The origins of your name...

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
absolutebrutal

Re: The origins of your name...

Post by absolutebrutal » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:05 pm

Columbia wrote:Mine is .... well my name :lol:

i likes yer name. reminds me of Rocky Horror.
http://thebeadmarket.bigcartel.com/ - Beads, Craft Supplies, Incense and Oils, One of a kind home made items!

Dude

Post by Dude » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:06 pm

absolutebrutal wrote:
Columbia wrote:Mine is .... well my name :lol:

i likes yer name. reminds me of Rocky Horror.
Everyone says that :lol:
I love her name ^__^
There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives.

dinosaur

Post by dinosaur » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:06 am

Well I'm over obsessed with dinosaurs.
but it stems from my name Debbie Dino aka Debbie Dinosaur.

I just love dinosaurs and they study of them. just imagine huge creatures walking around, reproducing and hunting.. amazing.
Dinosaur OH! Dinosaur

kanamai

Post by kanamai » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:11 am

I use Kanamai everywhere. I came up with it back in 2003/2004. It's a combo of Kana from Hamtaro and Meilin from CardCaptor Sakura. Though I didn't like the look of Kanamei so I made it Kanamai.

My main email address is L337G0dd355@gmail.com which is what my fiance called me just after we started going out. He said I was his L337 G0dd355, which made me blush of course.

I used to have many names I used based on roleplay characters, but not really anymore. Whenever I do roleplay my character is usually named Kana since Kana/Kanamai is the name of my alter ego.

runningwithlola

Post by runningwithlola » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:21 am

ikickshins wrote: and said I should kick him in the shins when he came back.. so I did.

That is SO funny! I have always wondered where that came from!

runningwithlola

Post by runningwithlola » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:28 am

Fricklesnarp wrote:Bit of a silly reason for my name - when I was first trying to set up my hotmail email account years and years ago, I kept typing in all these usernames and every time I did, it would come up with an annoying message saying 'this username has already been taken'. I was there for *ages* trying to find one that hadn't been taken, and in the end I just gave up and typed in some random nonsense word off the top of my head, just so I could get the bloody hotmail account to work - hence 'Fricklesnarp' lol :)
Ha! Yeah. My first AOL addy (aka, the one you cannot delete!) was Fesghryert. I feel your pain. lol.

Mine is inspired by the movie Run Lola Run/Lola Rennt.
I feel like my life is one big Run Lola Run-fest with shit I can't control happening all around me while I run (uh, figuratively, hehe) furiously trying to make the right decisions about what to do.

Sick Puppy

Post by Sick Puppy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:46 am

Sick Puppy is my modelling name ^_____^

It started out as a joke between me and some friends - when my nickname used to be Smut (DEAR GOD do not ask how that came about)

For ages my username on various sites was "Smut Puppy" because, well, it could be :D

I signed up to ModelMayhem and decided that maybe "Smut Puppy" wasn't the best name to have on that site, so to think it over I went and had a (wait for it) alfalfa, cheese and tomato sauce sammich (I LAHRVE THEM!)
My mum came into the kitchen and saw what I was eating, shook her head and said "Kas, you are one sick puppy"

And bing - zair eet ees ^_______^

Sick Puppy

Post by Sick Puppy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:48 am

runningwithlola wrote:
Fricklesnarp wrote:Bit of a silly reason for my name - when I was first trying to set up my hotmail email account years and years ago, I kept typing in all these usernames and every time I did, it would come up with an annoying message saying 'this username has already been taken'. I was there for *ages* trying to find one that hadn't been taken, and in the end I just gave up and typed in some random nonsense word off the top of my head, just so I could get the bloody hotmail account to work - hence 'Fricklesnarp' lol :)
Ha! Yeah. My first AOL addy (aka, the one you cannot delete!) was Fesghryert. I feel your pain. lol.

Mine is inspired by the movie Run Lola Run/Lola Rennt.
I feel like my life is one big Run Lola Run-fest with shit I can't control happening all around me while I run (uh, figuratively, hehe) furiously trying to make the right decisions about what to do.
LULZ some of my more ridiculous usernames have been made up when I got SICK of getting "username taken" messages...

Thus why my youtube account is under the name "FizzgigPuppyMerchant"
And my Ebay name is "glitterenema"

8-)

sammu

Post by sammu » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:08 pm

Mine was Zamso... I was around 8-9 when I created that name, since I used to draw a lot and this was one of the characters I made. Like several others, it WAS an original thing on Google, and now it seems like it's everywhere and zamso.com was taken. *grr!!*

Then on one of my Madonna-esque transformations I made a character called Cirque, then my screen names were Cirqueface (I called everyone by their name/nickname, then the word "face" after it), then CirqueMachine. I generally capitalise the M, because one of my proper nicknames is saMmu... yyyyeah. :i14:

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”