mega blue?

fishyadienlee

mega blue?

Post by fishyadienlee » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:41 am

its a manic panic color that you can only find at hot topic.
it was on clearance so i picked it up without really thinking and now i have some questions.

1) has anyone used it before? do you have pictures?

2) is it purple based? in the bottle it looks purple but i tested it on an extension i had laying around and it looked almost green/blue :i6:

i looked to see if anyone else wrote about it but no such luck :i3: any help would be amazing!!!

brandalynn

Re: mega blue?

Post by brandalynn » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:03 pm

If it was on clearance at Hot Topic, chances are it is waaaaay past it's shelf life (especially if it was greenish blue on the extension). Be careful and definately do a strand test on your own hair before plopping it on your whole head.
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes" --- bumper sticker---

Beeunique

Post by Beeunique » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:47 pm

We've sold Manic Panic for many years now but this colour was never included on any of the product/price sheets we have recieved so we don't have any pics of it. A quick check on Manic Panic's website however shows it listed in their new squeeze bottle style as being for sale so it looks like either a new shade (not yet available in the UK) or is only for sale in US (or at Hot Topic only as you mentioned in your post). I have emailed for more info and will let you know :)

the colour can be seen here on Manic Panic's site - http://www.manicpanic.biz/store/p/1222- ... ottle.aspx
It has a small swatch and say's it's similar to Shocking Blue (pics of that can be seen in our gallery - http://www.hairdyegallery.co.uk/mp-shockingblue.html)

Hope this helps
x
Beeunique - alternative hair dyes & accessories (incl special effects)
Hair Dye Gallery - over 3000 alternative photos & hair dye reviews

fishyadienlee

Post by fishyadienlee » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:38 pm

thanks! :i2:

i was going to mix it with some other blues i have thinking it was a purple based blue but now that i saw the test i did on my extension i dont know what base color it is lol!

im thinking of just passing it on to a friend who wants just a solid color.

I really don't want to have to worry about it messing up the other colors i plan on plopping on my head XD [my plan was lime green in the back and blue bangs] :D

Beeunique

Post by Beeunique » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:31 am

Just a quick update that I heard back from Manic Panic who confirmed that this colour is for US sellers only :(

They also said that if a dye is in the bottle format like this then it is created for US sellers and if it is in the regular round tubs then it is ok to be exported outside the US.
Beeunique - alternative hair dyes & accessories (incl special effects)
Hair Dye Gallery - over 3000 alternative photos & hair dye reviews

Return to “Styling and Color”