Tattoo Creams!

stephanieee

Re: Tattoo Creams!

Post by stephanieee » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:48 am

my tattooist recommended that i use pawpaw ointment.
it worked quite well for me.
has anyone else used pawpaw on their tatts???
actually i'd really lovee a caramel milkshake... do they make those here???

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:36 am

^^ Not on tattoos (as I currently have none!) but papaw ointment is great for... Well, pretty much everything. A friend of mine used some when she ran out of bepanthan and it worked really well.

EDIT: Oh, you'll want to use one without petroleum in it!
More human than human

MissPlastik

Post by MissPlastik » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:35 pm

all my tats are fine and i used the original nivea moisturiser on them :)

the only one that faded and went mingy was the one where i was advised to use prep h on it -__-.

uhh

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:44 pm

Bepanthen nappy rash cream :)

I used to use a diif one, but can't remeber the name of it, but the new tattoo arteest suggested bepanthen & it's awesome!!
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

CancerHybrid

Post by CancerHybrid » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:53 pm

i use aquaphor for like a week and then once it starts to peel i switch to aveeno lotion since it is hypoallergenic
*Manda*

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:13 pm

Now that I have tattoos, I can confirm that pawpaw ointment is great stuff. No itching or anything, and healed up in a weak :)
More human than human

brandalynn

Post by brandalynn » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:22 pm

My sister and I use bacitrin or triple antibiotic ointment for the first couple of days, then switch to Tattoo Goo. After the tattoo is FULLY healed, I continue with whatever lotion smells good at the time, as long as it has no petroleum (yuck) or alcohol. The more natural and beneficial to the skin, the better. She has a full color piece from knee to ankle that didn't fade a bit. (She uses unscented lubriderm). The color piece on my arm didn't lose any color, either. Not saying this is the way to go for everyone, it's just what has worked in my family. Your skin type, ink, etc. has alot to do with what regimine is the "right way" for each person.

edited to add: Be aware of what soaps and such you use for cleansing. I stay faaaaaar away from bar soaps. I usually go with dial or safeguard in a pump bottle. It's antibiotic hand cleanser, but I'd rather go that route than to rub a nasty bar on an open wound.
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes" --- bumper sticker---

cherrygloom

Post by cherrygloom » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:32 pm

I only ever clean my tattoos with hot water, and use Bepanthen when healing. No itching, no rashing, happy tattoo :)

heartofdarkness

Post by heartofdarkness » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:52 pm

kikky_lou wrote:My friend recommended Preparation H, does anyone have any expereince with this?
My tattooist recommended this when I first got inked. I used it on my first two tattoos, and apart from going slightly flaky during the healing process, both tattoos healed up nicely within a fortnight. I switched to Savlon for my other two tattoos though, no flaking this time, and these too healed up nicely.

..::AtomicLox::..

Post by ..::AtomicLox::.. » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:15 am

I used Aquaphor on my latest piece as suggested by my (amazing) artist. I was quite skeptical, as ever other ink I have EVER gotten heals terribly. I have really irritable skin and tend to be a hardcore scabber. Aquaphor was AMAZING and I will never ever use anything else ever again!! I was healed up in a week (we're talking almost my entire bicep from shoulder to elbow, here) with VERY minimal itching/scabbing. Three cheers for that!
The mind and hands behind Imp And Petal dreads!

http://www.impandpetal.etsy.com
http://www.facebook.com/ImpAndPetal

cyberloxshop

Post by cyberloxshop » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:51 am

http://www.lariche.co.uk/tattsplatt-tattoo-balm/

Is this any good for after care? I always wondered....
http://www.Cyberloxshop.co.uk - Hair supplies & Cyberlox galore!
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cyberloxshop - come say hi!
We love fake hair, bright colours and everything cyber! :D Oh and, lots of creating!

miss_mortisha

Post by miss_mortisha » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:57 am

I use bepanthen - never get much scabbing with that!
"never be afraid to reach for the sky, for if you fall, you'll land among the stars"
Mummy to Alyssia Teia Hope - 17th Jan 2010

toxic trish

Post by toxic trish » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:09 pm

bepanthen is the best cream you can use on a fresh tattoo my dad and sister both own there own studios and the only cream they will reccomend is bepanthen :i2:
warning this post may/will contain bad spelling and lots of grammatical error's

well its shocking I AM MALE

Vex88

Post by Vex88 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:17 pm

I agree with using bepanthan nappy rash cream..

