Stained Hair... Is a Bleach Bath my Only Way Out? Damage!!

xdnyhair

Stained Hair... Is a Bleach Bath my Only Way Out? Damage!!

Post by xdnyhair » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:46 pm

Hi guys. So I've been trying to get this strand test (Punky Colour Atlantic Blue) out of my hair for over a month. I've tried almost everything. Clarifying shampoo, chlorine, baking soda, dish soap, laundry detergent, Colour B4, and Color Oops (I didn't really realize they were the same type product and I went through the trouble of buying Colour B4 on eBay!). This green is not really budging.

There are a few more bleach and ammonia-free color remover products I've been interested in trying, but I'm starting to think they're just going to give me the same results (or lack thereof) as Colour B4 and Color Oops:

Ion Color Corrector
Clairol "The Uncolor System" Haircolor Remover (specifically for semi-permanents)
One n, Only Colorfix, and even a
Roux Stain Remover, because it says that it works for the stain on the ends of hair.

There are also a few remover products I've read about that apparently use bleach/ammonia to remove color, so obviously they're damaging. These products are L'Oreal Effasol and L'Oreal ColorZap.

Does anyone know if those products are MORE or LESS damaging than a 20 vol. bleach bath would be? I'd REALLY like to have this color on all over, it was so beautiful and bright the first few days. But I just don't know if it's worth it to damage my hair this much when it comes time to remove it, because I've been working so hard to get it in decent condition so it'll grow... And I figure that if I DO have to resort to using bleach, then I might as well use a higher-quality dye like Blue Haired Freak that stays bright for longer than one wash.

UrbanHairDesigns

Re: Stained Hair... Is a Bleach Bath my Only Way Out? Damage

Post by UrbanHairDesigns » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:11 am

My experiences with color remover on my own hair, is that they're just as damaging. Also I have herd (but don't know if it's true) that color removers are for like two or three days after color. Bleach is probably the only way.
http://www.ModernSophistication.com
Tailor made hair additions

hellsbells

Post by hellsbells » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:56 am

Colour B4 is for permanant dyes not semi so it wouldn't have done anything. A 20 vol bleach bath applied to the effected area for a couple of minutes should remove the colour pretty harmlessly; it's how I strip semi-perm's from my hair :)

xdnyhair

Post by xdnyhair » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:31 pm

hellsbells wrote:Colour B4 is for permanant dyes not semi so it wouldn't have done anything. A 20 vol bleach bath applied to the effected area for a couple of minutes should remove the colour pretty harmlessly; it's how I strip semi-perm's from my hair :)
Ok good, this is really comforting. Thank you!

I'm so nervous, but I'm gonna do a lot of research on bleach baths before I try.

crisgryan

Post by crisgryan » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:26 am

VANISH color remover, get one of your hairdresser friends to get it for you from Salon Centric/Mally's.
I seriously swear by it, I've pulled off so many colors and managed to get them out just after one treatment and it isn't damaged AT ALL. Of course you have to lighten it after but just once.

Before

After without lightening.

Blue always takes longer to remove so if anything I could recommend neutralizing it with a neutral, if your blonde like 6,7, or 8N.

Return to “Styling and Color”