The origins of your name...

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
inf3cted

Re: The origins of your name...

Post by inf3cted » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:26 pm

my username is from a cult i own on vampirefreaks. I loved the name so i started using it on other websites now. I either go by inf3cted or cinnamon spider

bingeandpurge

Post by bingeandpurge » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:47 am

Long long ago I was signing up for some website, don't even remember which now, and I couldn't think of a name to use so I just went with the name of the song I was listening to at the time, which was the Lunachicks "Binge and Purge." It seemed to get a rise out of "normal" people on other sites, so I kept using it just out of spite. Eventually I decided it made a good metaphor for my life and relationships, and it grew on me.
So now I use it just about everywhere, sometimes I have to throw underscores in if the name is already taken, like it was on VF.
Most people seem to think I'm either bulimic (obviously, which I am NOT) or think I took it from the Metallica song, which I also did not.

As far as I know there's only one other person who uses it and I only know this from googling it, there's a guy who's signed up for some bodybuilding and steroid forums with this name. So yeah, that's not me either!
There are no rules anywhere. The Goddess prevails.
Hail Eris!

http://bingeandpurge.deviantart.com

Miss Asphyxia

Post by Miss Asphyxia » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:31 pm

Actually mine came from back in the days where I used to play Guild Wars. I had a Necro I named Mistress Asphyxia (So goth). I liked the two words together and it kinda stuck. Somewhere down the line Mistress got shortened to Miss and there you have it.

I don't go by this name very often anymore. I've moved on to two more words that sound awesome together: Screaming Machines. That's my handle for pretty much everything now.
I am beyond God, I am human

Gemstone

Post by Gemstone » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:02 pm

Nickname from 2 friends of mine as it's what my real name translates into (Gemma) so I get stuck with Gems or Gemstone and most things to my friends get signed Gemstone as it stuck....
I may have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the heart and stomach of a concrete elephant

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:26 pm

Mine is my dread / accessory site name. I love all things natural - being a non-colour haired girlie - it kind of made sence :)

schwarz_engelblut

Post by schwarz_engelblut » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:34 pm

When I lived with my dad in Berlin, the kids at school taunted me about my "goffick"ness and called me engelblut. schwarz meister. mutt girl (totally not on topic but hey, I are mutt-gal!) haha

sooooo... I showed them I didn't care by adopting the name Schwarz Engelblut :D because I'm 10x that awesome haha now it's pretty much my name. engelblut that is
this is my witty signature. love it. fear it <3 rawr!

if you havn't received your package, contact me!!

Dreads for sale

PreMades :]
http://www.SchwarzEngelblut.etsy.com

Hairyspace
http://www.myspace.com/engelbluthair

Marshmallowmassacre

Post by Marshmallowmassacre » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:19 pm

Marshmallowmassacre
it's because I use wear this marshmallow perfume, that one of my friends use to love and she use to call me a marshmallow massacre because the main place that always smelt of marshmallow was my hair so I figured it would be perfect for this forum!
My business name Dolly decay dreads
it just sort of evolved my nickname was Dolly for a little while and I wanted my business name to be personal to me so I did the whole alliteration thing!

sinn_ister

Post by sinn_ister » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:27 pm

My name has kind of a long story behind it-it's a shortened versions of the name I used for several years, which was sinisterminister. I got that name from a horse who ran in the Kentucky Derby like four years ago-I happened to see it in a newspaper article and thought it was cool. I had to shorten it to sinn_ister when I made an LJ account, and it stuck.

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:31 am

Lol, I remember this thread on Rainbowlox but not on HH.

Mine is my photography name. I used to just use it for my photography but now I use it for everything since it is me (and I'm trying to keep my names tidy). Still though, it is fully MischiefStudios but I dropped the "Studios" part when it has nothing to do with photography (like on here).

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:37 pm

My name Is Miss Liberty because my real name is Elizabeth. My grandfather calls me Libby, and Liberty, saying that he chooses to call me that in dedication to Women's Suffrage in America.

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:52 pm

obviously, it's from 'Lollirot' by Jack Off Jill.
5 years ago when I made my livejournal, I didn't know what to have for a username, & as I loved JOJ at the time, I chose this. now it's just sort of stuck & is my internet alias !
I wish that time would stand still,
if this was part of a film
we would watch the clip all day,
like a portrait of you and I...

Tanya.Lou

Post by Tanya.Lou » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:58 pm

Mine is my name.
Tanya and Lou because my middle name is Louise. Not very exciting really.

Pixie_Junk

Post by Pixie_Junk » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:18 pm

:roll: Haha jeez, that would be hard to explain.

