Selling and Buying Art

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Mischief

Selling and Buying Art

Post by Mischief » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:46 pm

Other than Etsy, Ebay, Craiglist and sites like that, what other ways are there to sell art?

I would also like to know where are some good places where I can buy art (not supplies)?

IKickShins

Re: Selling and Buying Art

Post by IKickShins » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:13 pm

You could look for galleries in your area. In Phoenix, there are a few art gallery/bar/night club places where local artists display their work.. pieces that are for sale usually say it wherever the title and artist are listed.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

cancankant

Post by cancankant » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:40 pm

Does your area have art walks or gallery nights? In my city, we have an event called Gallery Night that is held quarterly. Wine, food, and yes, ART...although most of the art would be higher end pieces, there are a few galleries that specialize in newer, urban artists. These pieces tend to be in the more affordable price ranges. Also, you can check with your local high schools and colleges. If you have an art school in town, there may be students willing to part with their creations. Some coffeehouses and bars also showcase artists. You may be able to haggle a better price than what's listed if you're serious and pay cash. :D Some artists can be egotistic, but if they truly want to sell a piece, they usually will work out a mutually agreed upon price instead of letting the sale go over a few bucks.

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:08 pm

Nope, it sucks living in Suburbia. I'm really looking for some online places since unless I can walk to the place, I can't get to it.

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”