reactions

Moody108

reactions

Post by Moody108 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:33 am

i've just been in town and two black men have come up to me (seperately) and asked if they could touch my hair and said it was gorgeous ^_^
one had long dreads and one was bald, i generally get positive reactions from people about my dreads though

what have other people experienced with their dreads?
Never trust someone who's gonna live forever, they don't have enough to lose
Formerly known as kikky_lou

LittlePinkFaery

Re: reactions

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:00 am

do you have real dreadlocks? you haven't said. If not, I need to move this to general hair chatter

Moody108

Post by Moody108 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:56 pm

i do :) they're orange lol
Never trust someone who's gonna live forever, they don't have enough to lose
Formerly known as kikky_lou

ANNloses

Post by ANNloses » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:15 pm

I don't have a full head but the people who do see them like them.

punicorn

Post by punicorn » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:56 am

Yeah, people usually don't say much about my hair, but when someone says something about them, it's usually that they like them. People usually comment more on my facial piercings rather than hair.
I've had a couple people ask how they were made, out of curiosity. But reactions have been pretty good overall :)

vintagesoul

Post by vintagesoul » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:59 pm

i would say that i haven't gotten too many reactions about my hair when it's out of extensions, mostly because it's so short - BUT whenever I do it's mostly positive.... in fact someone asked me about them the other day (my naturals) and he asked me "how do you do that?" i told him i gave up brushing....lol... that it's bad and evil... haha... but then i told him i really did neglect my hair, then i permed it to get the locks to tighten up...

i even had one guy just ask me about them the day before that, and he said "i've always wanted to do it, but my hair is curly..." i told him he had perfect hair for dreads! then i told him it involved growing his hair out. he didn't seem to understand that part for some reason...lol...
i'm makin headlines like a courdory pillow...

dumpsterbunnie

Post by dumpsterbunnie » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:37 am

i have blackdreads down to the middle of my back
they are verry round and even it took a verry minimal amount of work ive had em for about five
years. when i started them i wore my hair in two pony tails so i would still have a good part.
over the years i have put many rings some really old ones i wore till they broke off my finger and in the hair they went i have studs and some spine bones (verry small mammal) a big silver spider and a small padlock. all of my dreadlocks have at least two pieces of shiny ornamentation
of some way or another. So as you might guess they get a bit of areaction crazy ladies and children always walk up and start touching them and asking questions. once i bloodied my nose with them at a concert when i hit myself in the face lol. And when i got booked in jail it took at least a half anhour an two cops and a pair of wire snips to get my hair de ringed (Good times Goodtimes) i once had a jamacan lady come running out of a salon to check out and complament my hair ( a verry high complement in my opinion) Its like a scrapp book but better because its shinny .
emm

Return to “Real Dreadlocks”