cream to fade stretch marks

Moody108

cream to fade stretch marks

Post by Moody108 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:07 am

I've tried searching and not come up with any suggestions.

I have red stretch marks on my thighs and hips from sudden growth and weight gain, I'm going on holiday in summer and ideally I would like them to be silver by then. can anyone recommend me anything (from within the uk) that will help the fading?
Never trust someone who's gonna live forever, they don't have enough to lose
Formerly known as kikky_lou

BossyLibraryLady

Re: cream to fade stretch marks

Post by BossyLibraryLady » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:12 am

I hear Bio Oil is good, as is vitamin E oil. My personal favourite is good old Palmer's cocoa butter. My baby-induced stretch-marks aren't too bad, but I've certainly seen an improvement in them.

Fake tan isn't really my thing, but I hear it's also good for reducing the appearance of stretch marks and scars, as well as cellulite.

Moody108

Post by Moody108 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:04 pm

thankyou, i'm very pale so fake tan isn't really an option! I'll have to try Bio Oil and see what happenes

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:51 pm

They do fade themselves...eventually. I used bio-oil when I was pg with Korben & didn't get anymore stretch marks than I already had. I also used Therapy? from lush.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:49 am

I've been using Palmers Cocoa Butter and coffee grounds (I only use the grounds once per day). It's been helping quite a bit, though it is not the most pleasant feeling...having coffee smushed all over =P I haven't checked out Bio-Oil but I think I might need to...

pixychick

Post by pixychick » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:44 am

I suggest Bio Oil which is pretty good I'm still waiting to see the difference.

My mom always used something called Concha Nacar its from Mexico it means Oyster shell powder or mother of pearl powder but its a lotion.
Most grocery stores have it, its a white jar with a pink twist off top. Its much cheaper than bio oil and I used to use it for scars as well. I need to go get some from the grocery store, I dont know if they have it in florida though.
I found it on amazon, I guess they updated the packaging.
http://www.amazon.com/Concha-Nacar-Perl ... B000XPE6SE

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:01 pm

Bio-oil is good. I can't find it on the website, but Boots at least used to do a stretch mark reducing cream that was AMAZING. One application and the vast majority of stretch marks were nice and faded.

I find that just keeping my skin moisturised fends off stretch marks nicely, though

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:04 pm

I'd say Palmer's cocoa butter as well as it's much cheaper than Bio-Oil - Palmer's also do a pregnancy/stretch mark specific cream which is really good and only slightly more than the standard cocoa butter :)
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

guest123

Post by guest123 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:53 pm

*deleted*
Last edited by guest123 on Sat May 09, 2015 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Love Bunny

Post by Love Bunny » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:19 pm

My stretchmark fading regime is!

Aloe vera gel in the morning
few hours later bio oil
afternoon - bio oil
evening aloe vera gel again
before bedtime mix a few drops of teatree oil in with the bio oil and use like normal!

its a pretty strict regime but its worked wonders for me! Ive done it everyday since I have had my little girl (2 months) and the results have been DRAMATIC.

:D

x
~Jess ♥

International Secret Sweet & Savoury Swap! Sign Up HERE!

iamdolleyes

Post by iamdolleyes » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:55 pm

i like plain cocoa butter, like the type you get from soap making supply shops

what really helps though is having one of those wooden massagers that come in spa kits..it's got little wooden knobbly bits on a rubber base? uh..

http://www.sweetmemorybaskets.com/img/p ... s_1788.jpg

like the thingy on the left!
i like my coffee black
just like my metal

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:35 pm

Vacuum massage (Banka) can also help quite a bit. The vacuum increases blood flow.

You oil the skin (Bio oil would be great) then you use the cup to create a vacuum by squezing the top.. when your skin is sucked up a bit you then move it over your skin.

Good for cellulite and stretch marks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTICELLULITE-VACUU ... 45f0cc6a8e

http://cgi.ebay.com/VACUUM-MASSAGE-CUPS ... 27afd584c0

WalksWithStrangers

Post by WalksWithStrangers » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:03 pm

My cousin used Bio-oil and a Boots specific stretch-mark cream (I'm so sorry I cant remember the actual name of it :oops: ) after she had her little girl and her results were amazing!
Texas Chainsaw Teletubby: Po!

M1ssBehaved

Post by M1ssBehaved » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:31 am

Because your skin grows and heals from the inside and creams and stuff applied to the outside don't soak down to the bottom layers (which naturally fall away anyway) I'd go with the boring old stuff that keeps your skin healthy - drinking water, lots of sleep, heaps of fruit and vegies, not smoking and drinking...

But because your holiday is soonish and you already have quite pale skin, I'd try skin bleaching to get the reddish colour to tone down a bit... Could work, if only temporarily

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:29 pm

ScarletLady wrote:I'd say Palmer's cocoa butter as well as it's much cheaper than Bio-Oil - Palmer's also do a pregnancy/stretch mark specific cream which is really good and only slightly more than the standard cocoa butter :)
I think they make area-specific stuff, too. I have tummy butter and I've had some that was specifically for the thigh area if I remember correctly.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:25 am

I think generally, it depends on the type of stretch-marks you have and how you came by them as to how effective creams could be. I stretch-marked badly during my first pregnancy and have used Palmer's (or an identical cocoa-butter) ever since.

