Comb mascara

Miss_Panda

Comb mascara

Post by Miss_Panda » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:34 pm

Has anyone used mascara that has a comb? Would you say that it's easy to use and separates the lashes, or just makes matters worse and makes the lashes clump together?

Anyone got any recommendations as well, I'm looking for something that will separate my lashes and make them longer and fuller. I'm currently using Clinque lash doubling mascara, it's ok to use the best mascara I've used so far but i wanted to try a different kind :)
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

ScarletLady

Re: Comb mascara

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:40 pm

I've had one before (I can't remember for the life of me what brand though) and I didn't really think it was that good. Nowhere near as good as a brush. I'd just get a comb and comb them through afterwards - that's good for getting rid of any clumps and really defining the lashes
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:45 pm

ok then, so just a cheap lash comb yea?

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:47 pm

Yeah try that - I have one that was free in a cheap brush set and it's fine. Makes you look all wide eyed and sparkly --> :shock: :D
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:03 pm

lol i used to have loads of them when i was younger but now i don't own any :o i will have to go and buy one ^^

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:14 pm

I've had a few mascaras with a comb instead of a brush and I've had a few mascaras with the regular spiraly brush and a comb on the end. I've also tried the mascaras with the weird rubbery...whatever you'd call it.

I didn't like the comb one because I found that I'd often end up with weird clumps. It was alright if I had a little comb near me to brush out my lashes, but generally speaking wasn't worth it.

I didn't like the rubbery ones at all. I found they gunked up my eyelashes and didn't do much else.

When it comes to the traditional spiral kind, that's my favorite. I buy a kind that has a grooming comb/brush in the handle and find that to be the best route to go. :D

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”