good semi permanent box dye? help me cover bleach damage!

iamdolleyes

good semi permanent box dye? help me cover bleach damage!

Post by iamdolleyes » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:55 pm

I know..BOX DYE..so bad...

anyway. I recently (yesterday) dyed over my faded/diluted atomic pink hair with an auburn/brown dye. it came out pretty red, and somewhat (althugh not noticably) uneven - this was not a surprise

in the past when dying over atomic pink with brown, i found it came through and you could see pink shades, which was not something i wanted this time. so my plan was to do a permanent reddish so that the red would make nice with the pink, then go over it with a brown semi perm after...as i believe semi perm will act a little better over bleached hair. am i correct?

i am ok with the color bring reddish still, i just wish to even it out a little more as it grows...and i really dont have the time to go to sally's or anything, so box dye it is

any recommendations? i have read that garnier nutrisse is good, but it doesn't really specify whether it is semi permanent? or possibly any other recommendations as to what to do..i did a protein treatment awhile ago, but it was mostly on the ends i just got cut off so would doing one again be a good idea? (been about a month) as my hair is still pretty damaged about 3 inches from the roots (now it brushes my shoulders)

i would be so happy for any thoughts, thanks!
i like my coffee black
just like my metal

pinkbeautykiller

Re: good semi permanent box dye? help me cover bleach damage

Post by pinkbeautykiller » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:27 am

i haven't came across any good box dyes that you can bye at your local walmart,etc but if you have a hot topic or spencers near you go there and get Special Effects, i've used it on my hair and its amazing and smells awesome!
You can also buy it online.

toxic trish

Re: good semi permanent box dye? help me cover bleach damage

Post by toxic trish » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:42 pm

on the protein treatment i recommend doing them twice a week and removing as much of the damaged hair as possible, i had a similar problem with the condition of my hair so i took 4 inch off and i use protein treatments twice a week to help maintain at least the look that my hair is in good condition?

hope this helps x
warning this post may/will contain bad spelling and lots of grammatical error's

well its shocking I AM MALE

Return to “Styling and Color”