Split enders hair tool

blackmetal_mosher

Split enders hair tool

Post by blackmetal_mosher » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:43 pm

I'm not sure if this should go here, but please move it if it is in the wrong place =)

This is just to ask if anyone has tried the split enders that are available? I really want to try them but I'm too scared to! So I was just wondering if anyone has tried them already and if so, what were the results like? Here is a link. Hope it works!

http://www.splitender.com/

Thanks
Hello, I am in right now, but there is someone I dont want to speak to. If you are leaving a message and I don't answer the phone, then that person is you...

mandy

Re: Split enders hair tool

Post by mandy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:45 am

that....looks like it has serious potential to butcher your hair. not to mention, $60 for something you could easily do at home with a pair of scissors? seems like it's not worth the money!

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:47 am

My friend had one before and loved it! However the only way to get rid of split ends for good is to cut them off. When that trims them down the hair is still split so it will just grow back again. These are only a short term fix.

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:03 am

mandy wrote:that....looks like it has serious potential to butcher your hair.
I thought that! Maybe it does work, but I don't like the look of it :lol:

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:06 am

It reminds me of the device they have at the start of Wayne's World.

It's sucking my will to liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!
"I have had many troubles, most of which never happened." - Mark Twain
"Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

In the ranks of the Indecisive Army..

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:47 am

Ice_Pick_Abortions wrote:It reminds me of the device they have at the start of Wayne's World.

It's sucking my will to liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!
:lol:

PARTY TIME!!! EXCELLENT!!! WEEEOOOWWEEEEOOOOOWEEEOOOO
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

blackmetal_mosher

Post by blackmetal_mosher » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am

mandy wrote:that....looks like it has serious potential to butcher your hair. not to mention, $60 for something you could easily do at home with a pair of scissors? seems like it's not worth the money!
Well I was kind of thinking that, but after seeing it used and demonstrated it made me feel a little more confident, but I'm still a little nervous. They may be $60 on here, but you can get them for £20 on Amazon, which I would imagine is the real thing.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/removes-split-w ... B001YYN7PG

I was just wondering if anyone had used them before and what they thought. I guess I am chicken!
Hello, I am in right now, but there is someone I dont want to speak to. If you are leaving a message and I don't answer the phone, then that person is you...

mandy

Post by mandy » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:12 am

Last edited by mandy on Mon May 28, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kaned_ferret

Post by kaned_ferret » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:20 pm

I used to have one of these and I really liked it, really easy to use and didn't do anything bad to my hair at all. In fact the only reason I stopped using it was that my sister managed to break the cover to it and then to try and hide her gaffe she glued it back on, leaving me unable to empty the damn thing after that! Then I cut all my hair off :) But definitely no hair butchery from it. I think I shopped about and got mine for about 15 quid. Not as great as visiting the hairdresser of course, but at the same time, I couldn't afford one so it suited me down to the ground :)

blackmetal_mosher

Post by blackmetal_mosher » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:49 pm

Thank you for that :D It's good to hear. I just don't trust hair dressers any more. They always cut off too much and my hair doesn't grow very quickly. It's taken 8 years just to grow to the length it's at now. I trim my own hair just a little bit, but I would like to go to the hairdressers as little as possible. So glad to hear though that it doesn't butcher your hair!

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”