The origins of your name...

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
absolutebrutal

Re: The origins of your name...

Post by absolutebrutal » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:39 pm

the 'Brutal' part comes from a comment one of my best friends made about my headbanging after a night out and my special way with words. and the 'Absolute' part comes from an inside joke where every point made ends with "and THAT is absolute". so... it's absolute that i'm brutal.
http://thebeadmarket.bigcartel.com/ - Beads, Craft Supplies, Incense and Oils, One of a kind home made items!

cybernetikdreams

Post by cybernetikdreams » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:59 pm

Mine has a roots in my horribly geeky side. I have a huge love of sci-fi/post ap films and I am a notorious day dreamer. Hence a combination of the two. :oops:
Honestly I should be working...

cancankant

Post by cancankant » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:17 pm

I was thinking of great stage/pen names when on a trip a few years back and it just popped into mind.

I have a BS in Psychology, thus the reference to the philosopher Immanuel Kant. I also like Tori Amos a lot, and she was originally in a band called Y Kant Tori Read. Can-Can is just something girly and cutesy and also blatantly sexual in a brash & crass sort of way. But put it all together and you realize - can can kan't....it's the opposite of the Little Train That Could. I am the little girl who can't. I like to remind myself not to self-sabotage. :D It's my username & also my nom de plume.

I was Valkyrie_Grrl on Heavenly Hair. When I came up with that, it was a hint to my heritage (Norwegian) and my love of Norse artwork/literature/mythology and a play on riot grrl.

LadyLillith

Post by LadyLillith » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:43 pm

I wanted a new and excitng username, one that I really liked. I was researching the seven deadly sins and it had a list of demons associated with them and the one for lust was Lillith. I thought it was very me, and I love it.
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.

If the music is too loud, you are too old.

neonpixie

Post by neonpixie » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:02 pm

"pixie" is an old nickname of mine - a reference to that fact I'm only 5' tall and into mythology, fantasy and paganism :P
"neon" is for my love of all things bright, neon, happy, shiny, glowy and cybery!
Oscail mo shúile, Nìos mò, Èist è sin, Ar an tsáile snámha, Fol lol the doh fol the day...

Neon Black

Post by Neon Black » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:32 pm

Neon Black - my shop name, which is the title of a Frankenstein Drag Queens song ;)
My actual name, Janine, was because my parents were massive David Bowie fans :P

Dystopatica

Post by Dystopatica » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:50 pm

I've just changed to this after using the same net name, Silentlybound for about 10 years. That was pretty obviously a reference to certain practises which I have been known to enjoy and it was also my domain name for several years.

I primarily changed it because I've started working with young people in a highly sensitive arena, and I figured it wasn't really appropriate anymore. This name is just something I made up on the spot after spontaneously buying an LJ rename token and then having no idea what I actually wanted. It reflects my love of dystopic literature and films and is also unique online, as far as I know.
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

SynthetiKat

Post by SynthetiKat » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:56 pm

A few years back I decided I needed a change of name. I came up with SynthetiKat because I really started to get into synthetic hair, unnatural color hair dying and the like. Then I picked the end to be cat because I've been a cat lover my whole life, I've been a cat for Halloween many times and I've had cats in my life since I was 5. The K is because I didn't want to use the C. I didn't like the way it looked. Kinda boring but that's where it came from!
-- SynthetiKat --

illithid

Post by illithid » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:34 pm

An illithid, aka mind flayer is a vey geeky AD&D reference, and an in joke among me and mine ;)

I also wanted to go for anonymity

Freakonaleash

Post by Freakonaleash » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:15 pm

mines a bit boring and obvious really. Big korn fan,one of my favourite songs of theirs- freak on a leash. First started out as a boardie name on download forums about 3-4 years ago,has stuck ever since and followed me onto all sorts of websites/forums etc.

