Pet Peeves

Forum rules
The' GENERAL CHAT- silly posts' thread will be locked monthly. The old thread will remain for access for a month and then be deleted. This is to remove information from storage that is old. If you need information from the locked thread please retrieve it before it is deleted.

Please be inclusive of everyone- this is an area for all members to chat and feel part of the community.

1) No trolling or posting topics with the intention of causing upset.
2) No swearing.
3) No abusive or derogatory comments about any group of people based on their look, beliefs, morals, religion, sexual orientation, gender, race, ethnicity , profession or country will be tolerated.
4) Keep 'angst' style posts to a minimum.
5) Keep topics PG13 - we don't have to be all nice and sugary, but nothing too graphic please.
6) *If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here. This may also apply if you are looking for product information that will lead to indirect promotion.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Dude

Pet Peeves

Post by Dude » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:23 pm

What is everyones pet peeves?
We all have them no matter how small or silly some may think.

My main one is people on and on at me over something - whether its something I have to do, or whatever. You go on and on at me I will ignore it all and not carry on.

My other one, is people who dont get back to you over a job,venue,gig ..... Stuff like that really narks me.

People who have to stop in the middle of the aisle while your shopping! Especially if you have a stick and a heavy basket. No offence to old people, but they have a habit of doing it .... while talking .....

And last but not least - People who say they are going to do something but then dont. At least see the job through.

Think thats it .....

Please abide by the forum rules on this one too.
There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives.

IKickShins

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by IKickShins » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:27 pm

People who pop their gum.

And when people call rexlace "relax." I've never understood that one since the label on any given spool of rexlace says "rexlace."
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

biowaste

Post by biowaste » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:30 pm

People who chew gum way too loudly:evil: (haha i wrote this then realised ikickshins wrote somthing similar lol)

Chavs on the bus playing their music

Also, when you try and get your point across to someone, yet they dont seem to listen and still stick by their guns even though they are totally wrong

Oh yea, people who bring the past up so everyone has an argument all over again, when it was laid to rest ages ago

Hmmm... thats it for the moment, i am sure i can think of loads more though!

starlight

Post by starlight » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:30 pm

at work, when customers I don't know call me by my name just because I'm wearing a name badge.. it always just makes me anxious that I'm supposed to know them from somewhere!! also I find it unfair that I don't know their names!

also when I check the notes and people say 'it's a good one, I made it this morning', or 'do you bite the pound coins'... I mean really, wtf? I'm just doing my job, and they think they're so funny, when I hear it at least twice a shift..

also when people don't put the little dividers between their stuff on the conveyor belt.. and people who just plonk the whole basket on there instead of unloading it onto the belt...

eff it, my pet peeve: WORK!!

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:32 pm

people driving in the left lane who should move over and pretty much most other drivers out there
bad grammar/pronunciation when speaking
parents who let their kids run wild in public
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

Beeunique

Post by Beeunique » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:37 pm

People who make appointments and dont keep them without letting you know or who are late and keep you waiting for ages with no reason at all (arghhh)

People who feel its their right to be rude to others (speaking your mind or saying your opinion is fine but using the phrase 'frank speaking' just to be mean and downright nasty is not right)

And my biggest one...
People who think you are really interested in how their work colleages' mums' neighbours' daughter-in-law failed two a-levels!!! Or how their friends mums brother in law split from his wife. Sorry but these stories are only (mildly) interesting if you know at least one of the people involved (or even if the story can be condensed into a 5 min tale instead of a two hour saga with side-track storylines about all characters involved in the 'scandal')

Rant over lol
Beeunique - alternative hair dyes & accessories (incl special effects)
Hair Dye Gallery - over 3000 alternative photos & hair dye reviews

KeiVendetta

Post by KeiVendetta » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:00 pm

I have a few...
When people call me hun when I don't know them. I don't know it just creeps me out.

When people insist on leaving the plastic film or sticker on remotes, cell phones, camera lens, anything like that annoys the crap out of me. My dad does it all the time and I pick it off when he's not looking :lol:

People that let their children run amok in public places. Especially when they aren't being disciplined.

Kaminoke

Post by Kaminoke » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:08 pm

Music on public transport, especially the underground. If I can hear you down the other end of the carriage, IT'S TOO FREAKIN' LOUD.

Children. Full stop.

Lack of general manners. I don't work with the public anymore, because they're so damn rude. How hard is it not to abuse people trying to do their jobs, and to tack on please and thank you?

