Show off your piercings

Make-up, Outfits etc.
Forum rules
Any show offs - not hair related - go here!

1) You must keep posts PG13.
2) If your pics are likely to be considered a little 'saucy' (sexy / suggestive shots are fine- so long as they are arty!) put NOT WORK SAFE/ NWS in your title.
3) When replying to a post, remember this is NOT the critique section.
4) Comments like " I love your eyes/ my god you are hot" are not helpful! Include them but please comment on the item/s being shown off too!
5) This Show Off section is only for showing off non hair related products, not making sales. Please make no references to eBay, A and P, or any kind of sales. You may offer the same item for sale in A and P, but no cross linking between A and P and Show Off. Show Off should be a place to comment and encourage each other; we don't want Show Off to become a billboard for sellers.
Kittycat

Re: Show off your piercings

Post by Kittycat » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:02 am

toxic trish
Yeah I guess you're right. Even if it does hurt a little, you're at least a bit calmed down. Must feel rather awkward though, having a numb nipple haha :lol:
But still I am really afraid of eventual pain. I fear both pain and needles, so if I do it, I have to give the piercer strict orders not to show me the needle, not to talk or anything, just do it. And my perhaps soon to be boyfriend has to come with me, hold my hand and talk to me, under the whole process, so I wont be all panicky. I am such a kid haha. 19 years old and deathly afraid of needles. Whey.
http://www.kittydreads.se
Like!; Kittydreads @ Facebook

toxic trish

Post by toxic trish » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:50 am

Kittycat wrote:toxic trish
Yeah I guess you're right. Even if it does hurt a little, you're at least a bit calmed down. Must feel rather awkward though, having a numb nipple haha :lol:
But still I am really afraid of eventual pain. I fear both pain and needles, so if I do it, I have to give the piercer strict orders not to show me the needle, not to talk or anything, just do it. And my perhaps soon to be boyfriend has to come with me, hold my hand and talk to me, under the whole process, so I wont be all panicky. I am such a kid haha. 19 years old and deathly afraid of needles. Whey.

You will be fine just keep telling yourself its all worth it in the end :)
warning this post may/will contain bad spelling and lots of grammatical error's

well its shocking I AM MALE

Kittycat

Post by Kittycat » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:58 am

toxic trish
Yeah I guess :) Will contact he who did my septum by tomorrow or so, ask a few questions and then book a day! So maybe in 1-2 weeks I will do it. And have a friend to that wants to come with me to keep me company (and to see boobs haha)
But thanks all of you who answered! You've attacked my fears :)

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:57 pm

Just septum and comfy plugs

Last edited by Nanou2 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jrk2735

Post by jrk2735 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:57 pm

I'm up to 11 piercings!

Septum, lip, nostril

Tongue

My left ear

Aaaand my right ear, with my baby, the industrial I got yesterday.

FrankenBabe

Post by FrankenBabe » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:39 pm

HELPPPPPP!

I just got my septum done 4 days ago at a place i was recomended to, sence i didnt trust the place in my town. The peircer put a RETAINER IN??????? I thought it would be fine at first, but now ive got sores on the sides of my nostrils. I went to the place in my town and they were confused as to why they put a retainer in too, all he could do was try to spread the piece a little so it wasnt so tight. I DO NOT want to take it out and start over :( so do i just wear the retainer up the whole healing time and then put another piece of jewlery in when it heals? what can i do for the peircing in the mean time? ive never even heard of this problem T-T

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:56 pm

My elder brother had his pierced with a retainer, he had to have it hidden for work. He left it up, cleaned it etc as you do with any new piercing & once it'd healed he'd changed the jewellery to something else, or just flip the retainer down. He never had any issues with it & was pierced at 3.2mm
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

FrankenBabe

Post by FrankenBabe » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:07 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:My elder brother had his pierced with a retainer, he had to have it hidden for work. He left it up, cleaned it etc as you do with any new piercing & once it'd healed he'd changed the jewellery to something else, or just flip the retainer down. He never had any issues with it & was pierced at 3.2mm
Maybe its the type of retainer she put in then? Its small and curved inward it hits the sides and is tight. I dont have a large nose either D:

I think i'll wear it up untill the blisters heal. I put neosporen on the blister. :?

starlight

Post by starlight » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:09 pm

I'd guess your nose swelled up after the piercing and that's what caused it to give you sores, hopefully the other place prising it apart will fix that. If it's still not comfortable I'd talk to them about switching it for a different piece of jewellery. I had mine pierced with a barbell, and it was months before I could get a retainer in, it doesn't have to swell much to make that difficult!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:11 pm

My brothers was a U shape.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

FrankenBabe

Post by FrankenBabe » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:13 pm

starlight wrote:I'd guess your nose swelled up after the piercing and that's what caused it to give you sores, hopefully the other place prising it apart will fix that. If it's still not comfortable I'd talk to them about switching it for a different piece of jewellery. I had mine pierced with a barbell, and it was months before I could get a retainer in, it doesn't have to swell much to make that difficult!
they cant put new jewlery in this early (it would be like peircing it again, but with jewlery and that is bad) I do see swelling infront of the hole but not where its blistered, untill now(when i went to clean it and i guess there was a scab and it started to bleed, when it stopped it swelled).

FrankenBabe

Post by FrankenBabe » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:14 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:My brothers was a U shape.
The kind that look like staples? yeah, she gave me a choice between those two and i should have picked that one :( I got a small pincher to put in it after it heals.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:20 pm

Yeah, just be super careful with it for a few days/weeks ;)

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

starlight

Post by starlight » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:20 pm

Fair enough, if it's stopped causing sores then I'd definitely leave it be, but if you're still having problems then I'd say it's better to go through the bother of changing the jewellery and have it heal right, than have it cause sores. If they have internally threaded bars that should ease the discomfort of changing the jewellery.

