Help - MAC foundation

Monique_marion_may

Help - MAC foundation

Post by Monique_marion_may » Mon May 02, 2011 2:48 pm

Hey guys, i'm looking at getting a MAC foundation. I've never bought MAC before, and wanted to get the only product I use every day. But I'm so confused about which one to buy! I'm used to using a liquid foundation in a bottle.
My skin is very pale, but I need a full coverage as I get a few break outs around my lips/shin area and can be kind of red/tint.

Anyway, the colour I can work out, but I'm just not sure which product to go for?!

Lorny

Re: Help - MAC foundation

Post by Lorny » Mon May 02, 2011 3:30 pm

I have their basic Select foundation and find it has really good coverage without being too thick.

kittykadaver

Post by kittykadaver » Mon May 02, 2011 8:49 pm

I've personally been a fan of the pressed powders, like Studio Fix. You're able to get away with wearing just that, without any liquid.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Tue May 03, 2011 9:37 am

How pale are you hon? Even their palest shade I find a little dark for me so that's worth bearing in mind. I'm very pale though. I'm currently using Illamasqua. Similar in price but they have lighter shades.
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

KelsieStars

Post by KelsieStars » Tue May 03, 2011 2:31 pm

ScarletLady wrote:How pale are you hon? Even their palest shade I find a little dark for me so that's worth bearing in mind. I'm very pale though. I'm currently using Illamasqua. Similar in price but they have lighter shades.

I switched to Illamasqua too for the same reason (well one of the reasons!).

Bekaloo

Post by Bekaloo » Tue May 03, 2011 2:51 pm

Do you have dry, oily or combination/normal skin?

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Tue May 03, 2011 7:04 pm

ScarletLady wrote:How pale are you hon? Even their palest shade I find a little dark for me so that's worth bearing in mind. I'm very pale though. I'm currently using Illamasqua. Similar in price but they have lighter shades.
The only time I ever used my MAC is when I went on holiday and got lovely and brown, and that was with NW15. I also have Bobbi Brown which is a lovely shade, but that's too oily for me. I never win!

Jynx

Post by Jynx » Fri May 06, 2011 2:42 am

I recently jumped in on MAC foundation head first, only to find that I'm way too light to wear any of their shades. I really do like the studio fix, though, and I'll be getting the MAC Pro White Face & Body foundation later this month to lighten it up. If you can, definitely visit a store and try everything out. They'll give you samples, too, so you can wear it a couple times and then decide.

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”