Bleach/tint that's gentle on your scalp?

callitkarma

Bleach/tint that's gentle on your scalp?

Post by callitkarma » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:58 pm

So, I got my hair bleached at college yesterday, 20vol developer, from a mix of 7/8-ish roots to 10-ish highlights (if that makes sense), and it burnt so much on my scalp that I had to get it off before it was done processing...

So my question is, am I screwed when it comes to blonde hair or is there bleaches or even tints that are more gentle on the scalp? My plan was to go white-blonde but if I can get away with using a high lift tint (that in my eyes seems better for the scalp than bleach, but I might be wrong) I am happy to settle for a bit darker, ashier blonde.
Another question whilst I'm at it, anyone knows a good ashy light blonde colour to put on top of this? It's not orange or super yellow, more of a pale yellow with some darker bits. I don't want to screw it up more than I had, haha.

I used to be white blonde for about 4 years (haven't bleached my roots in about a year though), it always used to tingle and burn a little bit but usually stopped after a bit and it was never this bad, so it's not like it's the first time my scalp is in contact with bleach. My scalp is a bit dry/sensitive but I don't have any major problems with it, like any skin conditions or wounds or anything. I looks fine now, no blisters or sores, but it hurts if I touch it, like, if you've worn your hair in a ponytail all day and then let it down.

Sorry if this is a bit unclear, my hair never turns out the way I want it, haha :(

rivetlicker_

Re: Bleach/tint that's gentle on your scalp?

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:40 am

I swear by high lift tints to get me past a level 11 from about a 2/3. They don't burn the scalp as much :)

callitkarma

Re: Bleach/tint that's gentle on your scalp?

Post by callitkarma » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:03 pm

Sweet! I'll try it next time then :)

Return to “Styling and Color”