safe to dye or bleach first?

xalternmommyx

safe to dye or bleach first?

Post by xalternmommyx » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:53 pm

i have some fading out hot pink bits and am wanting to dye some of it turquoise... would i have to lighten the pink out? will the turquoise turn a funky color if i dye right over the pink?

UrbanHairDesigns

Re: safe to dye or bleach first?

Post by UrbanHairDesigns » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:16 am

I would try lifting the pink out first. I wouldn't use a white out kit or 40 vol. developer. If it looks just like a hint of pink, I wouldn't worry about it.
http://www.ModernSophistication.com
Tailor made hair additions

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:23 am

It would probably go purple-ish over pink. To get turquoise to really pop your hair needs to be as white as possible. That's not say it won't look nice...I just doubt it will be turquoise.
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Sharaya

Post by Sharaya » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:59 am

Depending on how faded the pink is, putting blue over it might make it a little greener then you would like. But I like a more greenish teal. :)

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:49 pm

yeh it will turn a purply colour over the pink, when i done mine turqiouse i managed to lift my pink out with bleach but there were some bits that i couldnt get out, so when i put turqoise pn, it came out lushous on the bleached bits and a gorgoues purple colour where the pink was :D
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:44 am

trippytroll wrote:yeh it will turn a purply colour over the pink, when i done mine turqiouse i managed to lift my pink out with bleach but there were some bits that i couldnt get out, so when i put turqoise pn, it came out lushous on the bleached bits and a gorgoues purple colour where the pink was :D
mine turned out a little funky... since ive been dying the same part pink for so long i guess the hues are just embedded into my hair lol. parts were a beautiful purple others had a red shine in lighting. but those seemed to be the only parts the turquoise took to.the other areas it just didnt want to stick to, in the end i just mixed some of the old pink dye with the turquoise and got this pretty navy/purple/blue color and stuck with that :)

Return to “Styling and Color”