show off your tattoos!

Make-up, Outfits etc.
Forum rules
Any show offs - not hair related - go here!

1) You must keep posts PG13.
2) If your pics are likely to be considered a little 'saucy' (sexy / suggestive shots are fine- so long as they are arty!) put NOT WORK SAFE/ NWS in your title.
3) When replying to a post, remember this is NOT the critique section.
4) Comments like " I love your eyes/ my god you are hot" are not helpful! Include them but please comment on the item/s being shown off too!
5) This Show Off section is only for showing off non hair related products, not making sales. Please make no references to eBay, A and P, or any kind of sales. You may offer the same item for sale in A and P, but no cross linking between A and P and Show Off. Show Off should be a place to comment and encourage each other; we don't want Show Off to become a billboard for sellers.
neonpixie

Re: show off your tattoos!

Post by neonpixie » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:32 am

*,meme,* wrote:

Actually i have found that most places YES you do have to be 18 to get a tattoo. BUT with a parent present or in some cases even a signature or phonecall, you can get one done as young as 12 years old.
That might be the case in canada but in the UK 18 is the law, any younger and its illegal ;)
I have to say, I feel the same way as KelsieStars.
Oscail mo shúile, Nìos mò, Èist è sin, Ar an tsáile snámha, Fol lol the doh fol the day...

KelsieStars

Post by KelsieStars » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:35 am

*,meme,* wrote: Actually i have found that most places YES you do have to be 18 to get a tattoo. BUT with a parent present or in some cases even a signature or phonecall, you can get one done as young as 12 years old.
I'm sure there are places which will tattoo minors, but that doesn't make it legal........

Edit: Just noticed you're from Canada, I'm sure the laws regarding tattooing aren't that different over there.

fustmuffin

Post by fustmuffin » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:26 am

*,meme,* wrote:
OK - I'm sorry about this, and please don't flame me for it - but your dad tattooed you when you were 14???? I don't often get het up about things as I see myself as a fairly calm, and open-minded person, but this has got me quite riled. Tattooing is illegal under the age of 18, and I honestly think that people should wait until this age before going under the needle (perhaps this is another topic for the debate section?); but the fact that a family member flouted this law is quite shocking to me.

Again, I apologise for any offense caused by me saying this.

Actually i have found that most places YES you do have to be 18 to get a tattoo. BUT with a parent present or in some cases even a signature or phonecall, you can get one done as young as 12 years old.
wow! That is so very illegal over here!! You have to be 18 here. We get mums phoning up all the time "My daughter is 16 and wants a tattoo. can she have one if I bring her and sign your book?" NO!!!

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:33 am

*,meme,* wrote:
OK - I'm sorry about this, and please don't flame me for it - but your dad tattooed you when you were 14???? I don't often get het up about things as I see myself as a fairly calm, and open-minded person, but this has got me quite riled. Tattooing is illegal under the age of 18, and I honestly think that people should wait until this age before going under the needle (perhaps this is another topic for the debate section?); but the fact that a family member flouted this law is quite shocking to me.

Tbh if I found out a prospective tattoo shop were working under those 'rules' I would run as far away as I possibly could. Tattooing 12 year olds pssh...desperate for business maybe?

ANNloses

Post by ANNloses » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:38 am

I fullheartedly believe in waiting til you are eighteen for modifications like that. I think it's great that the UK has that law. I see so many underage kids taking advantage of their parents, getting them to sign papers, and ending up with stupid tattoos.

Biostar

Post by Biostar » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:17 pm

Hey here's my tattoo's!

Currently in progress a cover up! I'm getting coloring on Nov 4th! Excited!
Here's a UV tattoo I got done on the last Friday the 13th too! <3

Woo enjoy!

[Tank]

Post by [Tank] » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:22 pm

ANNloses wrote:I fullheartedly believe in waiting til you are eighteen for modifications like that. I think it's great that the UK has that law. I see so many underage kids taking advantage of their parents, getting them to sign papers, and ending up with stupid tattoos.
I completely agree, if I couldve done I would've gone a bunch of really, really, really ugly tattoos last year, I was desperate to get it done, didnt ask anywhere or really try but.. yeah xD
And now I look at my old sketches and laugh :?
So, as much as I want tattoos I have in mind the test of time will prove if I really want them.

I love the UV Friday the 13th tat above me, btw :D
Everyone's are great though.
To begin with, a dog is not mad. you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I am mad.

dreamNcolor

Post by dreamNcolor » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:13 pm

In the U.S. and some parts of Canada, you do have to be 18 to get a tattoo. If under the age of 18, some tattooist's will do it but the youngest is 16 with BOTH parents consent.