The smaller, finer marks on my thighs and boobs faded and shrank quite quickly to be now virtually unidentifiable. This sounds like the type of marks you have so I would say palmer's. As you live in Leeds, you could go into one of the afro-beauty stalls in Kirkgate market and buy an identical product called Hollywood Beauty cocoa butter. You get a massive salon-size tub for around a fiver. I keep mine beneath the radiator in the bathroom so it is someway softened then you only need a tiny bit. Its also a cracking after-sun ;)

I have to say though, the deeper stretch-marks i got on my belly and my hips are still there despite all my efforts. They are identifiable to the eye and also to the touch and are still at a level where I tend not to bare my skin. My daughter is to turn 18 next month. Not the most comforting interjection, I know, but the truth nonetheless.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

christbarr44

Post by christbarr44 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:16 pm

Yes i agree with you
Purchase pure cocoa butter from a health food store. Common brands found in regular retailers are not usually pure--check the label. The cocoa butter will be rather hard and solid, so grate some with a microplane or cheese grater, then heat it in a double boiler or a glass measuring cup in the microwave. Once the melted cocoa butter has cooled to just warm, gently smooth it over your belly. This is very soothing, smells wonderful, and helps Mom's belly feel better if nothing else!
Thanks for the sharing....

Paradisaea Decora

Post by Paradisaea Decora » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:36 pm

Definitely agree with previous suggestions of Bio-Oil. I've seen 2 very convincing cases myself and have heard of many more. I did use it myself as well as I've been blessed with a rather large bosom and when I lost a load of weight I wanted to keep my skin supple and reduce crepey, wrinkly bits etc. The bio-oil worked wonders and also helped me avoid stretch marks on them when I put some of the weight back on. A friend of mine used it on her loose skin after losing a lot of weight and also on really prominent red stretchmarks on her tummy. After a year of constant, regular use, her skin was alomost back to normal. She'd gone from a UK size 18 to a Uk size 8. Having seen that I recommended it to a girl I worked with at Lush a few years back as she's been left with some heinous marks on her tummy after pregnancy and a badly bodged caesarian. Her tomach looked miiiiles better after even 2 or 3 months constant use of the stuff.

So yeah, I love it. And it smells nice too :D This may be TMI territory but I use it when I get tender boobs around that time of the month cuz it's lovely on my skin and it's nice to massage with XD
Sacré Coeur Jewellery & Adornments
http://www.sacre-coeur.co.uk

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:16 pm

For those that live in the UK

I bought some Rescue Oil.. it looks exactly like bio oil but is MUCH cheaper.

The ingrediants of rescue oil is simply Almond oil and some other oil (sorry forgot)

I use it on my face sometimes.. its good for any after breakout blemishes.

Moody108

Post by Moody108 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:59 pm

I bought Bio-oil today, I feel like a right ninny standing in my kitchen rubbing my thighs! I hope it will pay off though...I'm not going on a beach in a bikini with big red lines down my legs!

Also, thankyou everyone for your suggestions. I hope other people can find use in this thread too :)

miss_mortisha

Post by miss_mortisha » Wed May 05, 2010 11:58 am

Palmers also do a coco butter oil as well, which i used while pregnant.. that and Bio Oil i think worked the best for me :o) x
"never be afraid to reach for the sky, for if you fall, you'll land among the stars"
Mummy to Alyssia Teia Hope - 17th Jan 2010

Moody108

Post by Moody108 » Thu May 06, 2010 3:05 pm

I've been using bio-oil with Palmer's cocoa butter (specifically for stretch marks) and drinking loads of water. I've seen results, I hope by june they'll be more faded

blackmetal_mosher

Post by blackmetal_mosher » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:41 pm

There is also a much cheaper alternative. It's exactly the same stuff but you can get it from the £1 shop and also Wilkinson's. That's UK though. Don't know about other countries.I can't remember the name, which I know is not useful, but I will have a look and see if you think it's any good. I've used it. I liked it.

**updated**

Found a link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Healthpoint-Res ... d_sim_by_2

It is just under £5.00 from here, but as I mentioned earlier I picked it up from Poundland. It really is as good as Bio-oil.
Last edited by blackmetal_mosher on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hello, I am in right now, but there is someone I dont want to speak to. If you are leaving a message and I don't answer the phone, then that person is you...

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:46 pm

coco butter never helped me... i'm a tiny girl and both times i was prego i blew up fast. used coco butter rediculously... like 6-8 times a day and i didnt do much for me but i do want to try the bio oil i read about it in a parenting mag and it says it does wonders... after reading this i might have to go buy it now... i have a stretched belly button :(

cyberloxshop

Post by cyberloxshop » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:52 pm

blackmetal_mosher wrote:There is also a much cheaper alternative. It's exactly the same stuff but you can get it from the £1 shop and also Wilkinson's. That's UK though. Don't know about other countries.I can't remember the name, which I know is not useful, but I will have a look and see if you think it's any good. I've used it. I liked it.

**updated**

Found a link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Healthpoint-Res ... d_sim_by_2

It is just under £5.00 from here, but as I mentioned earlier I picked it up from Poundland. It really is as good as Bio-oil.

Ahhhhh I was trying to remember where I had got mine from! I have yet to use it properly (purely from lack of time). I did try a little bit and it felt very greasy, but whatever gets rid of stretch marks can feel how it likes if you ask me! I think Bio Oil have a cheek charging that much if Rescue oil is just as good! :)
http://www.Cyberloxshop.co.uk - Hair supplies & Cyberlox galore!
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cyberloxshop - come say hi!
We love fake hair, bright colours and everything cyber! :D Oh and, lots of creating!

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”