Oil Cleansing Method

MichelleBichos

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

Post by MichelleBichos » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:35 am

Hmmm, not sure! I personally use jojoba oil to take off my makeup, then use plain olive oil soap to remove the excess. Up to you, but if you keep having aggravated skin, then maybe the OCM isn't right for you?

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:44 pm

Well this is what I thought. Last night when I did it again my nose wasn't as bad but my cheeks were crusty enough to pick still. I don't know whether to mix a new batch from scratch using just 10% castor oil. The sweet almond oil I've been shoving on my face is quite heavy, and stays there for a long time. I'm not sure if it will end up clogging my pores.

schwarz_engelblut

Post by schwarz_engelblut » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:25 am

I use this and it's done a great deal of good!!! I made a few mixes. One bottle for oily days (65% castor, 35% sunflower oil), dry days (35% castor, 65% sunflower oil), and normal ones (50/50 mix with a few drops of camellia and lavender essential oils) If my skins dry afterwards, I put pure vita E oil on my face (which helps cell renewal/turnover and breaks down scar tissue)

I pretty much use it on days that I wear makeup or bike like a BEAST from town to town. It's really helped with ocean-reated breakouts because I swim on the weekends and that causes blackheads for some reason... If I want to do a mask I'll mix a tbs of honey, juice from a 1/4 of lemon, and a tbs of the mix and leave it on for 15 minutes. then I take baking soda/bicorbonate of soda (thats right.... right?) and add the powder to the mask on my face and scrub it away. I do it maybe... once a month because the skin on the crease of my nose flakes aaaaaand I'm not always 100% with sunscreen so I get burn sometimes... Heh. (random tip.... I'm a natural gal and this works wonders for me! Mix 1/2 cup conditioner with 1/4 cup baking soda and 2tbs Eextra Virgin Olive Oil and leave it on your hair for an hour. It makes your hair siiiiiilkyyyyy.... The baking soda allows the moisture to soak in deeper. You can make a simial mask for your face. Just nix the conditoner and add yogurt or coconut milk and fidget with it till you get a paste :) )

But just a warning, in my case it caused a few blackheads to pop up at first (due to the castor pulling out debris), but after all of the germies left my skin my skin was awesomesauce!

Before:

Now:
this is my witty signature. love it. fear it <3 rawr!

if you havn't received your package, contact me!!

Dreads for sale

PreMades :]
http://www.SchwarzEngelblut.etsy.com

Hairyspace
http://www.myspace.com/engelbluthair

schwarz_engelblut

Post by schwarz_engelblut » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:32 am

Lorny wrote:Well this is what I thought. Last night when I did it again my nose wasn't as bad but my cheeks were crusty enough to pick still. I don't know whether to mix a new batch from scratch using just 10% castor oil. The sweet almond oil I've been shoving on my face is quite heavy, and stays there for a long time. I'm not sure if it will end up clogging my pores.
I don;t know if this is the case, but sometimes sellers will advertise pure, natural Castor Oil, but it contains fillers and sometimes Alcohols. I brought the wrong kind of Castor oil (meant to make you... er.... potty lol so it contained some extra things I think) and it dried out my cheeks, my smile line, and made my eye area raaaaw... Also, the brand effects your skin as well. One brand may extract the oil with heat and another by cold pressing and that can alter the effects that you want.

Dreads for sale

Hairyspace

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:38 am

I bought Pukka organic castor oil, which is supposed to be suitable for the skin as well. Like I said, I shelled out 8 quid for my bottle! It could be that my sweet almond oil isn't very good, cuz I bought a massive bottle of that in bulk. It doesn't say whether it is cold pressed or not, but equally it could be cuz I didn't moisturise my face from the start after using the method.

I did get loads of pimples, so is that cuz the oil is pulling crap out of my face? It said I'd notice a difference after a few days, only I appeared to get worse and after two weeks I'd had enough!

MichelleBichos

Post by MichelleBichos » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:25 pm

Great extra facemask / scrub tips, schwarz_engelblut!

My favourite scrub is sugar mixed with enough olive oil and a touch of rosewater to make a paste :)

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:10 pm

I think I have got through the most of the pimples from the cleanse. They seemed to have cleared up. I am going to stick with it and hopefully get some nice results.

schwarz how long did it take to get the crap out of your skin and for you to see the real results?

schwarz_engelblut

Post by schwarz_engelblut » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:55 am

Couple of months for it to go away completely. But I think it's like that with most regimes considering that a pimple takes two weeks to form (if I remember right)

Dreads for sale

Hairyspace

kaned_ferret

Post by kaned_ferret » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:56 pm

on a side note for getting castor oil cheaper, ebay was my friend, got some pure cold pressed castor oil for dirt (haha) cheap :)

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:53 pm

I might give it another go then and stick it out for a while. It's a right pain doing it though cuz it takes up so much time!

Lamie

Post by Lamie » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:48 pm

I use the OCM every once in a great while as a deep cleanser and it seems to work out nicely for me. (I have a very dry combo skin.) I use olive oil everyday to remove my eye makeup. Otherwise I just use the very gentle Equate (generic for Cetaphil) cleanser and follow up with the light Equate moisturizer (as this is what my dermatologist has recommended). BUUUT I can't find anything reliable on whether or not they test on animals so I'm looking to switch. Just ordered some stuff from LUSH so I'll let you know how that goes on the LUSH thread. =)

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”