Interesting to read where other people got their name's from though =)
Thrillseeker, heartbreaker, shapeshifter

www.myspace.com/programmed_to_derail

SuprStrDrgQueen

Post by SuprStrDrgQueen » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:27 am

Well, I used to hang around with alot of trannies and crossdressers, all of whom said I was more dragqueen than any dragqueen they'd met. The superstar bit has always been there, after doing makeovers for my tranny friends they always called me a superstar. Being awkward I changed the spelling :P

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:08 am

I Am The Party is a song I love by Million Dead, who are a band I love. Or loved. They're no longer together :(

I signed up to a social networking type-y site recently and within a day had 3 emails from guys telling me my username was awesome :P
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

spittingpink

Post by spittingpink » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:25 pm

I used to work with my ex as part of his promotions company which was called "Spitting Black" (a botch song if I'm not wrong) anyway, I just to branch out and do art work for other people too and I was originally just "Beka Designs" till my ex said that was rubbish and why didn't I call my self "Spitting Pink".

The promotion company has gone now, but I just still love that name so I kept it! :)

Black-Sunshine

Post by Black-Sunshine » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:16 pm

Mine is from the White Zombie song 'Black Sunshine', which I named my clothing shop after :)
http://www.blacksunshineiow.etsy.com Handmade Dreads, hair bows, necklaces, bags & more!

http://www.blacksunshineiow.com

Fricklesnarp

Post by Fricklesnarp » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:26 pm

Bit of a silly reason for my name - when I was first trying to set up my hotmail email account years and years ago, I kept typing in all these usernames and every time I did, it would come up with an annoying message saying 'this username has already been taken'. I was there for *ages* trying to find one that hadn't been taken, and in the end I just gave up and typed in some random nonsense word off the top of my head, just so I could get the bloody hotmail account to work - hence 'Fricklesnarp' lol :)

I had a very similar problem when I signed up to Ebay, where I'm known as Greenfurryknees :roll:

panda_eyes

Post by panda_eyes » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:53 pm

Haha I love this thread. Mine's not all that exciting, I just wear a ton of eyeliner. All the time.

Another username I use is nepchoon (as in Neptune, but spelt strangely) - I was going through a bit of a geeky space-is-awesome phase and refused to add numbers to make it unique. On ebay it was already taken and so 'toastedtreefrog' eventually happened, after many attempts of random word combinations!

bingeandpurge

Post by bingeandpurge » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:17 am

Fricklesnarp wrote:Bit of a silly reason for my name - when I was first trying to set up my hotmail email account years and years ago, I kept typing in all these usernames and every time I did, it would come up with an annoying message saying 'this username has already been taken'. I was there for *ages* trying to find one that hadn't been taken, and in the end I just gave up and typed in some random nonsense word off the top of my head, just so I could get the bloody hotmail account to work - hence 'Fricklesnarp' lol :)

I had a very similar problem when I signed up to Ebay, where I'm known as Greenfurryknees :roll:
I have an LJ account called Flaargenswizl.
I understand. :)
There are no rules anywhere. The Goddess prevails.
Hail Eris!

http://bingeandpurge.deviantart.com

phuturatica

Post by phuturatica » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:23 pm

I've had this username since FOREVER! :O Probably for about 6 years or so now...

Not sure why I really chose it to be fair. I think its because at the time my style was developing and I was going for the more futuristic style of things. So I wanted to be all cool and be futuratica and whatnot. However I thought I'd be well 1337 and be phuturatica instead. ;)

Hahaha...now I think about it, its actually quite lame really! :roll:
Recollect me darling, raise me to your lips... two undernourished egos, four rotating hips...

Allexiyah

Post by Allexiyah » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:38 pm

Some peoples meanings are so deep :o mine comes from trying to figure out a decent company name, my friend said tendertendrils and it got stuck in my head for about 3 weeks so i gave in :lol:

Im hoping to get my stall running in cardiff market so playing with some names for that at the moment, but nothing that makes me excited :cry:

Open to suggestions thou - its just a goth/alt clothing etc stall :ugeek: :D

medusa

Post by medusa » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:52 pm

Medusa, obviously for the dready hair reference, and also because I really feel drawn towards Medusa in mythology. I was medusalox on the old board, and that's the name that I used to sell under. Just plain 'medusa' was already taken by someone on the old board, so I was pretty psyched to come over here and register with the new, shortened name. :D

twistedhurt

Post by twistedhurt » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:14 am

TwistedHurt
was just random, I was bored and wanted a "neat" user name :roll: doesn't seem really neat anymore but I'm sticking with it.
"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about CREATING yourself!"

Moody108

Post by Moody108 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:54 am

well, my favourite cat was called Kikky and my name is Lou, my photographer chose it as my modelling name and it's stuck
Never trust someone who's gonna live forever, they don't have enough to lose
Formerly known as kikky_lou

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”