I got my frist tattoo when I was 16, a hibsicus flower in the middle of my lower back. Since then, I've added one to each side along with a stone tribal piece underneath it. I need to get mine up here though!! :) All 7 of the little buggers. hehe
I only dream in color.

allsuffocation

Post by allsuffocation » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:31 pm

I remember, I was getting my second tattoo (in February) and as I was discussing with my artist, a girl comes in all, "I want this [whatever it was] on my wrist!" and she says she's only 16, but her mom was outside and the old guy who owns the shop [MAD respect, he's a great artist] comes in and laughs at her and just walks off. The other artist, that was discussing with me, explains to her that they wont tattoo anyone under 18 on the wrists or neck. Then, her mother came in an argued for like a half hour with the guys until Joel [the guy who owned the place] just told them to get out. He was saying he loves tattooing underage girls only because they think it wont hurt that bad, or they want something stupid that he KNOWS they'll regret in a year. [or whatever] But most of the time he refuses to do so, because he's gotten parents callin' up months later like, "why'd you tattoo my daughter, she hates it!" --when he's all, "why'd you sign the forms and DRIVE her to MY SHOP?"

haha, ridiculous.

I understand that entirely. I mean, when I was 16 I wanted like 100 tattoos that I don't want now. So, I understand waiting till your 18. I got my first on my 18th birthday, and it was something I've wanted for five years up to that point, so I decided I was not going to regret it later. I'm glad my parents did not allow me to get tattoos before I turned 18 (among getting 1000 piercings I also wanted while being 13 - 17).

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:39 pm

If I had been allowed to get tattooed when I was 16..... well let's just say I'd have some awful Green Day tattoos right now.....
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

Biostar

Post by Biostar » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Funny thing is here in Canada you have to be 18. My blue wings that I'm covering up I went and got done when I was 18. It was a thing I rushed to go do it too. Now that I'm 20 I finally have money to cover them up with better ones because the first ones were very poor in quality when I had a lot less knowledge about tattoos and local artists and their talent. It takes more research than some think.

If your going to do a tattoo do it right.

Piglette

Post by Piglette » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:04 pm

Killaya wrote:
Piglette wrote:This is my first tattoo, Something I drew myself.
Ive had it for about 4 months now.
Ooh I love this!
Wow thank you haha...
too bad my mom still think's its a Squirrel.

*,meme,*

Post by *,meme,* » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:50 am

i wasnt saying that I personally would get one done, eeek (i dont really plan on getting one till after 20 r so.) i was simply stating that some places will tattoo you at a young age. I dont really agree with it but hey if they dont like it , its there fault in the end.

DoriJersey

Post by DoriJersey » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:19 am

my daughter

daughter's name start of a sleeve had to stop cuz I got pregnant I'm 5 months now

mine --->
Cory is my fiance

this was my first real one

I have a straight edge XXX on the insde of my left ankle i did myself I dunt have a pic
- Dori Jersey

melexa

Post by melexa » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:56 am

well i havent got round to taking pics of my others yet, but this is my most recent, and i thought you girls might appriciate it :P Its on my lower back, sorry about crappy pic, try taking a pic of your own back with a laptop :|

Killaya

Post by Killaya » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:05 pm

melexa wrote:well i havent got round to taking pics of my others yet, but this is my most recent, and i thought you girls might appriciate it :P Its on my lower back, sorry about crappy pic, try taking a pic of your own back with a laptop :|
Oh...my....God!

:lol: I LOVE THIS SO MUCH
There is a hate that burns within
The most desparate place I have ever been
Tried to get back to where I'm from
The closer I get, the worse it becomes.

Orpheus Faust

Post by Orpheus Faust » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:27 pm

Here are mine currently. I've been working on my sleeve for a little over a year(delayed alot because I was homeless at the time, and couldn't afford it). now I have a house(that my tattoo artist actually helped me get), and my tattoo artist is my neighbor. Sorry for the random boob shots. I just took these, and I'm kind of just lounging in bed

My belly gear!

Heres a shot of my tattoo. the darker bits are parts we've gone over and touched up recently

(another view of the word right after it was done)

the most recent bit of touching up, which was the first section we did way back when. we're going over and bolding everything out before we do any more

raeka

Post by raeka » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:23 pm

got this uh...4 years ago. it's band art from Sigur Rós' Ágætis Byrjun album :D
25 days left...
...omgwtflaserpewpewpewpew...

MySpace
// Bebo // VampireFreaks

cyberwench

Post by cyberwench » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:46 pm

Orpheus Faust, I love your circuits and gear!

I have been thinking of getting some gears just under my collar bones, I really like the idea but they would be my first hard-to-conceal tattoo, so I'm gonna wait until I'm really sure, but I'm getting more convinced every day!

Orpheus Faust

Post by Orpheus Faust » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:37 pm

cyberwench wrote:Orpheus Faust, I love your circuits and gear!

I have been thinking of getting some gears just under my collar bones, I really like the idea but they would be my first hard-to-conceal tattoo, so I'm gonna wait until I'm really sure, but I'm getting more convinced every day!
thanks! that would be pretty neat.

