Need Dreadheads with experience to share :) (pic)

Flower In Furs

Need Dreadheads with experience to share :) (pic)

Post by Flower In Furs » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:26 am

So I've been wanting to dread my head since I was like 6 years old, I always just imagined being this beautiful old woman with darker skin and long icy snow white dreads past my butt, and recently i started thinking...well how am I even gonna be that way if I never start some dreadies! So now I'm on a mission and I need your help! (to be that kick ass old lady you always wish you'll be someday)
I know this question has already been asked by a thousand noobs (only because I have actually read through the posts), but I Want to know if my hair is too short for dreads and also just some basics. I saw in one post that someone posted a link for a website that had accurate information, but my computer won't let me go their >.< and I have looked at a ton of sites, some say use wax some say don't some say short hair is fine, some don't....so I just want to hear it from people with experience!

This is my hair now (sorry for the horrible picture in advance, my camera is broken so I had to take it from my mobile)

(my dimples we're so long ahhh!)

and it's a little bit longer now, it's been three or four months since that photo was taken,
I want thin dreads, and i don't care if they stick up!! i think that's kinda cute :)
Layla (layla'slocks) is my hairdresser, and I am thinking about going to her, but it's soooooo expensive (which i totally understand, tons of labor!) and i have no monies :!:
So if I could do them myself it would be a lot cheaper and maybe more rewarding?
any helpful tips or links to some credible dread tuts for shorter/ish hair would be great!!
and if I am posting this in the wrong section, or it's already been answered somewhere else then I would appreciate a suggestion on where to go! ^____^

note: my hair is semi-curly, I am african american so it's more kink then curl, it's been died so many times that most, or almost all of it is fried fried fried! and if i dread it i plan on leaving my bangs out. Just in case any of that info is needed<3
unicorn unity

NaturalistDesigns

Re: Need Dreadheads with experience to share :) (pic)

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:16 pm

Definately message woolhairhabit for advice :)

Flower In Furs

Post by Flower In Furs » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:48 am

unicorn unity

Zira

Post by Zira » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:16 am

And go to:

http://www.livejournal.com/tools/memori ... p_dread_up

Lots of information that will make your dreads healthy and awesome.

Flower In Furs

Post by Flower In Furs » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:17 am

ah thank you <3
unicorn unity

tankgirlkerry

Post by tankgirlkerry » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:40 pm

I have recently dreaded my hair and made my own permanent real hair dread extensions because I wanted them long and I'm impatient.
D.I.Y. :)
'I should think that if people were to get the wrong impression of me, the one to which you so eloquently refer, it wouldn't be the wrong impression in the slightest.'

earthymamawitch

Post by earthymamawitch » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:53 pm

I second the advise for DIY. Your hair is just about long enough to dread, and your hairtype will make it easier, but you will have sonic the hedgehog hair for a bit - little sticky uppy dread nubs - since it's so short. You can also extend them, it's really not that hard to do. I'd say go for it! Life is too short to not rock the dreadies for as long as you can :lol:

Jenn
Let me get my hands in your hair!http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1560079231
Knotty & Nice All Natural Dread Products http://www.etsy.com/shop/KnottyandNice333

Return to “Real Dreadlocks”