Contouring

Dystopatica

Re: Contouring

Post by Dystopatica » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:31 pm

You know you should have just come to me directly, right?

As a contour you need a matte pale biscuit shade for your skintone. I use MAC Strada which is actually discontinued (bastards) but anything similar to this would work. The most important thing is that it is a flat matte shade and has no shimmer or duotone to it at all. From what I have seen of the Sleek sets I think even the lightest one would be too brown for you, you need a taupe shade like Illamasqua Rumour below.

Strada

Rumour

Apply this in the hollows of your cheekbones, under your jawline from your chin to your ears and around the hairline. You can also carefully use it down the sides of your nose to slim that down, but you have a cute little button nose anyway. *pinches cheeks*

You then need to balance this with a highlight on the top of the cheekbones, the forehead and down the centre of the nose. You CAN add a colour blush to the apples if you want, I do simply because it makes me look healthy and not quite so much like the sun averse chain smoking basement dweller that I obviously am.

[edit] If you do want to branch out into the world of actual blush toned products I'd highly recommend MAC Well Dressed for you. It's a very pale pink and just looks like a natural hint of colour. It's actually only one of two colour cosmetics I've ever repurchased because I've used one up.
Last edited by Dystopatica on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

kyandii

Re: Contouring

Post by kyandii » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:37 pm

If you'd like Illamasqua Rumour, I have one I used honestly once, you can't even see any wear on the product.

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”