Brands/Colors that will wash out COMPLETELY?

xdnyhair

Brands/Colors that will wash out COMPLETELY?

Post by xdnyhair » Sun May 29, 2011 7:32 pm

Ok, so while most people are looking for a brand that will stick in their hair, I need one that I can be sure will wash out totally without staining. In other words, I want to avoid bleaching my hair or using a color-remover to remove leftover color. Basically, I don't want to damage my hair more than I have to.

I'm currently using Manic Panic's Cotton Candy Pink (diluted) and it washes out completely in a matter of weeks leaving me with clean bleached hair. Can I achieve this with blue at all? I heard that Crazy Color and Stargazer are meant to be very temporary and wash out fully, but unfortunately I can't get it in the US (shipping's expensive!) Does anybody know anything about Adore dye? It's a semi-permanent that I keep seeing in my local BSS. What about Punky Color?

This is my ideal blue:

I think it's Directions Atlantic Blue. Thank you so much for looking!

MrsEss

Re: Brands/Colors that will wash out COMPLETELY?

Post by MrsEss » Sun May 29, 2011 8:03 pm

It depends entirely on your hair.

Blue won't bleach out of my hair, it sticks. I've used various dyes, stargazer (is actually rubbish) Directions & SFX. All of them stick, however some people cannot get them to stay. The only way is to try & then you'll find out.

If you want that blue your hair will have to be white first.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

xdnyhair

Post by xdnyhair » Sun May 29, 2011 8:09 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:It depends entirely on your hair.

Blue won't bleach out of my hair, it sticks. I've used various dyes, stargazer (is actually rubbish) Directions & SFX. All of them stick, however some people cannot get them to stay. The only way is to try & then you'll find out.

If you want that blue your hair will have to be white first.

Do you know anything about what using a filler before dying would do?

Librarynerd

Post by Librarynerd » Sun May 29, 2011 8:26 pm

I was using an SFX red/magenta and it stayed bright forever til I went to Italy and then it washed out completly even when I re-dyed in Italy it only stayed about 2 washes. My theory is it was hard water that washed it out. My tap water at home is unusually soft.

It's just a theory. Don't know if anyone else had had this experience. If it does work maybe washing your hair with mineral water would help remove stubborn colors.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanween23

XXXX I used to be disgusted. Now I try to be amused. XXXX

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sun May 29, 2011 8:59 pm

Red won't stay in my hair. It fades stupidly fast. Everyone is different, every dye is different.

I know nothing about fillers.

Maybe conditioning your hair before colouring will stop it from sticking as it coats the hair shaft, preventing dye from penetrating.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

xdnyhair

Post by xdnyhair » Sun May 29, 2011 11:13 pm

I'll keep that in mind, thanks :) I think I'll give Punky Color a try, it's easily available and pretty cheap. I'll dye a chunk in the back and see how long it lasts!

Couture_Coiffure

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Mon May 30, 2011 12:01 am

My experience with Punky Color is brief, but the reason I stopped using it was because it washed out so quickly - I used a purple.

As for Manic Panic, I have only used Atomic Turquoise, and that definitely eventually washed out almost completely in about two weeks. It was very easy to bleach out the rest without any trace and wasn't any different than if I was just re-bleaching my roots.

Finally, I have used Adore red a couple of times and don't remember it fading out.
Angel de'Vil Designs | Website | Shop | Blog | Facebook

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Mon May 30, 2011 12:24 am

See, I used punky color in multiple shades of blue and it lasted for literally months and never faded to pure, bleached hair. It could be my hair type, different formulation, differences between colors, etc, but I used to order punky color online specifically beacause it stayed fooorreeevvver. :lol:
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

Couture_Coiffure

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Tue May 31, 2011 12:18 am

poxabomination wrote:It could be my hair type, different formulation, differences between colors, etc:
Yea, I would suggest the OP try a strand test to see which brand of color will fade/wash out the fastest/best.
Angel de'Vil Designs | Website | Shop | Blog | Facebook

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Tue May 31, 2011 11:26 am

i wouldnt bother with Crazy Colour, ive recently removed CC Capri Blue because its completely AWFUL to apply and does very strange things to your hair
also, it doesnt wash out completely even with my hard water at home, it fades to a sad looking sewer green colour

ive only ever heard that Punky Colour fades very quickly, and in my experience Manic Panic wont stay in either, but as DSM said everyone is different!

kittykadaver

Post by kittykadaver » Tue May 31, 2011 10:27 pm

I've had good luck with punky color blues staying...i can definitely see it get lighter after so many washes, but still seems to stay blue.
adore always seemed to fade really fast for me, although i don't know if it would completely fade out.

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:31 am

kittykadaver wrote:I've had good luck with punky color blues staying...i can definitely see it get lighter after so many washes, but still seems to stay blue.
adore always seemed to fade really fast for me, although i don't know if it would completely fade out.
maybe I lucked out cause I think I only ever used shades of blue from punky color :lol: . if I had to pick a dye and needed it to fade I'd go with manic panic, but you should definitely do a strand test!
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

Vex88

Post by Vex88 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:42 am

In my experience Fudge paintbox washed out completely in a few washes. I used the dark purple one. Its not that cheap though.
Kirsty x
There's no place like 127.0.0.1.
---------------------------------------
Facebook
Etsy!
DysfunctionDesigns on Facebook
Artfire!

iddylove

Post by iddylove » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:53 pm

dont use adore if you want it to wash out! that stuff has awesome staying power.

xdnyhair

Post by xdnyhair » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:23 am

Vex88 wrote:In my experience Fudge paintbox washed out completely in a few washes. I used the dark purple one. Its not that cheap though.
Oooh, thanks! I was thinking since it's so expensive it would stay in well.
iddylove wrote:dont use adore if you want it to wash out! that stuff has awesome staying power.
Thanks for the warning!

scandium

Post by scandium » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:35 am

Special Effects Blue Haired Freak washed out completely on my hair in about two or three washes, but I think it's a bit lighter than what you're looking for.

Return to “Styling and Color”