FrankenBabe

Post by FrankenBabe » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:42 pm

starlight wrote:Fair enough, if it's stopped causing sores then I'd definitely leave it be, but if you're still having problems then I'd say it's better to go through the bother of changing the jewellery and have it heal right, than have it cause sores. If they have internally threaded bars that should ease the discomfort of changing the jewellery.
a picncher does not have any theards, it also has a tapered end(s) which i thought would work best :) maybe im just being paranoid because it my first face peicing!

FrankenBabe

Post by FrankenBabe » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:43 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:Yeah, just be super careful with it for a few days/weeks ;)

oh I will D:

thanks guys for all the help :) i feel a little better now!

Kittycat

Post by Kittycat » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:18 pm

Been a while now since I asked you guys about nipple piercings. Was really scared and all. But you know what? I finally did it today! So happy, and so proud of myself that I did. Wasn't that painful either! Guess when you have made a septum, everything else doesn't hurt at all in comparison haha.
But thanks a lot for the answers you gave me! Means a lot to me :D

PetitPea

Post by PetitPea » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:21 pm

Ah, now that i read you Kittycat, I'm wondering what I'm gonna do tomorrow: I'm supposed to have my septum done, but if the nipple is nothing compare to it.... :i6:

It hurts that bad???

Anyhow, nipple piercings rock!

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:11 pm

PetitPea wrote:Ah, now that i read you Kittycat, I'm wondering what I'm gonna do tomorrow: I'm supposed to have my septum done, but if the nipple is nothing compare to it.... :i6:

It hurts that bad???

Anyhow, nipple piercings rock!

Just popping in to say, I only have one piercing (I live with my parents still unfortunately and they don't take kindly to anything body-mod-wise) and its my septum. My boyfriend and the piercer were both like "ohhhh you're gonna cry like a bitch, its gonna be sooo bad, this is one of the worst ones you could get" and I was like FUCK this is gonna suck. And then... it didn't. It wasn't pleasant, its one of those weird itchy pains that makes your eyes water no matter what you do, but it wasn't bad at all. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but even so, it was my first piercing and it was a breeze! I guess its different for everyone :lol:
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

night_wolf

Post by night_wolf » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:50 pm

It's hard to believe that my eyebrow piercing will be 5 in October! Phew! :lol:

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:14 pm

My septum pinched and felt.. weird, a bit crunchy I guess I'd say. Then it felt like I'd been punched in the nose for a couple of days afterwards :lol:

I found my industrial piercing to be a LOT worse, I quite happily went to get my septum pierced alone but I'm gonna need someone to hold my hand when I go and get my industrial repierced :lol:

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:24 pm

Bomber wrote:My septum pinched and felt.. weird, a bit crunchy I guess I'd say. Then it felt like I'd been punched in the nose for a couple of days afterwards :lol:

I found my industrial piercing to be a LOT worse, I quite happily went to get my septum pierced alone but I'm gonna need someone to hold my hand when I go and get my industrial repierced :lol:
yeah the pinchy sucks and the popping noise is definitely more off-putting than the pain. Mine didn't hurt to bad afterwards though, only when I scrunched my nose or moved the ring or my boyfriend accidentally elbowed me. (that happened so many times I can't even count and it hurts WAY more than actually getting it peirced. I'll admit to almost crying a few times :lol: )

starlight

Post by starlight » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:01 pm

Mine only really hurt for the first week or two when getting dressed, I didn't realise quite how often you catch your nose on clothing :lol:

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:10 pm

starlight wrote:Mine only really hurt for the first week or two when getting dressed, I didn't realise quite how often you catch your nose on clothing :lol:
RIGHT!?! It seemed like my nose was a goddamned magnet for everything hard. I remember this one time the bf thought it would be cute to initiate a pillow fight by hitting me in the face with a pillow.. :lol: Not cool. Although in all fairness the peircer had put it slightly higher than usual and put in a small straight post so you couldn't see it at all so I could hide it from work/my parents til it healed, so I don't blame him for forgetting. But man he felt awful! :lol:

PetitPea

Post by PetitPea » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:08 am

Just popping in to say, I only have one piercing (I live with my parents still unfortunately and they don't take kindly to anything body-mod-wise) and its my septum. My boyfriend and the piercer were both like "ohhhh you're gonna cry like a bitch, its gonna be sooo bad, this is one of the worst ones you could get" and I was like FUCK this is gonna suck. And then... it didn't. It wasn't pleasant, its one of those weird itchy pains that makes your eyes water no matter what you do, but it wasn't bad at all. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but even so, it was my first piercing and it was a breeze! I guess its different for everyone
Well then, I'll give you the feed back when it is done! Probably won't be today though, as my friend is busy and i need to go to Prague for some job...

Anyhow, to go back to nipple piercing, I did mine at a tattoo convention cause it was cheaper (about 15 USD), so I was surrounded by a crowd of people. I guess it did not help me relax! It was done vertically, and when the piercer started, the needle went through, and i thought ''wow, it hurts like sh^%$&^% but now it's done'', and then i looked at my breast... to realise it was only one layer of connective tissue he had passed. I counted 3 more eheh. I had it removed when i went to the hospital, and they gave it back to me too late, so now i don't have it anymore, but i don't know if i'll do it soon.... First the septum!

Return to “Show Off - Everything Else”