The "What I Wore Today" Thread!

Make-up, Outfits etc.
Forum rules
Any show offs - not hair related - go here!

1) You must keep posts PG13.
2) If your pics are likely to be considered a little 'saucy' (sexy / suggestive shots are fine- so long as they are arty!) put NOT WORK SAFE/ NWS in your title.
3) When replying to a post, remember this is NOT the critique section.
4) Comments like " I love your eyes/ my god you are hot" are not helpful! Include them but please comment on the item/s being shown off too!
5) This Show Off section is only for showing off non hair related products, not making sales. Please make no references to eBay, A and P, or any kind of sales. You may offer the same item for sale in A and P, but no cross linking between A and P and Show Off. Show Off should be a place to comment and encourage each other; we don't want Show Off to become a billboard for sellers.
bingeandpurge

Re: The "What I Wore Today" Thread!

Post by bingeandpurge » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:16 pm

It lasts fairly well, depending on how far you let it go before you redye.
Immediately after I dye it it's very very dark, so dark it's nearly black. It takes a week or so for it to lighten up to what I consider the perfect shade, and it stays that way for another two or three weeks. If I had a magic wand this is the stage at which I would freeze time and have that color forever.
Then for the next two months or so it slooooowly fades into a sort of fuschia, pinkish-purple. It's actually a lovely color but I hate pink, so that's about my limit when I redye it. It usually times up with my roots needing to be done anyway, so it all works out.
There are no rules anywhere. The Goddess prevails.
Hail Eris!

http://bingeandpurge.deviantart.com

[Tank]

Post by [Tank] » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:00 pm

bingeandpurge wrote:It lasts fairly well, depending on how far you let it go before you redye.
Immediately after I dye it it's very very dark, so dark it's nearly black. It takes a week or so for it to lighten up to what I consider the perfect shade, and it stays that way for another two or three weeks. If I had a magic wand this is the stage at which I would freeze time and have that color forever.
Then for the next two months or so it slooooowly fades into a sort of fuschia, pinkish-purple. It's actually a lovely color but I hate pink, so that's about my limit when I redye it. It usually times up with my roots needing to be done anyway, so it all works out.
Hopefully I'll be purple for new years xD.
To begin with, a dog is not mad. you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I am mad.

biowaste

Post by biowaste » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:44 am

bingeandpurge, i love your the colour of your hair!

I dressed a bit different today. I am getting sick of wearing jeans and band t-shirts all the time... so this is what i came up with this for a little shopping trip today (big chunky scarf, military jaket, black shirt, black tulip skirt and my new dark brown- almost black boots)....
sorry it isnt great quality and oh yeah... apologies also the wierd foot stance i have going on there too... maybe one day i will keep still :lol:

I really need some inspiration with clothes at the moment.... I am not enjoying most the stuff
I am wearing because its just too predictable... but then i want something that suits me well aswell, like figure wise.

[Tank]

Post by [Tank] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:33 pm

Your hair looks so great in that photo :o
To begin with, a dog is not mad. you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I am mad.

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:05 pm

That hair is truly amazing, biowaste :D

I'm definitely going to have a go with that purple - just a shame I have to wait at least another 3 months-ish.. being pregnant + dyeing hair = baaaaaaaaad! ..apparently. :roll:
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:22 pm

Rhaeniel wrote:That hair is truly amazing, biowaste :D

I'm definitely going to have a go with that purple - just a shame I have to wait at least another 3 months-ish.. being pregnant + dyeing hair = baaaaaaaaad! ..apparently. :roll:
OT - but i know poeple who have dyed their hair while pregnant - me included. apparently your hair can "change" while pregant & dye either takes too well, or not at all. same with perms n stuff. that's all
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:42 am

DreadstarMonstar wrote:
Rhaeniel wrote:That hair is truly amazing, biowaste :D

OT - but i know poeple who have dyed their hair while pregnant - me included. apparently your hair can "change" while pregant & dye either takes too well, or not at all. same with perms n stuff. that's all
Yeah.. I was advised by my stylist not to dye while pregnant because of that - I feel ill if I breathe in any strong fumes atm anyway, so I don't think I'll risk it.
Plus, I'm currently making myself a set of brown-based dreads for winter, so I'll have to wait until spring/summer for the colour change :)
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:23 pm

best not to risk it - i remebered this morning a girl i used to work with dyed hers blonde - but it didn't come out blonde it was a weird purple, grey blue colour - she had to go to the hairdressers & get it sorted out.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:01 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:best not to risk it - i remebered this morning a girl i used to work with dyed hers blonde - but it didn't come out blonde it was a weird purple, grey blue colour - she had to go to the hairdressers & get it sorted out.
Oh, but that colour sounds really cool! :lol:

