Dermarolling/skin needling.

Ecstacy

Re: Dermarolling/skin needling.

Post by Ecstacy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:40 am

Just thought I'd bring this back to life :)

Have you guys noticed any visible improvement? I've suddenly got some gross stretch marks on my thighs I'd like to try and get rid of. Is it worth it?

guest123

Post by guest123 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:11 am

*deleted*
Last edited by guest123 on Sat May 09, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:30 pm

I have done 2 rolls up to now. Still not got to the 6month mark for skin regeneration. I plan to do another roll in a couple of weeks.

My face has dramatically improved, BUT, I have been taking vitamin D and a new diet from vegetarian to meat eater. My skin has cleared up and I no longer have acne apart from a little break out maybe once a month. My pores are much smaller and its summer when they would normally appear larger from the heat. I can't say if it's the dermarolling that made my pores look smaller or the lack of oil in my skin from having no acne, or maybe both.

I also have some laugh lines that I wanted to try and tighten up. My skin has some looseness to it from gaining and losing a lot of weight fast. I have noticed the deepness of the creases improving slightly. Probably about 5% which is quite a bit considering it's only been a few months.

I don't think I'm rolling as aggressive as I should be for maximum results. It fricken hurts :lol: I think I'm gonna try numbing the skin next time. I had a tooth ache and I noticed when I put clove oil on my tooth and got it on my lip it numbed my lip. I think I might try to numb my skin with some clove oil then got at it hardcore.

My stretch marks on my stomach seem near enough the same. I didn't roll them properly I don't think. I need to do the face and stomach roll on separate days. I have been doing my face then stomach. By time I'm done on my face I have ran out of adrenalin to do my stomach! It hurts more than the face, surprisingly. I did roll a red stretch mark a bit more thorough and I noticed it is no longer red. All my other stretch marks are fully healed and white. I hear the best time to do laser treatment effectively on your stretch marks is when they are unhealed and red. I would think this may be the best time for dermarolling as well.

I will continue to dermaroll and I'm confident I'll get decent results. It's cheap and effective. I think doing it over the course or a year or two will give amazing results. 3 months isn't sufficient time to give an accurate review.

Get yourself some vitamin E oil and massage the stretch marks whilst you decide if dermarolling is for you, it could help reduce the appearance. Maybe when they heal and turn pale you might not be too concerned with them.

Ecstacy

Post by Ecstacy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:41 am

Thanks for the updates guys! Would you mind posting when you start noticing some serious results? I'd love to know if it gives a good long-term result, especially on stretch marks. :D

Stina - that's awesome about your navel scar. Is it less dented? Not as obvious?

guest123

Post by guest123 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:35 pm

*deleted*
Last edited by guest123 on Sat May 09, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ecstacy

Post by Ecstacy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:56 am

Oh awesome, that's what I was hoping. Sounds like it'll probably fade back to whitish though!

CryptiquesBizarre

Post by CryptiquesBizarre » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:34 pm

I noticed you stated you were doing this for stretch marks on your tummy because of weight loss. Would this work for women who had kiddos? I've got a few friends that are very self-conscious of their tummies because of the stretchmarks and if I could give them an idea of something that would help, I'd love to know. I'll have to check the sites when I get home but now that it's October I'm wondering if the results are turning out really well. :)

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:58 pm

CryptiquesBizarre wrote:I noticed you stated you were doing this for stretch marks on your tummy because of weight loss. Would this work for women who had kiddos? I've got a few friends that are very self-conscious of their tummies because of the stretchmarks and if I could give them an idea of something that would help, I'd love to know. I'll have to check the sites when I get home but now that it's October I'm wondering if the results are turning out really well. :)
Yeah I think that's what a lot of women use it for. If you do some research you will find some forums with more about using it on stretchmarks. I used it on my face more than my belly. My roller got dull faster than I thought and I never bought another one. Next time I would buy the better brand. My face is really soft now and definitely much tighter. Not where I want to be but I know I wasn't aggressive enough to get the best results.

If I did it all again I would buy a better roller, and longer needles. Instead of 1.5 I would use a 2-2.5. I would numb the skin so I could be more aggressive and the pain not to get in the way.

For stretch marks the needle has to be much longer than on the face. My 1.5 needle didn't seem to do much on my stomach but it faded one on my thigh quite a bit.

CryptiquesBizarre

Post by CryptiquesBizarre » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:00 am

Nanou2 wrote:
CryptiquesBizarre wrote:I noticed you stated you were doing this for stretch marks on your tummy because of weight loss. Would this work for women who had kiddos? I've got a few friends that are very self-conscious of their tummies because of the stretchmarks and if I could give them an idea of something that would help, I'd love to know. I'll have to check the sites when I get home but now that it's October I'm wondering if the results are turning out really well. :)
Yeah I think that's what a lot of women use it for. If you do some research you will find some forums with more about using it on stretchmarks. I used it on my face more than my belly. My roller got dull faster than I thought and I never bought another one. Next time I would buy the better brand. My face is really soft now and definitely much tighter. Not where I want to be but I know I wasn't aggressive enough to get the best results.

If I did it all again I would buy a better roller, and longer needles. Instead of 1.5 I would use a 2-2.5. I would numb the skin so I could be more aggressive and the pain not to get in the way.

For stretch marks the needle has to be much longer than on the face. My 1.5 needle didn't seem to do much on my stomach but it faded one on my thigh quite a bit.
I'll definitely do extra searching. I wanted to see how the progress had gone before devoting my time to it. Thanks for replying about it though. :)

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”