For me it cut down the itchyness.. neither of mine scabbed at all.
Kirsty x
There's no place like 127.0.0.1.
---------------------------------------
Facebook
Etsy!
DysfunctionDesigns on Facebook
Artfire!

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:00 pm

My first 2 I used savlon because that was what was recommended by my tattooists. The 3rd one I used bepanthen as this was recommended by the tattooist. She did say, "if you have been successful with something else in the past then use that by all means", but also went on to say she would not touch up tattoos that hadn't been cared for by her recommendations. I was dubious cause my sister's tattooist absolutely recommended against it, and I wasn't sure whether to just go with what I knew. But I decided I trusted her more and would try her suggestion. And I must say, I preferred it to Savlon. No scabbing. No itching really. Perfectly healed tattoo in about a week (of course I know the actual healing still went on for ages after, but i didn't need any more after care after a week or so). I will use bepanthen again in the future whatever the recommendations of the tattooist.

Much as I love lush and normally only use lush products I wouldn't put anything perfumed on a tattoo. Looking after a tattoo is a medical procedure not a cosmetic one
telling it like it is!

pinky

Post by pinky » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:36 pm

i'm curious.. where i work we use zinc oxide lotion for diaper rashes and skin irritation. i wonder if it'd work well for tattoos as well? (this might be dumb question but i've got one tattoo that i use a&d cream on and it faded horribly >.< so i'm looking for alternatives.)

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 pm

Well, bepanthen is a nappy (diaper) rash cream, so I guess it is similar.

Apparently a new thing to recommend it coco butter. IDK, I'll stick with Bepanthen tbh.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:05 am

AdrenaLynny wrote:I always use eucerin aquifer. Its slightly greasy at first, but within minutes it is normal, but hydrated for hours without reapplication. It cuts my healing time in half, but I guess its because its also used for radiation burns and stuff too.
^ that is the gift all my tattoo artists have always sent me home with hahah.

prett much anythingalon the lines of a petroliem jelly or diaper rash cream is best. eucerin aquifer was used on my babies bottoms too lol

fragglelox

Post by fragglelox » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:22 am

i used to use "tattoo goo" for mine, but then i moved to aus and couldn't find it anymore... so i just used vaseline!! just kept it super hydrated and covered in goo... almost NO scabbing at all!! it worked great and my tattoo color is STILL brilliant, even after a few years!

Intra_venus

Post by Intra_venus » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:41 am

Apparently Lush Ultrabalm is good... I'd be happy to try that cos I can use it as lip balm if I don't finish the pot on my tatt... I'm probably starting my sleeve early next year so I need something kinda convenient and not as horribly sticky as bepanthan...

hellcity

Post by hellcity » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:06 am

fragglelox wrote:i used to use "tattoo goo" for mine, but then i moved to aus and couldn't find it anymore... so i just used vaseline!! just kept it super hydrated and covered in goo... almost NO scabbing at all!! it worked great and my tattoo color is STILL brilliant, even after a few years!
If you're in Australia, Bepanthan is the thing. Well, it's what I've always used & been recommended anyhoo ;)

http://www.epharmacy.com.au/product.asp ... tment+100g
I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff... and I want in. - Homer Simpson

blog + violet.crime design facebook + personal facebook

fragglelox

Post by fragglelox » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:41 am

hellcity wrote:
fragglelox wrote:i used to use "tattoo goo" for mine, but then i moved to aus and couldn't find it anymore... so i just used vaseline!! just kept it super hydrated and covered in goo... almost NO scabbing at all!! it worked great and my tattoo color is STILL brilliant, even after a few years!
If you're in Australia, Bepanthan is the thing. Well, it's what I've always used & been recommended anyhoo ;)

http://www.epharmacy.com.au/product.asp ... tment+100g
yeah, i really felt the vaseline was the best thing its so cheap and very similar to tattoo goo. a lot of my friends swear by bepanthen. i guess its good to go with what you're familiar with. i healed in two weeks flat! wheee

fragglelox

Post by fragglelox » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:43 am

oh, my tattooists recommended bepanthen too. :) you know, after i think about it, i started using vaseline because i was in japan when i got mine done, and thats all they had for me. ha.

hellcity

Post by hellcity » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:26 pm

Hey, if vaseline healed that fast, that's pretty awesome! ;) Never even thought of using it TBH!
I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff... and I want in. - Homer Simpson

blog + violet.crime design facebook + personal facebook

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:57 pm

vaseline is not recommended for ear stretching... Is that because it is easy for bacteria to breed in? If so, I wouldn't use it on a tattoo
telling it like it is!

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”