scalp... i think this is the way forward to get happier hair and skin (too many years of dying has wrecked my scalp!) I have also switched to 100% natural hair dye in the form of body art quality henna. clearly natural is the way to go for my body - I had so many bad reactions in the past and now I am no longer blistered and flaking woohoo!

All in all I would definitely recommend giving this stuff a try, especially if like me you suspect that the chemicals aren't in best agreement with your body! Plus the stuff smells amazing and works a treat - I can't stop running my hands through my hair!

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:22 am

Juuce Shock Treatment

Wow, I am SHOCKED /punintended with this stuff! This treatment is AMAZING and smells great. It's only a 3 minute application, so you can do it in the shower and not have to worry about leaving it on for an hour. I just bleached, shampooed and blow dried my hair to apply my orange dye to, and it was so brittle. After dyeing, I shampooed my hair and applied this treatment. My hair is literally drying DEAD STRAIGHT. Never have I ever used a treatment that has made my hair so soft, even the stuff my hairdresser has doesn't cut it.

Aussies can get it at Price Attack. Cost me $7 for a sachet where I got two applicaitons. Need a bottle of this stuff now! According to their website, they distribute this stuff to New Zealand and the UK.

http://www.hairjamm.com/shock_treatment.php

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:12 pm

Lush H'saun Wen Hua hair treatment

Ok, this stuff is amazing. It's a pre-wash treatment. Goes on dry hair, stays on for 20 minutes then shampoo and condition as normal.

I didn't straighten or blow dry my hair and it dried dead straight, no frizz. WOW.

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:07 pm

rivetlicker_ wrote:Lush H'saun Wen Hua hair treatment

Ok, this stuff is amazing. It's a pre-wash treatment. Goes on dry hair, stays on for 20 minutes then shampoo and condition as normal.

I didn't straighten or blow dry my hair and it dried dead straight, no frizz. WOW.
Do you have naturally curly hair?? If so, I NEED THIS. Does it only work after you just used it, though? I don't want to have my hair stay straight for a week or anything (I rather like my wavy curlies on the long part of my hair), I'd just like to use it once in a while and on my bangs/fringe because they don't ever lay flat, grrr.
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:16 am

poxabomination wrote:
rivetlicker_ wrote:Lush H'saun Wen Hua hair treatment

Do you have naturally curly hair?? If so, I NEED THIS. Does it only work after you just used it, though? I don't want to have my hair stay straight for a week or anything (I rather like my wavy curlies on the long part of my hair), I'd just like to use it once in a while and on my bangs/fringe because they don't ever lay flat, grrr.
My hair is slightly boofy, but mostly straightish with a cow lick. It's basically a treatment, not a de-frizzing serum. It's just a natural answer to a protein treatment (it has eggs in it).

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:39 pm

iamtheparty wrote:Coolaulin by Lush

I normally use American Cream but I gave this a go because it's packed full of coconut which is super good for processed hair. I will officially be switching to Coolaulin as soon as my bottle of American Cream is up. My hair feels super soft, it's mega shiny and it smells gorgeous!!
I have a sample of this, I'll take your word for it!

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:26 pm

Hope its ok to review a bleach!

Matrix V Light bleach powder.

The best and fastest bleach I have ever used. Its purple toned so it doesn't lift as yellow. It developed in about 50 minutes on my level 4/5 hair. The old bleach I was using was pushing 1 hour 40 mins sometimes (my hair is stubborn too!) there was absolutely NO irritation at all and it felt comfortable the whole time, no itching or burning. Most fuss free root bleach ever :)

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:55 am

kaned_ferret wrote:Jungle solid conditioner by Lush

I have wavy, frizzy, thick ginger hair that I have been dying for years. And never before had any product made much of a difference to the overall appearance of this - until I discovered jungle a year ago :) Whenever I try a new product I see immediate positive effects, just because of the change I think, but this is the first and only product that a year down the line is making me smile! My hair is tamed and softer and after I straighten it stays that way, even if I get a bit of wind and rain on it, which previously would re-induce the frizz. I think it would be too heavy for most hair types, but for me it is perfect, and I shall never look back! there's definitely a trick to using it though - I find that smooshing it into a paste in my palm works best, then I just smooth it on my hair. I also use it as a conditioning mask every now and then on my dry hair for an extra moisture boost!
Unfortunately I have a neutral review of this. Whilst it made my hair very soft, it gave me a crazy itchy scalp. Not the right product for me.

donnaoh

Post by donnaoh » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:06 pm

kaned_ferret wrote:Not sure whether this should be a hair or skincare review to be honest, as the produce can be used for either. Elemis Frangipani monoi moisture melt is an amazing oil that smells heavenly - I'm not joking, it's like how you'd expect angelina jolie to smell - and is absolutely the BEST moisturiser I have ever used. It also works as a massage oil and intensive treatment for the cuticles AND a soak-in hair oil / scalp massage oil that makes your hair super soft and shiny and scrummy. I first had it used on me when I treated myself to a massage at a spa on holiday, and it was so amazing that I have bought some now I'm back and I'm hooked! Absolute LUXURY in a bottle. A fairly expensive bottle, but oh my is it worth it! (and not SO expensive if you go on ebay ;) )
I worked for elemis and the hairdressers there always told me not to use it long term, just use as a treat as it dries out your skin and hair if you use it all the time. But it does smell nice. When you melt it to use it, put it in an old tub so its easier to scrape out when u need it.

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:00 pm

Vitamin C/Shampoo mix to fade hair colour. It faded my hair 2-3 shades in 30mins.

mila07

Post by mila07 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:17 pm

I use a great hair product which has helped me a lot restoring my damaged hair, it's Pro Naturals Moroccan Oil Hair Treatment with Heat Protector, it helps strengthen the hair that's prone to breakage, splitting or snapping off, gently smoothes the hair, reduces Frizz and helps prevent heat damage, plus leaves hair healthy, shiny and resilient. I totally recommend it, works amazing, smells really good and thanks to this product my hair feels different and is healthy. :i9: :)
If someone is interested I bought it at http://hairproductspro.com/pro-naturals ... ector.html :D

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:23 pm

mila07 wrote:I use a great hair product which has helped me a lot restoring my damaged hair, it's Pro Naturals Moroccan Oil Hair Treatment with Heat Protector, it helps strengthen the hair that's prone to breakage, splitting or snapping off, gently smoothes the hair, reduces Frizz and helps prevent heat damage, plus leaves hair healthy, shiny and resilient. I totally recommend it, works amazing, smells really good and thanks to this product my hair feels different and is healthy. :i9: :)
If someone is interested I bought it at http://hairproductspro.com/pro-naturals ... ector.html :D
That would be the Argan Oil working.

Anikin

Post by Anikin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:47 pm

L'oreal EVERPURE Sulfate-free color care system Moisture Conditioner and Resotrative Masque and Johnsons Natural Baby Shampoo

I have baby fine, bone straight hair that I've bleached and toned to get that silvery white awesomeness (with an unruly cowlick in my bangs) which used to look greasy after just one day of not showering when I was using anything more than baby shampoo.

The baby shampoo cleans my hair without completely stripping it (obvious seeing as it's formulated for baby hair) and the conditioner makes it smell great and completely moisturised. No split ends, no breakage like I've had before. And the restorative mask works wonders after toning and redoing my roots!

It'll also help to know that I don't style my hair short of blowdrying and using a flatiron on my bangs. I have to keep it in a bun or ponytail just to keep my hands off of it!

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”