Would you go without makeup for even a day?

ScarletLady

Re: Would you go without makeup for even a day?

Post by ScarletLady » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:56 pm

Agreed...if I'm going for a "natural" look I'll just do a base, stick on a neutral shadow and some mascara and a bit of bronzer...just doing a base makes me look strange
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Kajablomst.

Post by Kajablomst. » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:42 pm

My skin isn't the best, it's dry and cracking and I have acne too, so if I'm doing full eyemakeup and/or lipstick I have to try to make a decent base or else it just looks weird.. :P

°«Belle»°

Post by °«Belle»° » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:18 pm

I too suffer from bad skin. It's probably not as horrible as I sometimes make it out to be but I'm very concious of it. If I am leaving my house, or having visitors i will always put make-up on! If my skin is relatively good then maybe I'll just dab a little powder on and some mascara but my normal daily make-up routine is: Wash face, moisturise, foundation, concealer, blush and mascara. I wish I could go out without anything on because sometimes I just don't have to time to slap on 'the face' but without it I feel naked. Like people would be thinking 'nice girl, but shame about the face'.
Pixie_Junk wrote:I feel I don't get treated normally or like an adult when my skin is really bad.
I totally understand this. Having spots tends to be something associated with being a teenager and people forget that adults get them too, for a variety of reasons. I am a young mum with 2 kids so I really hate it when my skin is bad as I feel as though I look even younger! I have a healthy lifestyle and diet, don't smoke or drink, yet I'm punished with spottyness! RUDE!! So.. No. I never go without make up!
'Because I'm way more HARDCORE!'
Mummy to Kodi Michelle Autumn and Erin Rose

PirateQueen

Post by PirateQueen » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:49 pm

I'd like to think I could go without make-up, but in all honesty I don't think I could. I am blessed with good skin, but do tend to have dark shadows under my eyes so concealer is a must. All I actually wear is tinted moisturiser, a bit of primer, concealer, mineral eyeshadow, liner and mascara, lipgloss and a dusting of powder to combat shine and it usually takes me about 10 minutes in the morning. If I'm not going out the house all I'll wear is moisturiser, but I will admit if I'm expecting anyone I do put my normal slap on!

foximusprime

Post by foximusprime » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Atm i only reall wear makeup at the weekend and thats only if i'm going out in the evening, my skin has had a bit of a crazy few weeks so i've worn the least amount of makeup since my childhood!
blah blah blah

cyberloxshop

Post by cyberloxshop » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:44 pm

I think I get happier as the week goes on, and this shows because I wear more make up. This also co incides with getting out of bed quicker too. Haha!

Weird. But true. :lol:
Last edited by cyberloxshop on Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.Cyberloxshop.co.uk - Hair supplies & Cyberlox galore!
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cyberloxshop - come say hi!
We love fake hair, bright colours and everything cyber! :D Oh and, lots of creating!

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:41 pm

I think I am firmly in the "must have it on" camp. Since my eyebrows have decided to grow in funny and/or not at all in places, i MUST draw them on before leaving the house. Once they are on, it kind of looks funny to not have the rest of my face done up, at the very least with mascara.

I even have a hard time heading to the gym with nothing but eyebrows, but recognize that this is silly behavior, and will go without anything else.

I have an emergency stash of some items at work in case I need them, and would even leave the office to purchase something if I ran out or forgot to put in on in the morning. I also keep tweezers and razors EVERYWHERE, since I'm prone to stray hairs.

I suppose that makes me a little neurotic about it....maybe even a little vain. But it is what it is I suppose.

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:13 pm

I only wear makeup if I'm going out somewhere like a bar/club/dinner or event. I never wear any makeup except chapstick to work, grocery shopping or for any other errands etc... I don't really care what other people think of my non-existent eyebrows and eyelashes or any of my other skin flaws.
I also think wearing makeup tends to attract more unwanted attention during the day and in "normal" type places where I'd really rather be left alone. I get enough people coming up to me to talk about my hair, peircing, tattoos and my car - don't need them commenting about my eyebrows too!
Wearing makeup also makes my skin feel gross.
Luckily, I have pretty good skin.
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

Dystopatica

Post by Dystopatica » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:14 pm

I wear make up because I enjoy playing with different looks and consider it a medium of self expression, just like my clothing and hairstyle. I have to say I find it quite presumptuous of you to say that anyone who does is "obsessed with thier looks".

What if I was to say that people who don't wear make up on a daily basis are slovenly and lazy? Not so fun being judged, is it?*

*Obviously I don't actually beleive this, I'm just trying to illustrate a point.
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:20 pm

:lol: the OP hasn't been online since she posted this.

Some people are obsessed though. My aunty, when she was married HAD to wear makeup (her rather violent now ex husband demanded it) as soon as she woke up, even if she wasn't leaving the house she had to be perfect looking, no hair out of place, a face full of slap & perfect pristine clothing. I'm not saying that looking good is a bad thing, but it's nice to wake up on a morning & not have to jump out of bed & put your face on so as not to anger the Mr.

I totally understand my aunty was/is the minority though.

I'll be the first to admit I'm hugely narcissistic...I don't see it as a flaw though. :lol:
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:07 am

^wow, that's pretty harsh!
I agree about the narcissism though. I think I'm pretty narcissistic in some ways, but at the same time I just can't be bothered with makeup on a daily basis. Even though I also love putting it on and playing with color etc... some days I do wish I wore it on a regular basis even... I just don't.
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:26 am

I very rarely wear make-up, I'm rubbish at doing it. I wish I could find the right foundation for my skin tone, they are always a bit too light or a bit too dark, I have terrible skin so would love to cover it up. It's not just spots but when the spots are gone they leave lovely scars on my face big dark scars that take months to go.
Kanadeta senritsusae, Mou todokanai yumeno ato
Facebook

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:49 pm

I go without make-up all time, all over summer i stopped wearing make-up 0_0
I normally only wear make-up if I'm going out or if i feel like dressing up for a change lol
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:41 pm

I wear it pretty much every day unless I know for a fact Im not going to go anywhere, and even then sometimes if I get bored :P
I never used to wear it that much, its just something I got into I think. Especially when my hair is bright or Im wearing dreads, I feel my face looks very imbalanced if Im not wearing make up.
Alot of the time, people start asking me if Im ill when I dont have any on :/

I have friends who refuse point blank to go out without any on, I dont feel that pressure, its not something I need to do, rather something I like to do. Make up is a part of my routine and it makes me feel good about myself. I have my basic slap down to about two minutes worth of work. I feel like I can wear jeans and a crappy shirt, but if my hair and make up are done I still feel great and confident.
That is pretty much vanity I guess, but I think ive come to terms with the fact that thats just how I am. I am vain, but its more than that I think, make up and hair and clothes are a hobby, they are an outlet for creativity and expression of self.

purple13

Post by purple13 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:24 am

I've only worn make up maybe a handful of times in my entire life! lol I actually have no idea how to put it on when I had make up on someone else put it on for me and I have bad skin so would like to know how to put it on so I could cover up when I go out somewhere at least :)

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:35 pm

I wear make up some days. But most days I don't wear make up at all.

Ambar

Post by Ambar » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:40 am

I dont have time to wear makeup, with the school run, 4 month old baby, dog and housework, it just doesnt happen! If im off out somewhere special ill put on tinted moisturiser, mascara and eyeliner....maybe some lip gloss if im feeling special, but thats it. I havent done full on makeup for at least a year maybe more and i dont miss it at all! In fact, i resent putting it on cuz i hate taking it off again :lol:
I need crazy friends so i feel normal for once! ;)

Really quite likes mini Cheddars :D

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”