Foundation suggestions for pale yellow/olive skin

debra_beretta

Foundation suggestions for pale yellow/olive skin

Post by debra_beretta » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:41 pm

Hi ladies,

Right, I'm nearing my wits' end trying to find something which works, so I'm hoping some of you lot could throw suggestions my way. I have *very* pale yellow/olive toned skin, brown eyes, black hair blah blah blah. I'm coming to the last of my MAC Face and Body liquid foundation in its lightest shade and need a decent replacement.

Nothing too heavy, because on my skin, it looks mega obvious. Coverage is the main issue here; I'm lucky with my skin in that it's not oily or dry and I don't get spots, but I do have GINORMOUS hereditary eye-bags, which I need to disguise somewhat. I've been unable to find a foundation that gives the right amount of coverage, it's either too much or not enough. I bought some of ELF cosmetics tinted moisturiser in its lightest shade and it's way too stodgy and dark.

Liquid would be preferred. Also, preferred would be under £15.

Halp.
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about. - H.P Lovecraft

Lorny

Re: Foundation suggestions for pale yellow/olive skin

Post by Lorny » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:36 pm

Cor, £15? You're not asking for much! :lol: I know a lot of the ladies like Loreal Infallible. I used to use it but it wasn't the right tone. Saying that, Sleek had a decent one and it comes in loads of shades. I used that too but again, it wasn't the right tone.

hellsbells

Post by hellsbells » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:20 pm

L'Oreal perfect match http://www.viewpoints.com/LOreal-Perfec ... es-reviews is the one I use, they have several pale yellowish shades...

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:38 pm

Have you asked in your local Lush about the Colour Suppliments? There is a gorgeus pale yellow one, and pale pink one :) I use the lightest shades and they are £7.50.

Failing that I highly recommend Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse which I think is £5

MichelleBichos

Post by MichelleBichos » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:07 pm

If you're willing to give powder mineral foundation a go, Meow Cosmetics (http://www.meowcosmetics.com/Foundation.htm have over 84 shades of foundation, and samples can be bought for USD $1 each! They come in light coverage, medium and heavy (the latter covers all my pigmentation). They also have matching undereye concealer.

I was addicted to liquid foundation, but was converted ...

Nenedhel

Post by Nenedhel » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:20 pm

MichelleBichos wrote:If you're willing to give powder mineral foundation a go, Meow Cosmetics (http://www.meowcosmetics.com/Foundation.htm have over 84 shades of foundation, and samples can be bought for USD $1 each! They come in light coverage, medium and heavy (the latter covers all my pigmentation). They also have matching undereye concealer.

I was addicted to liquid foundation, but was converted ...
Would love to try but the postage for just a few samples is high
Midnight Orchid - custom dreads and hairpieces, corsets, accessories and clothing
Folksy
Etsy
Custom corsets for only material costs? Its true, just message me for details/ order... only on HEF, you know you want one

debra_beretta

Post by debra_beretta » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:37 pm

Thanks for all your help ladies! <3
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about. - H.P Lovecraft

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”