Need some advice, first time dreads.

Baneli

Need some advice, first time dreads.

Post by Baneli » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:56 pm

Hey eveyone, It's been a very long time since I have been on this fourm so sorry if I am in the wrong section. Before I left I was playing with the idea of having real dreads for when I went travelling, I decided against have anything at all due to not having that long.. turned out I travelled for almost 2 years and it would have been perfect time.! So I am going for it now and need to get some advice rolling.!

I want real natural dreads, that is my long term aim I guess, I have seen so many amazing and stunning dreads that throws me towards biting the bullet and doing everything I can to make them work (cleaning, maintance and what not) Trouble is I have never done anything like this before, I have no experience with hair and am way out of my comfort zone when it comes to this.!

My hair comes down to just above my shoulders by maybe an inch, I have not had it cut or tidyed in around 2 months and has been growing for the best part of 6 months. Would this lengh be long enough to get the ball rolling or would people suggest putting in some extentions for the time being before they are a greater lengh?

Maybe you think it would be a better idea to let a professional start them off.? is that a good idea? maybe I could get some real usful tips from them and help me get them going. I know a lot of this comes with time and practise, most of you girls/guys have been doing this for years and know exactuly what to do.!

Basiclly any advice has got to be of vaule to me, so anything would help.! Think I should go for it myself? I live in Cambridge, UK so if anyone knows anyone around here that could help maybe? or knows of a good salon that does dreads?

Looking forward to the replys
Daniel
Live & Let Dread!

NirvanaMarie

Re: Need some advice, first time dreads.

Post by NirvanaMarie » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:55 pm

You are at a great length! You can add extensions to the end if you feel they are too short. We have a huge tutorial section on dreadlocks that may help you get some clarity.
Check them out and if you have further questions, just ask!
http://www.doctoredlocks.com/category/h ... _tutorials

Return to “Real Dreadlocks”