Help: Opaque Nude Lipstick/Very Pale Lip

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Re: Help: Opaque Nude Lipstick/Very Pale Lip

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:35 pm

Might be a silly question, but do you fill your lips in with a lip liner before putting the concealer on? If you don't, that should help it stay put and if you do, well then I'm no help :p You can get pale liners from most big make up brands and I think you can get one that's "clear", although I've never seen what this actually looks like.. I'm not sure if you want to spend money on a brand like MAC lipstick but they have several good nudes
"I have had many troubles, most of which never happened." - Mark Twain
"Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

In the ranks of the Indecisive Army..

halocaustic

Post by halocaustic » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:36 pm

A good nude is MAC's Honeylove. It's a slightly peachy pink nude but it's matte so it covers pigmented lips quite well.

The best way to get it to stay is to use concealer, blot, apply powder, blot again, apply the lipstick with a brush in buildable layers and blot in between then apply powder to set very lightly. Works a treat :)
http://www.halo-wear.co.uk
Hair extensions & customised t-shirts

halocaustic

Post by halocaustic » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:39 pm

Oh, and exfoliate your lips beforehand and moisturise them....that helps every lipstick stay on better!

If your lips tend to be dry, MAC's Myth is a satin finish so it's less drying. It's also more neutral than Honeylove.

Lady Gaga in Honeylove:

A random girl wearing MAC's Myth:
http://www.halo-wear.co.uk
Hair extensions & customised t-shirts

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:24 am

When I want a really pale lip I do as Halo suggested. Exfoliate the crap out of my lips. Let dry. Apply heavy coverage concealer. Apply powder in my skin color. Let set in. Apply concealer again. More powder. Let set in. A tiny bit of any ol' chapstick on top so it doesn't drive me insane. Out the door.

That's what I did here. Obviously for Halloween... but it's the same idea. Also, ignore the black on the interior of my lips, that's ToothFX.

guest123

Post by guest123 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:18 pm

Madii, you temptress. I'd damn near forgotten about OCC lip tars and now you go reminding me of their opaque gorgeousness. I've just bought Petty Beige, Hush, Grandma and Conquest, so I can show you what Conquest looks like on my fair, yellow-toned scottish skin.

edit: obviously, when they turn up :D though I have a shipping notification so they're on their way.
Last edited by guest123 on Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:14 pm

http://www.revlon.com/en/Revlon-Home/Pr ... stick.aspx

revlon do a matte lipstick in nude, the quality of their matte lipsticks is really good, very longlasting too
plus they sell it at boots and superdrug so you can always check out the colour next time you're out and about :)

edit: just found this video which is probably more useful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uwJt3-TFA
/emmy x

DrPino

Post by DrPino » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:43 am

I agree with Haulocastic, most of my nude lipsticks come from MAC. MAC has so many nude tones in different finishes you can't go wrong with them! If you go in and ask for a nude lipstick they'll have a hay day helping you out.
I favor Myth over every other one! But I do also use Beigeland which is a frost finish, and High Tea which is a Lustre.
Sorry I don't use more nudes... I stick with a few and layer with varying lip glosses. Often pale pinks simply to add shimmer and leave the lips very nude.

faticeira

Post by faticeira » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:16 pm

MAC's Fleshpot is a lipstick that is exactly what you described. I use it and it almost erases your lips.

foximusprime

Post by foximusprime » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:29 pm

i use myth and high tea when i go for the nude lip look. I also sometimes use a tiny bit of concealer to tone my natural lipshade down a little.
blah blah blah

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:30 am

MAC is definitely your best bet. Since they have so many different nude shades, I'd recommend going to an MAC store and asking for their advice on which shade would best suit your complexion. Be sure to ask about how drying they are as well.
More human than human

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”