Preferred Mineral Make up?

Nanou2

Preferred Mineral Make up?

Post by Nanou2 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:42 pm

Last summer I tried mineral make up from everyday minerals.

I loved it!

Normally in summer my make up gets all gross and starts sweating off :( The powder I bought worked a treat.. stayed on and didn't get all greasy.

I also like a make up that covers up any blemishes.. I was surprised the powder actually did this and still looked light and natural.

Anyways...

I was wondering what's your favorite mineral make up brand? Any other sugestions?

Thanks!!

VixenSingsBlack

Re: Preferred Mineral Make up?

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:33 pm

Bare Escentuals. I know, I know, lots of people don't care much for BE, but I sure as heck do. I've tried a few other brands for powdered mineral concealer and powdered mineral base, and they sucked hard. From BE I do base, concealer, and I <3 their "radiance" powders too. Eyeshadows, blushes, etc I'll buy from most any mineral makeup company. Favorite for that would be Pallidity and Pure Luxe.

Link to Bare Escentuals

Link toPallidity

Link to PureLuxe

Maybe we should all include links! That way we can check out each other's fav companies.

..::AtomicLox::..

Post by ..::AtomicLox::.. » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:05 pm

I am loooovin' on Young Blood's mineral foundation.
I perspire a lot, it's gross. This stuff stays and it's gorgeous! AND I can find a color that actually matches my tone, which you know, never happens!
The mind and hands behind Imp And Petal dreads!

http://www.impandpetal.etsy.com
http://www.facebook.com/ImpAndPetal

iamdolleyes

Post by iamdolleyes » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:53 pm

i like meow cosmetics

their website is not that great, but they have a huge color range and i find the formulation is just nicer than everyday minerals (which is also what i started with..but color could have matched a bit better,i am pale and yet very olive and very hard to tone match!)
i like my coffee black
just like my metal

Velvet_Volcano

Post by Velvet_Volcano » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:10 pm

I buy from The All Natural Face on etsy and from her website. I think they are great products personally, she does mineral foundations in lots of different shades and will make one specially if none of them match your skin tone. She does very good sample packs of the foundation - 10 baggies for something insane like 25 cents and sends you even more samples alongside that. Very good coverage and tonnes of other mineral products, I buy all my makeup from her now. :)
If your right hand is causing you pain, cut it off, cut it off.

VelvetVolcano Jewellery & Accessories:
http://www.facebook.com/velvetvolcano.jewellery

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:53 am

Awh, I've been included :)

When it comes to mineral foundation, the only stuff I'll use is Aromaleigh. She's got two different formulas and TONS of colors, plus I really like her orange-based powders (to pat under the eye).

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:17 pm

I checked Meow out and they don't look like they do my prefered shade. I think I am a cool ivory.. some of the meow ones just looked to orange and I can't find one that looks perfect.

Ooo I like the Aromaleigh site. I think I'll order something soon.
I'm still confused with the colours though.. I wanted to try and order without samples first. Everyday minerals I can see my perfect colour. Aromeleigh the cool I would pick still seems to be too pink.

I really want to try something new.

Can anyone tell me if a mineral veil is actually any good?

I have never used one. What does it do?

Thanks!!

:]

WalksWithStrangers

Post by WalksWithStrangers » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:08 pm

I use coastal scents mineral veil powder, I actually really like the powder - it mattifies, gives you a glow and just generally gives you a nice 'finished' effect. My only qualm would be the fact I cant get a good colour match, they do a light, a medium and a tinted. Like iamdolleyes I'm a tricky pale-olive complexion, and the light makes me look too pink and the medium slightly orange, I've not tried the tinted.
But, I think if you're looking for an ivory tone the light would be fine for you, it's only because my skins so weirdly yellowy that it turns my face pinkish, you can order a sample for $2 and a little goes a long way x.
Texas Chainsaw Teletubby: Po!

Intra_venus

Post by Intra_venus » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:19 pm

I loved the Urban Decay one, and previously I bought the universal coloured one, which was yellow toned and made my skin amazing!

Then I bought it again recently, and they dont do the universal one in this country anymore, so I bought the palest one, and it just seems very cakey and orange.. Im gonna use it up but not buy it again :(

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”