I'm thinking about getting two smaller gears on my hip bones, and then once I get more of my upper body mechanical theme done connecting them to the belly gear by putting two larger gears in the gaps between them, so it'll look like clockwork :D

kleed

Post by kleed » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:21 am

:i2:
I got my first tattoo :)
It's only 3 days old now, the photos im putting up are of it day of like 2 minutes after it was done
and well.
I horrible at explaining things simply
so i've attached the facebook BOOK i wrote to tell all my friends why.

before that though
I have to learn to say no!
I almost had you are beautiful tattooed on my foot because i didnt haev the heart to tell the lad doing the print set up that i wanted something else not exactley like in the photo,,
I also felt horrible being like er no... I changed my mind i dont want script i really want the print like I said the first time before yuo suggested script..
That and the fact my friend kept telling me to change the placement / font/ size confusing the hell out of the poor guy lol
then the tattoo artist came out and it all settled down a bit.

the decision to get this and not the design i had planned for about a year was very last minute.
like day before last minute.
Thing is though , my gut told me to do it , and i havent been wrong yet!

alright ill shuddup till after the photos.

and for those of you with too much time

There's this place you see.
It's inside of me.
And all of us who worked or have been there.

It's our little sanctuary ,
of all our memories
and all our love for this place.

I've been there ,
6 summers as a camper
1 as a C.I.T
2 as a counselor

The one summer I didn't go,
I was heartbroken.
And it just fueled my love for that place.

It's a place where no matter who you are
How much your parents make
What you look like
Where you live

You are jsut as special as everyone else

It's a safe haven for kids
A place where they know the only thing they will ever feel is love
Dissapointments are impossible
And you can be who you really are.

This place gives me a feeling in my heart
That I don't get very often ,
only in moments of extreme peace

But there
I spend weeks ,
surrounded by it
surrounded by the fact that I am being a part of these kids lives
I am there to make their experience as enjoyable as it can be

St.Brigid's Summer Camp
or STB as all call it
or simply camp

is a place that no words can describe how much i love it in itself
and love how much we get to grow as indivuduals after our time there
and also how much we get to show these kids that there is a place where everyone can be safe
and its at camp

I just cant explain it any better than this
there is no other place
i feel as loved
i feel as safe
i feel as me.

there is no other place
i am as accepted for all my differences
i can count on others
i can make such a big difference

The tattoo isnt just for me
its for all of us
who've worked or gone there

most of you wont understand
most of you will think im nuts
but , if you ever had the chance to sit on the outdock and look back at the camp and out on the lake
or sit on your cabin steps before anyone else is awake
or sat around the fire with people you never knew you could get so close to
or if you've ever had a child look up at you and say thank you
run to you when they're hurt
or count on you to keep the monsters away at night

then maybe just maybe...
you can understand the feeling I get when I look at my foot.

The same feeling I get when I wear my camp stuff
or look at my bracelets on my wrist
my outdocks and my first ever handmade bracelet
or when I drink from my water bottle still sporting the green ribbon and camp atachments
or when I sleep with my hippo from Kelly.

All those things, will be gone over time,
as much as I want them to be with me forever

All those things can't go everywhere I do

But this

This will be with me forever

Dove tu sai en mondo, solo vedere in tuore cuore e tu posso trovare

wherever you are in the world, just look in your heart and you will find it

I wrot that on my shirt last year

These words on my foot
are lyrics to the only anthem I will always sing as loud and as prous as I can

They will take me back
to those moments I love
to the place I'm safe
and to the feeling camp gives .

Wherever I may be.
Must get back to posting.
And not lurking
Pirates don't lurk, they CONQUER

quietus86

Post by quietus86 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:08 pm

I got 3 now
but got them they are in coller now left side green richt side red like on old sail boots

then this one have to have the birdy's.

Image and jessica rabit. but I wan't collerd starse behind her in lots of difrent collers :D

ANNloses

Post by ANNloses » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:18 pm

Oh my gosh Jessica Rabbit is so well done!

PrettyRaveGirl

Post by PrettyRaveGirl » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:39 am

KelsieStars wrote:
PrettyRaveGirl wrote:ok...my first one, my dad did it when i was 14 then i got it re-done for my 16th birthday...and i still don't like it *groans*

and my second, which i like a lot more haha. this was my 17th birthday pressie to myself...as i love all things Predator and my name means "famous woman warrior"...i thought this was appropriate =]

im in the middle of planning my 3rd and what will probably be my biggest. im thinking huuge feathery angel wings on my back...the planning is taking sooooo long but i know it's going to be worth it. and im also hoping for a half sleeve featuring lillies (my birthmonth flower) and a couple of other bits n bobs lol

hey, don't be sorry. im not gonna flame you for having an opinion =] i get that alot anyway. i should be sorry for offending you.
Formerly Cyanide90210
Lily Rose born on 13th September 2009 =D

PrettyRaveGirl

Post by PrettyRaveGirl » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:46 am

hm...ok im not retracting my apology or anything but having read through the rest of these posts, i kinda fell like y'all are jumping on me...

i mean, i got ONE tiny tatt when i was 14...it's not like i had anything stupid either, it just bores me. and at 14 i could have been doing worse things than gettin ink.
and im pretty sure this is a show off thread...

im not starting an argument or being prissy either...just making my point
Formerly Cyanide90210
Lily Rose born on 13th September 2009 =D

Return to “Show Off - Everything Else”