People who think I'm an art student, or a dropout, or stupid. I'm none of those - scientists can be creative too :o

When I can't find something that I use EVERY DAMN DAY. Right now I can't find my dreading brush, when I know it's RIGHT HERE.

I swear, I'm turning into Stressed Eric :cry:

Gemstone

Post by Gemstone » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:18 pm

At the moment it's people talking to me about their wedding plans - it's all well and good if I'm gonna have to be involved in some way (like with my OH's brother's)but if I'm not and you're not that close to me (like my best mate/mum/dad/cat) then please keep me out.... take this lady I work with she's not getting married until next August, she got engaged in February this year and since the day the ring was on her finger all I've had was colour schemes, photographers, venues, bridesmaids dresses, cars churches..... will it ever end?!?!?!?!?

I can think of more later
Last edited by Gemstone on Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I may have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the heart and stomach of a concrete elephant

Sakura

Post by Sakura » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:18 pm

People eating loudly and in particular chewwing with their mouths open. For f**k sake it's disgusting people, for the love of god stop it!

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:24 pm

starlight wrote:at work, when customers I don't know call me by my name just because I'm wearing a name badge.. it always just makes me anxious that I'm supposed to know them from somewhere!! also I find it unfair that I don't know their names!
Haha, I don't have a name badge but when I answer the phone at work I have to give my name but I still find it weird when people respond to "....Joanne speaking, how can I help you?" with "Hello Joanne, I'm looking for blah blah blah...."
Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstay.....

http://www.facebook.com/forgottennegatives

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:28 pm

iamtheparty wrote:
starlight wrote:at work, when customers I don't know call me by my name just because I'm wearing a name badge.. it always just makes me anxious that I'm supposed to know them from somewhere!! also I find it unfair that I don't know their names!
Haha, I don't have a name badge but when I answer the phone at work I have to give my name but I still find it weird when people respond to "....Joanne speaking, how can I help you?" with "Hello Joanne, I'm looking for blah blah blah...."
lol, I do that when I call places :oops:
But to me it's more to keep thing friendly. I'm a team lead in a call center and have spent years cultivating a phone persona, so to speak, to be really friendly etc... so it's sort of a habit for me to use a person's name. Sorry!
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:32 pm

Haha it's cool. It's more my issue than theirs :P Also, most people call me Jo, but I use Joanne on the phone because there's another Jo at work, so when a stranger calls me by my full name it freaks me out for a moment :P
Last edited by iamtheparty on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hotmess

Post by Hotmess » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:02 am

biowaste wrote:People who chew gum way too loudly:evil: (haha i wrote this then realised ikickshins wrote somthing similar lol)
Me too!
I was taking a test in class, and the girl wayyyy across the room was smacking her gum loudly! And we had about 30 kids in class!

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:10 am

When someone breaks your stuff and doesn't even tell you. I've just retreived my ipod cable from the family compy. It was a really cool retracting one and my brother has over pulled it and now it doesn't retract. He can bloody well buy me a new one.

dinosaur

Post by dinosaur » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:08 am

Hotmess wrote:
biowaste wrote:People who chew gum way too loudly:evil: (haha i wrote this then realised ikickshins wrote somthing similar lol)
Me too!
I was taking a test in class, and the girl wayyyy across the room was smacking her gum loudly! And we had about 30 kids in class!
I second this. it's like they have a horse mouth or they chew like cattle. I think it's just gross, especially when girls do it.
Dinosaur OH! Dinosaur

candycovered

Post by candycovered » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:13 am

Sakura wrote:People eating loudly and in particular chewwing with their mouths open. For f**k sake it's disgusting people, for the love of god stop it!
I agree !
I wish that time would stand still,
if this was part of a film
we would watch the clip all day,
like a portrait of you and I...

skakitty

Post by skakitty » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:49 am

iamtheparty wrote:
haha I answer the phone 'good morning IT services' and then customers go 'Hello IT Services' .... thats not my name!!!! LOL i sound like the ting tings.....

LadyLillith

Post by LadyLillith » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:18 am

People being late! If an invitation says 8 it means 8, not 10 past, quarter past or even half past. Being late isn't fashionable, it's just rude.

And bad grammer. I'm not too overbearing but I can't stand the people who say innit and stuff.
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.

If the music is too loud, you are too old.

davendor

Post by davendor » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:19 am

LONG cut scenes in games. If it's more than 5minutes I lose interest. I just want to play the damned game >_<

When you do something for someone and they take advantage and never repay the favour.

General rudeness.

Also, when you work full time and your housemates don't do jack all, and think it's your responsibilty to sort EVERYTHING out!

