Extending real dreads with roving?

Phoenix

Extending real dreads with roving?

Post by Phoenix » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:37 pm

I had a customer ask if I could make her some SEs with the top unfelted so she could extend her real dreads. Would this be possible? Is there any advice you could give me to give her about any possible limitations of extending with roving?

FASD

Re: Extending real dreads with roving?

Post by FASD » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:42 am

I have seen this online, a long time ago. The wool appeared to be felted directly into the dread. I suppose as long as she had enough raw roving to integrate with her dreads it would work. I think it would work a lot better if you took a length of raw roving, felted it into her dread, and then continued felting it past the length of her dread...if that makes any sense.

toxic trish

Re: Extending real dreads with roving?

Post by toxic trish » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:30 pm

i no this is old but my friends have very skinny short dreads and was adamant on extending with wool

i didn't recommend it but she wanted to do it, so i used a latch hook to pop some wool through the bottom of the dread and felted that one. We then we wrapped all the roving and her actual dreads with some more woo,l they look very real and have felted fine with her natural dreads. We were worried it may rot and look bad but they have been in about 4 months and don't smell/look bad and have felted perfectly.

before these extensions she had wraps on some of her dreads for about 9months.

hope this helps
warning this post may/will contain bad spelling and lots of grammatical error's

well its shocking I AM MALE

Return to “Real Dreadlocks”