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:21 pm

hehehehe - she didn't :)

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

PlasticMuffin

Post by PlasticMuffin » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:19 am

This is what i wore today. :mrgreen: I celebrated New years eva at home with my parent, so i didn't really dress up that mutch.
( heh, you can see that parts of my shower have turned red... :roll: )

Sweater, H&M
Skirt, Monki (swedish brand, love their clothes! Dont know if they have stores anywhere else than in Sweden though.)

ANNloses

Post by ANNloses » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:34 am

You look great! What do you use to dye your hair?

PlasticMuffin

Post by PlasticMuffin » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:39 am

Thank you! I use Special Effects and mix their Cherry Bomb and Blood Red. This time i used mostly Cherry bomb with a squeeze of Blood Red to deepen the colour. I really love Special Effect, don't think that i will use anything else again ^^

ANNloses

Post by ANNloses » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:52 am

Awesome! That also explains your shower. :P I only get stained surfaces from SFX.

bingeandpurge

Post by bingeandpurge » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:53 am

I use SFX too (Deep Purple!) and the only thing that stains in my bathroom is the plastic hose to the detachable shower head! It also stains the soapscum very easily but a few sprays of tile cleaner clears it away.
There are no rules anywhere. The Goddess prevails.
Hail Eris!

http://bingeandpurge.deviantart.com

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:18 am

My bath and curtains have turned blue because I use SFX Blue Mayhem :P
More human than human

Amoura

Post by Amoura » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:23 pm

ahahaha ive turned my fridge handle atomic pink. >.<

and ps. the red with the greenish color looks amazing!
~She stepped on Roses and swallowed the Thorns~

crazy_spork_i_am

Post by crazy_spork_i_am » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:55 am

for NYE:

the bag i made myself!

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:22 am

Aha! I wondered when we'd see you again :D
You look like a strawberry cupcake!
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

Jane Doe

Post by Jane Doe » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:06 pm

wow :shock: now that's an outfit.
jungle dread on the facebooks

crazy_spork_i_am

Post by crazy_spork_i_am » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:25 am

CherryLex wrote:Aha! I wondered when we'd see you again :D
haha i went to the mall before heading out to our NYE party and i got so many strawberry shortcake comments :P

an older photo...taken for thanksgiving!

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:13 pm

That strawberry bag absolutely rules!
Did you follow a pattern for it?

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:26 pm

crazy_spork_i_am wrote:
CherryLex wrote:Aha! I wondered when we'd see you again :D
haha i went to the mall before heading out to our NYE party and i got so many strawberry shortcake comments :P

an older photo...taken for thanksgiving!
I love it, I love your outfits and hair, you are quite memorable my dear!

Oh, and the bag is super cute, do you make them to sell or anything? I'd think something like that would go over well on Etsy.
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

crazy_spork_i_am

Post by crazy_spork_i_am » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:52 pm

Rhaeniel wrote:That strawberry bag absolutely rules!
Did you follow a pattern for it?
i came up with the design for the bag after loosely basing it off a backpack i had made years ago. so the dimensions are pretty similar but not quite. i drew the lace pattern out in photoshop to use as reference while i was knitting it up.
CherryLex wrote: I love it, I love your outfits and hair, you are quite memorable my dear!

Oh, and the bag is super cute, do you make them to sell or anything? I'd think something like that would go over well on Etsy.
i'm still debating whether or not to try selling them. right now it's kind of a pain for me to make since i spend so many hours constructing and putting them together. the lining of the bag is also an original design i had printed on fabric. so i know the price would be substantially higher due to materials and time spent and i don't think people would generally want to buy something expensive :/

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:16 pm

PlasticMuffin wrote:This is what i wore today. :mrgreen: I celebrated New years eva at home with my parent, so i didn't really dress up that mutch.
( heh, you can see that parts of my shower have turned red... :roll: )

Sweater, H&M
Skirt, Monki (swedish brand, love their clothes! Dont know if they have stores anywhere else than in Sweden though.)
Damn you're pretty!

I love the eyeshadow. Makes me wonder why I never wore green when I had red hair!
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

Return to “Show Off - Everything Else”