hair dry, but not yet light enough.

jesslikesnerds

hair dry, but not yet light enough.

Post by jesslikesnerds » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:28 am

Hey guys,
This is my first post on the forum after being somewhat of a lurker :D
My problem is that I've bleached my hair 3 times now, over the span of about 3 weeks.
I've been using treatments and argon oil and deep conditioners and all, getting my ends pretty healthy in between bleaches.
I did what I thought would be the final bleach today (trying to reach a 613-60) but the bleach (30vol with blue hi-lift powder, after an initial 40vol and a second 30vol) only lightened my hair around 1-2 levels!
It seems every time I bleach my hair lightens less than the time before.
Is it possible my hair has like become less bleach-able?

I've using De Lorenzo silver shampoo, Nak argon infused blonde conditioner, and Igora Iceflower toner for the colour and
Argon oil, Revita Foam, Henna & Placenta treatment, Nak end repair, Scwatzcof (*sp?) treatment for very damaged hair and a detangling spray for the condition of my hair.

I'm now left with quite peachy orange hair and don't know how to remedy this..

Advice?

Miss Cydonia

Re: hair dry, but not yet light enough.

Post by Miss Cydonia » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:21 pm

the first bleach is always the most dramatic-and then yes, the progress appears to slow. This happened to me. I actually went from black to blonde- started with 40vol-took my hair to dark ginger, then 2 weeks later another 40vol-took it to light ginger, then a month later 30vol-and my hair was still yellow/peach. It took a further 2 bleaches at 30vol to get it to light blonde and lots of toning. The last 2 bleaches were very far apart because at this point my hair was a mess.

"the strength of us all could demolish a wall-
but you chose to walk through the door"

*Miss Cydonia-Muse fan since 1999 (keeper of the Arpeggios)*

MissLove

Post by MissLove » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:29 pm

It takes time.. You'll have to spot bleach the orange bits without bleaching the already blonde bits, then when you get to an all over yellowish colour rather than bleaching just tone it x

NirvanaMarie

Post by NirvanaMarie » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:06 pm

Toner might be the best way to go at this point, it will take most of the orange out. At least so it's tolerable until the next bleach.

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:10 pm

My agony too! (I posted about this the other day!)

I have discovered on the internet lifting your hair colour with vitimin C. Maybe a lot know about it but I didn't. It is kinder to your hair than bleach.

You take 1 part Vitimin C and 2 parts clarifying shampoo, mix together, put on your hair and leave on for 1/2/ 40 mins.

It works- I was astounded, You will need to do it several times, each time will lift a little. It maybe enough to not need to bleach again, only tone.

It will dry your hair a little.

You could then try a bleach bath (google it- I had to as I am a bleaching novice compared to other hair related stuff!) It is basically a mix of bleach and shampoo- so it is diluted.

Good luck, here's hoping we both get the colour we want without losing hair LOL! I am about to condition with warmed olive oil tonight and do another Vic C shampoo at the end of the week!

I have bright platinum at the front and most of the back but persistent peach colour through the back!

MissLove

Post by MissLove » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:13 pm

wow thats crazy! my only concern would be overloading it with vit c..

i know too many protein treatments can make the hair snap off.. wonder if thats similar? x

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:18 pm

No idea- it isn't protein though... at best I assume it is the acidity in it that makes it work ( as it is found in citrus fruits). I *think* it just makes a really weak bleach of sorts!

It has certainly worked! I mean, not like whacking a bleach on your head! but then my last spot bleach with 30% did about the same as the Vic C- I think I would rather go with Vic C till my hair recovers a bit- I was sceptical to try it but it was money well spent!

It is supposed to work to lighten any hair colour!

MissLove

Post by MissLove » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:24 pm

cool! well im sure its much better than bleach!

jesslikesnerds

Post by jesslikesnerds » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:47 am

Thanks so so so much guys for all the help!
I'll defs be trying the vitamin c thing, sounds similar to the 'hair lightener' they sell at health food stores.
I'll be giving it a little weak bleach bath tomorrow night just to even out the tone, maybe 10/15 mins max.
I ordered micro rings in 27/613 mix from AliExpress ( talked the seller down to only $140AUD for 200 1g strands 24" long!)
which will match what I have once it a bit more even ( I did a bit of a shifty and got a free consult at one of the over priced extension places in melbourne and they matched my colour for me!).
They'll be here in a week so hopefully they match well!

thanks again guys!

MissLove

Post by MissLove » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:57 pm

haha, bravo on the colour match!!!

Return to “Styling and Color”