Dread install with an undercut!

Forum rules
If it is fake hair related it goes in here!
1) Nice clear pic of the hair- we are not particularly interested in cam whoring - you want to show yourself off - put it in the gallery for 'everything else'.
2) When commenting - please be more OT than "wow you are freakin' hot!" We all like to be told we are hot mamma's - but mention the hair too!
3) Please don't be horrified if people give you helpful criticism. If you give criticism, please do so respectfully.
4) If you would like to NOT hear criticism, please say so.
5) If you are specifically looking to refine your technique, please post it in the "Critique" section (under Advice & Know How) so we can help be extra picky. ;)
6) The Show Off section is only for showing off hair, not making sales. Please make no references to eBay, A and P, or any kind of sales. You may offer the same item for sale in A and P, but no cross linking between A and P and Show Off. Show Off should be a place to comment and encourage each other; we don't want Show Off to become a billboard for sellers.
PepperDreads

Dread install with an undercut!

Post by PepperDreads » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:53 am

My first show off! These dreads are actually form a long time ago, (back when I was able to have a full instal) But due to an extreme case of alopecia I have to wait for my hair to grow back :i3: Sucks I know. I used to wear it back in a ponytail all the time, so now I'm all bald on my front hair line.

But back to the happy. These are Platinum blonde, and black KK that I got from my local Sally Store. The red is actually the Bob Marley braid, Which I don't think works for me personally. I use a flat iron to seal all my dreads, and they are left feeling like velcro...not at all like the KK brand should. But I don't think I sealed it correctly :?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 048%2C1536

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 048%2C1536
there are plenty of fish in the sea, but to many sharks..

trippytroll

Re: Dread install with an undercut!

Post by trippytroll » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:54 am

oooh you are so cute!
I hate how dreads feel when they have been sealed with a straightener,all velcroey. Did you seal using a wet rag?
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:06 pm

What a cutie!

flat ironed dreads shouldnt be velco-y, your heat might be too high, do you use a wet cloth? Usually that method makes mine really smooth.
Some colours just DONT seal for some reason :/

PepperDreads

Post by PepperDreads » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:48 am

@trippytroll: Awww, thanks! I never used a wet rag when sealing dreads, I thought they might not be at stiff. I see everyone making such fantastic dreads, and I just can't seem to get the hang of it :i7: Since I can't afford a steamer, the flat iron is my only method. I will try to use a wet rag when sealing them though, and see how that turns out. :i2:

PepperDreads

Post by PepperDreads » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:56 am

@Mkatsi: aww, thank ya! My iron doesn't have any heat settings on it. I need to get a steamer, if I can find one cheap enough. (I'm always checking thrift stores for a really inexpensive one) I'll try the wet cloth method, and we'll see how things turn out! I think its the direct heat from the plates on the iron overheating the dread. That and I don't think KK from Sally beauty supply is the best way to go. Their hair (especially the black KK) just doesn't ever want to back comb the way it should.

Return to “Hair Extension Show Offs”