when making extenders..

xalternmommyx

when making extenders..

Post by xalternmommyx » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:15 pm

So i think im gunna take the plunge for real dreadlocks....
but i dont want lil nubbies so i was planning on doing human hair extenders, now when buying the hair whats best for a low cost?
i've seen soo many different styles of hair on ebay and such. i recently looked at "spanish wave" it looks like something that will knot up nicely, should i look for something of that sort or are there things to stear away from? i almost bought some hair but i noticed it was only 70% human, so i should look for 100% right? i dont plan to dye them, if im going real im going for a natural look :)

any other tips would be appreciated, i havent found much here besides the installing them tuts.

earthymamawitch

Re: when making extenders..

Post by earthymamawitch » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:50 pm

ECW Human hair is awesome, knots up well but doesn't have the horrid plasticky feel of yaky or other cheap human hair so it blends better into non-kinky hair types. Doctored Locks sells it as well as someone on ebay - I've bought from both :) I can give you linkies if you need 'em.

Hope this helps!
Jenn
Let me get my hands in your hair!http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1560079231
Knotty & Nice All Natural Dread Products http://www.etsy.com/shop/KnottyandNice333

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:06 am

I usually go for the cheap choice for dread extenders, as you are only planning to mash it up and that tends to work best on cheap hair. I have successfully made permanent extenders out of high-grade futura fibre hair for folks who are coscientious objectors to human hair and they have worked fine, as they were never going to be dyed. I have also had good results with yaki, though others do say different.

Personally, any hair that has been coloured (pretty much all the human hair on the market) will knot up easily; just ask anybody who wears loose human extensions. An extra process on the product, such as a wave, would knot up well but is not really necessary for your purpose. I'd go with the cheapest one in the best colour for you.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:25 pm

thanks girls!

Return to “Real Dreadlocks”