Hair dye that doens't last long

Yuddith

Hair dye that doens't last long

Post by Yuddith » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:16 am

Strange question maybe, but I'm looking for a hair dye that doenst last long ;).

I need it in this colour:
Example is Directions Plum.

What type of hair dye lasts worst? Directions, Manic Panic or any diffirent kind?

This because of my dread install the 2nd of augustus, and I'm getting wed at the 2nd of september ;). And by then, the dreads will be gone again and I hope the purple dye will be (mostly?) gone too.

Also, tips regarding getting rid of hair dye like this are also welcome ;). Note: I'm not planning to dye my hair after the purple, I want my natural colour back ;).

Elstaro

Re: Hair dye that doens't last long

Post by Elstaro » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:03 am

Ive tryed I dont know how many brands of dye and the two that stand to mind as the worst or quickest fading are, Jazzing Sheer Haircolor By: Clairol Professional this stuff is really cheep and you can find it at most beauty shops I would say the fuscia plum or racy wine would be close to that color. I dont think anythings ever faded on me as quick as Jazzing.
and Manic Panic the color seems to last a bit longer (not much) but the run off is just terrible and makes a mess of the tub. I havent tryed Directions so I cant compare.

Edit-
as for tips to get rid of color I recomend using head and sholders shampoo
I poo rainbows ^_^

Yuddith

Post by Yuddith » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:18 am

I've never heard of Jazzing Sheer Haircolor, not sure if it's sold in the Netherlands?

Looked at the website, it looks indeed really cheap :lol: http://www.clairolpro.com/files/swatche ... atches.pdf

Head&Shoulders....now you mention it!

I've had pink/purple hair at one point, kinda like Joss Stone's:
and I used Head&Shoulders at that time, because of some dandruff I had, and I lost the colour indeed very quickly (which was at that time a bad thing ;)).

Never figured it was the (probably agressive?) shampoo! :shock:

SuperCollider

Post by SuperCollider » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:36 am

I used violet from directions, and it literally only lasted 2 days before fading and was nearly completely gone by a week
Directions purples are really crap :P

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:47 am

Stargazer normally doesn't last too long for me
"I have had many troubles, most of which never happened." - Mark Twain
"Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

In the ranks of the Indecisive Army..

Moody108

Post by Moody108 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:20 pm

Directions plum purple lasted about 6 weeks in my friend's hair, don't use that if you want it gone quickly! Stargazer is crap for purple
Never trust someone who's gonna live forever, they don't have enough to lose
Formerly known as kikky_lou

Yuddith

Post by Yuddith » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:12 pm

Thanx for the tips ladies! Stargazer is a brand I can buy in the Netherlands, so I'm going for that one, as seeing it has the worst reviews ;)

mrshennejoyner

Post by mrshennejoyner » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:16 pm

Yuddith wrote:Thanx for the tips ladies! Stargazer is a brand I can buy in the Netherlands, so I'm going for that one, as seeing it has the worst reviews ;)
Let's be optimistic and say "best bad reviews" since that is what you were going for. (^_^) Haha.

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:04 pm

I don't totally understand what you're going for...

If you want your hair to be purple you'll have to bleach it to get any kind of decent color. You won't be able to put the purple OVER natural (and undamaged) dark hair and have it show up well...

lucelasticx

Post by lucelasticx » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:44 pm

If you want to use head and shoulders ( shudder at the thought) to strip the colour the citrus one is by far the best to get rid of colour either that or vosene but please give it a deep conditioning treatment after. ;)
NVQ3 Trained Hairdresser and extensionist freak.

Yuddith

Post by Yuddith » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:18 am

Pallidity wrote:I don't totally understand what you're going for...

If you want your hair to be purple you'll have to bleach it to get any kind of decent color. You won't be able to put the purple OVER natural (and undamaged) dark hair and have it show up well...
Sorry for the late response.

The colour has to be a dark purple, and I know that such things turn darker in my hair. But it's a good thing, because they have to match my dread-set that is also a very dark purple.

Bleaching is a thing that I'm never going to do again. Did it twice in my life, to have fancy colours, but the result in the end was a mess that actually should've been cut off :oops:

Yuddith

Post by Yuddith » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:19 am

lucelasticx wrote:If you want to use head and shoulders ( shudder at the thought) to strip the colour the citrus one is by far the best to get rid of colour either that or vosene but please give it a deep conditioning treatment after. ;)
Thanx for the tip. My hair was indeed rather dry and tangly after use, but I never gave much thought to it at that time ;). Will do now! :)

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”