Moody108

Post by Moody108 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:28 am

when people think it's ok to touch and grab me

when people talk over me, i was out last night and was talking to a friend, and this guy came up and everytime i started talking, he just talked over me. SO rude!

also, people who bullshit to make themselves look cooler, like pretend to know someone etc

and people who have always done it bigger and better. "my cat died died last night" "oh well when my cat died it had a huge funeral with horse drawn carriage and golden coffin bla bla bla" well... you know what i mean....
Never trust someone who's gonna live forever, they don't have enough to lose
Formerly known as kikky_lou

biowaste

Post by biowaste » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:47 am

kikky_lou wrote: and people who have always done it bigger and better. "my cat died died last night" "oh well when my cat died it had a huge funeral with horse drawn carriage and golden coffin bla bla bla" well... you know what i mean....
omg i have a friend that leads her life by making herself out to be the worst done to... annoys the hell outta me... all they want is pity... even when you feel like utter s***

another few to add to the list now...

when a certain person is attractive and they KNOW it! its really unattractive.... if that makes sence
people who are smart and look down on less intelligent people, or they think they are smarter because they come from a better background/look more clever... even people from bad areas can be just as good or even better then them...
and another thing is them blonde jokes... they are rarely funny and its annoying... im not even blonde and its just stupid... then the women who act dumb and BLAME it on their hair colour

pfft :roll:

illithid

Post by illithid » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:03 pm

People who think i'm scum because I have 2 adorable little girls. Believe me , I still cop one helluva an attitude of some people because Im a freak/divorced/other people's kids behave badly/the planets full etc.. whatever the excuse , can't they just let me live? Plenty of my friends are of the "childfree" ilk and dont actively hate on people who've made a different choice. eesh. /rant

Chavs playing chavvy shit "music" on the bus, or too loud in their stupid modded cars, or blaring out their house; they use it to mark their territory

Fly tipping&vandalism by the above

misused apostrophes

rabid sun worshippers

orange fake tan

morons who dont respect my trolley-riding kids personal space in supermarkets etc.. you wouldnt lean your b.o ridden sweaty pits over an adult..oh maybe you would...

the shallow culture thats bombarded on tv adverts...thats why i dont have tv anymore, im sick of being told that fake tan, bling, r&b compilations and other mainstream, safety-in-numbers crap are desirable items

aaaaand "the Pussycat Dolls" I mean come on..who on earth makes a three-minute pop song glorifying acting like a slapper??? You aren't better than other chicks because you are "freaks" or "raw" or whatever. We are all beautiful in our own ways..so, if you want the sort of shallow, inbred moron that only wants something so fleeting as a skinny butt and size zero clothing, then you are welcome to him!... it'll be you who's man is off with someone younger and "sexier" one day...lol

parents who dont really want their kids, you are doing those kids damage, and their bad behaviour affects everyone elses kids..

dog sh!t EVERYWHERE

<<Miss_Sami>>

Post by <<Miss_Sami>> » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:30 pm

People who dont swap lanes to let you on the motorway, but as soon as you've managed to squeeze your way in front of them, are quite happy to swap lanes to overtake you.
People who slag you off behind your back but are nice to you to your face.
When someone tells you they will turn up/go out even though they have no intention of doing so.
Dude wrote: People who have to stop in the middle of the aisle while your shopping! Especially if you have a stick and a heavy basket. No offence to old people, but they have a habit of doing it .... while talking .....
This really annoys me. It also annoys my grandad too!
In a similar vain it bugs me when people stop to chat in the doorway of a shop, then look at you like its your fault you've asked them to move.

The whole name badge thing used to annoy me too. So much so that I stopped wearing my badge.
People who phone you up (at work this is) and then dont listen to what you say!
"Hello Debenhams Sheffield Menswear, How can I help you?"
"Is this Debenhams?"
"Yes."
"The one in Sheffield?"
"...Yes"
"Am I speaking to someone off the menswear department?"
:roll:
Customers in general really bug me. It's like people come out shopping and leave their IQ at home.
And the way that people have gotten so much ruder over the past few years. When did screaming/swearing at someone in a shop because your not getting your own way become acceptable?
God I hated working in a shop. I could go on all day
Sam-I-Am || Flickr || Tumblr

Black-Sunshine

Post by Black-Sunshine » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:59 pm

People assuming Im a millionaire because I run my own shop and chavs who spit
http://www.blacksunshineiow.etsy.com Handmade Dreads, hair bows, necklaces, bags & more!

http://www.blacksunshineiow.com

Return to “Noise - General Chatter”