Wild.Rabbit.Ren

Post by Wild.Rabbit.Ren » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:06 pm

The origins of my name have come from 2 differant places & the last word in my name came first then the second one came second & the first word came last lol heres the origins of my name then:

Ren - Friends nickname for me
Rabbit - My boyfrined used to call it me before he passed on
wild - My boyfrined also called me this because im the one thing hed never quit - was referenced to a drug with a rabbit on it i think one of its nicknames was white rabbit (he wasnt a drug addict or anything its just one of thoses things you experiment with at some point in your life)

Princess_Anime

Post by Princess_Anime » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:52 pm

back when i was like 12 or so i was completely new to the internets and anime at the same time. I was such a little kid back then and watched animes with princesses and which made me think 'I love anime, I'd love to be an awesome princess' so I made it up lol. Ive had it ever since. I kind of think sometimes its a bit childish but, what the hell lol!

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:24 am

Bunnys just my nickname :)

When I was 12 I cut my hair quite short and always tied it up in really high pigtails at the top of my head and my friend said I looked like I had bunny ears :lol: . And so she started to call me bunnykins.. it caught on. But enventualy no one could be bothered saying Bunnykins so they shortened it.

My real name is Stephie. Not Stephanie. Stephie. And my parents have no idea as to why they named me that they just felt like it XD.

KittenAttack

Post by KittenAttack » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:54 pm

The "Kitten" part is because I love felines, and my personality/appearance is somewhat kitten-like. I guess you could say I'm playful, little in size, energetic, feisty, and I have a biting problem. The "Attack" part is because of the feistyness...I'm sure there's been a time when you've been attacked by a ferocious little kitten before. I'm always jumping around corners and pretending I know karate. :twisted:

Carbon

Post by Carbon » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:29 am

i wear an awful lot of black.
plain and simple.

Zombie Strawberries

Post by Zombie Strawberries » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:48 am

my name just come from 2 things that I love a lot

Punkbuster

Post by Punkbuster » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:00 am

My younger sister graduated from 8th grade the same year I graduated from high school and we were being silly. Amidst the silliness, I got the title Buster of Punks.

Rachi Graves

Post by Rachi Graves » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:06 pm

My original username came about when I joined EZboard, I was pretty desperate to post so borrowed from my boyfriends dj name; biocow and became biorach. It was never something that suited me but I just kept on using it.

My new name came about when I set up my business...I just liked the way that Rachi Graves sounded and I wanted a stage name/alias for my work!!
Former username; biorach

Precious

Post by Precious » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:59 pm

It a pet name of sorts I got from a friend a few years back. I donno, I like it better than my regular nickname and just as much as my birth name.

AssassinCookie

Post by AssassinCookie » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:36 pm

I don't know really.. just turned out like that one day i wanted to change my nickname. My first nickname on the web was "En Klut Er Ingen Kjeks" (norwegian for "a rag is not a cookie"), and as you can see, it's a bit long.. and most people don't understand it :p

~*Zombie Candycane~*

Post by ~*Zombie Candycane~* » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:13 pm

It was something my friend made up for me a while back and it just kinda stuck.

Id woke up at hers in my candycane pj's after a LONG and drink filled night lol.. hence i looked like a zombie.. and the name just stuck :D

And here i am :D

Plus my OH calls me zombie as a nickname lol where a strange couple as my nickname for him is "sh*t face" lol.
**Zombie <^/._.\^> Kitty**

http://twitter.com/JayJayCuppycake

deadteddys

Post by deadteddys » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:40 pm

Well I used to go round with the alias bad-ass, and tbh that wasnt very cool at all and I have no idea where I got it from (still have it as my deviantart username because I have uploaded *SO* much onto the account I just dont have the heart to change it), and so I started thinking about picking a new internet nickname. It was also the time to change my e-mail address because cute_leah1 was a bit past it!!!! I dont really have any idea where deadteddys came from but I know I have a big obsession with teddy bears, so probably from that! And the fact im 'goff' I put dead in front of it, and its 'ys' instead of 'ies' is because im slightly silly :) Easier for me to remember!
Blarg! Hope that explains :i2:

V15U4L 3RR0R

Post by V15U4L 3RR0R » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:54 am

Mine just popped into my head one day when I was thinking of dreads and I decided to geek it up a bit by using some leet in there. So no that exciting really.

mizsyn

Post by mizsyn » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:37 am

I have been "mizsyn" for ... lets see.... about 12-13 years now? And it started as a joke lol. A fake screen name kinda. And it just stuck!

Columbia

Post by Columbia » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:57 pm

Mine is .... well my name :lol:

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”