The purples ive been through so far lol!

Make-up, Outfits etc.
Forum rules
Any show offs - not hair related - go here!

1) You must keep posts PG13.
2) If your pics are likely to be considered a little 'saucy' (sexy / suggestive shots are fine- so long as they are arty!) put NOT WORK SAFE/ NWS in your title.
3) When replying to a post, remember this is NOT the critique section.
4) Comments like " I love your eyes/ my god you are hot" are not helpful! Include them but please comment on the item/s being shown off too!
5) This Show Off section is only for showing off non hair related products, not making sales. Please make no references to eBay, A and P, or any kind of sales. You may offer the same item for sale in A and P, but no cross linking between A and P and Show Off. Show Off should be a place to comment and encourage each other; we don't want Show Off to become a billboard for sellers.
Miss Spookiness

The purples ive been through so far lol!

Post by Miss Spookiness » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:30 pm

So went from bright red to purple.
I broke up with me ex a while back now and the girl he got with looked like a terrible version of me, so i decided to change, was sick of hearing every say how much she looked like me because we both had red hair :roll:

I chose purple for my next colour, bleached out the red, used sfx pimpin purple and for the colour in the first photo. I wasnt happy at all, and it washed out so fast!!!
It went a pink, then faded pinky orange. Absolute rubbish and id never recommend that shade now.
The second photo is how it went, then the one after that is the horrbile wishy washy colour it ended up. Hard to see really

Sooooo hated it pinky, didnt bother to bleach it out, just did my roots and slapped on some directions violet. This came out a lovely colour and covered well, but it would not take to my roots at all! It seemed to just tone them and my roots were a weird grey / lavender colour lol, shame cause the colours gorgeous, and stayed ok :D

Then i got manic panic ultra violet, mixed in a dollop of directions plum to try avoid the grey roots problem and then mixed in some directions violet too, just cause i had some left hehe, and it came out the last shade, very nice i thnk, but a bit darker cause of the plum.
It looks quite pinky in the photo but its not, i think was the reflection of the flash or something.

I definately prefer the ultra violet! Its nice and im so suprised that these purples took to and covered the horrible mess pimpin purple left!

But now i dont think i suit purple and want my red back HAHA, dear o dear!

Pimpin Purple

Washed out to pink

Then to orange / pink

Then used Violet by directions

And to cover the grey roots, ultra violet with a dollop of plum (ignore the pink tone its not actually like that)

Vex88

Re: The purples ive been through so far lol!

Post by Vex88 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:39 pm

I really like the 2nd pic. I think you suit the reddy purples better than the blueish purples... Bright red is a bit harsh, I find.
I used directions plum and SFX deep purple and they stained everything...every time I washed my hair. Did you find this with any of them?
Kirsty x
There's no place like 127.0.0.1.
---------------------------------------
Facebook
Etsy!
DysfunctionDesigns on Facebook
Artfire!

iamdolleyes

Post by iamdolleyes » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:20 pm

you're so pretty :)

I actually like all of these colors on you, have you ever gone turquoise before? I am on a turquoise kick, and I think it would look lovely on you

also, people are dumb...why they need to associate people by hair color alone I have no idea..."oh you have pink hair, you look like pink" (no I don't, not even close) "oh you have blond hair you look like gwen stefani" (uh..nope, not at all) heck, my BF used to have bright red hair, and I had atomic pink and dumb people would be all "OMG you have matching hair how cute" not so much! Wear what you love and filter the stupid with a smile :)
i like my coffee black
just like my metal

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:44 pm

I love the directions colour!! I too have the same issue with it though, I used midnight blue & my roots were always teal coloured :/

I've had people ask me how I get my hair such a lovely shade of purple.....it's SFX blue velvet :o :roll:
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

venus

Post by venus » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:33 pm

I am biased but I love all the purples on you, I started off with pimpin and I'll prob go back to it at some point after my love affair with deep purple is over.
( yes it stains like a bitch on absolutely everything even after a months washing but the staying power is amazing & i absolutely adore the colour, get loads of lovely comments)

So I'd say stick with purple :D

NirvanaMarie

Post by NirvanaMarie » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:53 pm

I actually like the pinky color it faded into, the 2nd pic is my fav :)

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:59 pm

i love the brighter pinky purple on top and the dark underneath. looks very nice.

Miss Spookiness

Post by Miss Spookiness » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:40 pm

iamdolleyes wrote:you're so pretty :)

I actually like all of these colors on you, have you ever gone turquoise before? I am on a turquoise kick, and I think it would look lovely on you
Yes i have actually, i was petrol green and then atomic turquoise a few years ago, not got a good photo of the turquoise, it was quite faded in the one below, i loved it though, i nearly went that colour this time, but a lovely lady i know has it at the moment and i thought it would be best not to be the same. Plus id look pants stood next to her hehe.
Its nice for everyone to have something different when your out :)

I just dont like the pink on me at all, not a pink girl. I loved the directions violet but it just tones my bleached roots, it took fab ontop of the faded pink though, shame.
I think i might stick with purple for another month or two xxxxx

PlasticHair

Post by PlasticHair » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:53 am

Looovve the violet!
Looks absolutley gorgeous :)

cherrystarlet

Post by cherrystarlet » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:04 am

LOVE purple on you - the first pic is stunning!

Return to “Show Off - Everything Else”